Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Does anyone else remember being sent to the shops with a note from your ma saying she needs smokes and needed you get them as she busy with the other kids ahah?

The horror if someone did that now!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

LadyMuck

VIP Member
When I was asked my age in a pub restaurant. I thought it was cos they were checking I was old enough to drink. But she said you might be eligible for our senior discount!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

rivermonster

VIP Member
Buying our son a 50th Birthday Card :D

I don't have a mobile phone but the emergency one in the car is like the one in the photo.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
In my head I'm early 20s but am actually 40 😂

The things that make me feel old are:

-Not knowing what to wear in case I'm too old for a particular item now.

- Meeting who I think is an older lady (because in my head I am early 20s) to discover that they are younger than me.

- Contemplating botox for my frown lines.

- Teaching computing to my Year 2 class who find things like coding way too easy whereas I've been binge learning it and panicking about the lesson.

• Haha

Curly Top

VIP Member
We didn't have computers at school at all let alone mobile phones.
We only had three channels on TV and children's programmes ended at 5.30pm.
When we went to school everyone had watched the same programmes as there was so little choice. There was no streaming so we all had to watch in real time.
We didn't have a freezer until I was about 12. I thought artic roll was the last thing in sophistication.
I remember decimalisation.

I am officially a dinosaur.

• Heart
  • Haha

Ennui

VIP Member
We didn't have computers at school at all let alone mobile phones.
We only had three channels on TV and children's programmes ended at 5.30pm.
When we went to school everyone had watched the same programmes as there was so little choice. There was no streaming so we all had to watch in real time.
We didn't have a freezer until I was about 12. I thought artic roll was the last thing in sophistication.
I remember decimalisation.

I am officially a dinosaur.
This reminds me when the teachers used to wheel in those massive tellys with a video player.

Either to entertain us on the last week of school or scare the shit out of us with those "Don't go with strangers/play on railway lines/abseil off a pylon" films.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Holidaybobs

VIP Member
On my birthday my 6 year old niece asked was I born in the 70s. When I told her I was turning 26, she said, ‘wow, you are so old, you might as well be dead’.

• Haha

FilthyGorgeous

I’m regularly doing that old person thing where they reminisce about the past and how much better it was back in the day, the music, the films, the soaps, clothes, meeting people & dating, etc. My granny used to do it and I’d be rolling my eyes just waiting for her to stop boring the tits off me.

• Haha

Imonlyme

Chatty Member
Explaining to my kids that I didn't have a mobile phone till I was 18. They weren't really a thing until then, not for the masses anyway. They looked at me with a sense of pity and as if I were some kind of alien not from this world.

Also describing cassette tapes to my youngest, and how you had to sometimes physically rewind them if the actual ribbon tape got twisted. She was absolutely fascinated that it wasn't just as simple as touching a bar on a screen.

My kids still think it's crazy that I had to use a landline phone (we don't even have one now) to talk to friends.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I remember when David and Victoria got married AFTER Dorklyn was born.
Me too - the first and only time I've ever bought OK magazine! Remember when they changed into the purple outfits (I thought that dress was better than her actual wedding dress). Warning, the cringe level is strong here:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

Ennui

VIP Member
There was a big hoo ha on TV about Jeremy Paxman stepping down from University Challenge after 30 years. In my head he only took over from Bamber Gascoigne a decade ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Curly Top

VIP Member
I still can't get over the state of people's faces these days. I live in Essex - exactly where all the Towie lot live - the Wrights go to my gym. There are young pretty girls who have ruined themselves with trout pouts, breast implants and Lord knows what with their bums, but also people in their 50s and 60s who are doing it too. Blonde hair extensions, pulled tight faces with these horrid pulled up thick eyebrows and huge lips. They look waxy.

The worst thing is that they look so pleased with themselves and that you're looking at them with admiration. Grumpy and up themselves. I avoid them completely as they look so off putting.
---
They must look at me like I'm something out of the ark with no embellishments.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Herefortheteeeee

Just being 34. I often get nostalgic for my 20’s as I had a fucking great time. So glad I didn’t have the pressure of social media that kids do now, I don’t think I would have coped well. Facebook was used to chat to friends and write about your night out, not filter photos to shit & draw slugs above your eyes.

Reactions: 16