Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Another music-related one, having favourite DAB radio stations which span several decades! (❤ 70s, etc).

Dragon100

Chatty Member
My nephew has just passed his degree, has a 1 year old daughter and is getting married on Monday. His little sister (niece) starts uni (fingers crossed) in September. It seems like yesterday that he was starting nursery and she was a new born and I was a 31 year old auntie!!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I had this at a weekend away recently. I was in the hotel having dinner in quite a smart dining room when a group of 5 young women came in. They sat at the table and literally took photos the whole time they were there. The thing was, they had a main meal, tap water and shared two glasses of Prosecco that went around the table for individual photos. It was quite a sight to behold and I found it quite fascinating.

The venue itself was quite staid for a group of young women and they only stayed for an hour but I can just imagine what sort of evening the Insta stories projected.

It did make me feel old but also relieved I never had to go through all that bollocks.
Do you think the reason they were sharing 2 glasses of prosecco between them was that they were all driving?

I would find it fascinating if a group of people bought some photogenic food / drink to share as an insta prop, rather than because of cost reasons.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I’m not even old but I’m so prude when it comes to people talking openly and vividly about their sex life. Like, I don’t want to know what Dave from the local pub did to you in Saturday.
The way girls do make up now , contouring this , primer that .... a thousand different products and brushes... I’m old school 4 products 15 mins and I’m good to go! And I’m only 33!! 😂😂😂
Awh, you would hate me, it takes me nearly an hour to do my makeup and make sure it’s okay in artificial light and natural light with around 20 products and then another 20 mins to style my hair in the morning.

Blurp

VIP Member
Meeting my former university flatmate's nephew whom I remember as a baby getting his nappy changed - he was then a probationary police officer, and that was nearly ten years ago....

HowlOwl

VIP Member
See, music I can cope with, although I do think when I'm driving round in my car (which is just such a 'Mum' car, and not cool in any way) playing Headie One or Dave, I must look like what we used to refer to in our youth as a LCT (Last Chance Trendy) - the people desperately trying to cling onto their youth in some way 😂😂😂

My youngest child is now in their 20s, no longer a teenager. That makes me feel old! And this, plus my impending 50th birthday next year is provoking an existential crisis. Like when they talk about completing HS2 in 20 years, I'll be long retired by then :eek: Or that 2048 is closer than 1994... I'll be 76 in 2048. Properly old. Yet 1994 doesn't even feel that long ago, I still have clothes I was wearing then!

Also, half the people there are threads about on here I've never heard of. And even the ones I have heard of and whose threads I am often on (like Stacy Solomon and Hinch) are both young enough that I could be their mum. That gets me every time!
I love the Last Chance Trendy thing! Think may have passed that, many moons ago.