What makes you feel better about your appearance?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m feeling so self conscious at the moment and I hate the way that I look - my hair has grown a lot, which I quite like, but it’s so thick and bulky, I’ve over plucked my brows, my lashes are white blonde so look awful, my skin is the worst it’s ever looked, I need a botox top up and I’ve been doing my own gel nails so now my natural nails are paper thin and short.

Help please ladies! What can I do to give myself a boost?

Reactions: 2
I always find a bit of fake tan helps me feel my best, even though I can never be arsed to put it on! Perhaps a nice face mask, DIY pedicure, buying a new bit of makeup or skincare. Sit in the sun for a bit and get a nice natural glow? Just little things like that might help! I am right here with you, not feeling amazing rn but this is what tends to help me! As well as a bit of exercise to help with endorphins as well x

Reactions: 7
Fake tan for me definitely, always feel so much better. I'm the same with regards to my nails, can't wait to get them done properly along with my brows :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
For me it's straightened hair and mascara. I'm too lazy for fake tan normally but might give it a go now I've been inspired by previous posters x

I absolutely get how you feel. I was feeling the same recently.

What treatments do you usually have done? Do you normally wear make up? I have found during lock down I have been living in comfies (gym wear, trackies, period pants, wireless bras hahaHa and air drying my hair and not putting any slap on. I have found that once a week I do a full face of slap, I blow dry my hair nicely or style it and out on a nice outfit (even a proper bra haha!!). My hair is so bulky when it air dries but a nice blow dry myself changes it sooooooo much. That one day a week Honestly makes me feel amazing and helps me remember that I’m not a complete woman and scrub up ok!!

For me personally I love having the following treatments;

Definitely having my nails done. I have worn acrylics for years and years. During lock down I have tried to get my natural nails into a better shape but honestly as soon as my nail tech opens I will be going straight there.

During lock down I over plucked my eyebrows toobut mine grow back sooooo quickly and I’m dead happy with the shape! If you can I would honestly put down the tweezers for a couple of weeks (every part!) and then you can tidy up from there.

Also I always feel absolutely amazing with a good fake tan but honestly it’s such a bleeping mission to put on haha!

I used to get my eyelashes done min every two weeks but think I may stop that now due to cost and how much absolute faff they are. I also get lip filler and absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee having a top up so feel you with your need for botox.

TW weight loss - Above all I have really been trying hard to lose weight and have gone from an 18 down to a 16. I’m really going to push to get down to a 14 and that is where I aim to try and maintain. For me losing weight and being able to wear different clothes and feel my body change has been absolutely incredible. My face looks less bloated and I feel so much fitter from exercising. Please, please no one take this to mean if you are bigger you need to lose weight to feel good about yourself... I am just purely talking about myself. I have PCOS so have absolutely had to lose weight to manage my symptoms and honestly it’s done me the world of good. When I fall off the waggon (I have this week) I feel shocking for it!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Definitely fake tan, I feel like a whole new woman and putting a little bit of make up on and straightening my hair - I never put make up on for work as I sacrifice doing it for a bit more time in bed 😂 so, putting a bit of effort in to my appearance really helps. I actually also feel pretty good after exercising!

Reactions: 4
Thank you all for the suggestions! What fake tan do you all use? I’m VERY pale (natural ginge) so I find it hard to get one that looks right on me. I’ve tried st mortiz, didn’t mind it but found it turned my bedsheets green even after I thought I’d washed it all off. Love the colour of the Tanologist mousse but because it’s clear I always miss bits and end up with random white patches!

Help a gal out please 😘

Thank you all for the suggestions! What fake tan do you all use? I’m VERY pale (natural ginge) so I find it hard to get one that looks right on me. I’ve tried st mortiz, didn’t mind it but found it turned my bedsheets green even after I thought I’d washed it all off. Love the colour of the Tanologist mousse but because it’s clear I always miss bits and end up with random white patches!

Help a gal out please 😘
I was never much of a tanner always used to have terrible patches/streaks (tried so many) but it makes me feel loads better!
i use a smaller brand it’s called ‘effin tan’ it is really the best tan I've ever used, applies so well, even on my dry patches/areas it’s the first tan I’m happy to use on my face too! Also it doesn’t smell as bad as other tans, hasn’t got a green tinge and doesn’t get on the sheets!
after this ramble I realise I sound like a spokesperson for the brand but it’s just a really good fake tan 🤣🤣

• Haha

Help a gal out please 😘
I know you mentioned st moriz but that’s what I use. It hasn’t turned my bed sheets green - maybe you had a bad batch? I used to use st tropez before st moriz came out.

I absolutely get how you feel. I was feeling the same recently.

What treatments do you usually have done? Do you normally wear make up? I have found during lock down I have been living in comfies (gym wear, trackies, period pants, wireless bras hahaHa and air drying my hair and not putting any slap on. I have found that once a week I do a full face of slap, I blow dry my hair nicely or style it and out on a nice outfit (even a proper bra haha!!). My hair is so bulky when it air dries but a nice blow dry myself changes it sooooooo much. That one day a week Honestly makes me feel amazing and helps me remember that I’m not a complete woman and scrub up ok!!

For me personally I love having the following treatments;

Definitely having my nails done. I have worn acrylics for years and years. During lock down I have tried to get my natural nails into a better shape but honestly as soon as my nail tech opens I will be going straight there.

During lock down I over plucked my eyebrows toobut mine grow back sooooo quickly and I’m dead happy with the shape! If you can I would honestly put down the tweezers for a couple of weeks (every part!) and then you can tidy up from there.

Also I always feel absolutely amazing with a good fake tan but honestly it’s such a bleeping mission to put on haha!

I used to get my eyelashes done min every two weeks but think I may stop that now due to cost and how much absolute faff they are. I also get lip filler and absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee having a top up so feel you with your need for botox.

TW weight loss - Above all I have really been trying hard to lose weight and have gone from an 18 down to a 16. I’m really going to push to get down to a 14 and that is where I aim to try and maintain. For me losing weight and being able to wear different clothes and feel my body change has been absolutely incredible. My face looks less bloated and I feel so much fitter from exercising. Please, please no one take this to mean if you are bigger you need to lose weight to feel good about yourself... I am just purely talking about myself. I have PCOS so have absolutely had to lose weight to manage my symptoms and honestly it’s done me the world of good. When I fall off the waggon (I have this week) I feel shocking for it!!!
Well done re the weight loss, that’s amazing.

• Heart
Fake tan 100% ! Without it I feel disgusting 😂

I use isle of paradise. They do a light version which could be a good place to start!

Help a gal out please 😘
Hi, I’m also really pale - in fact I look see through. The bondi sands everyday gradual tanning milk is nice. Also the bondi sands foam is good and you can see the colour as it’s going on so that helps massively with regards to missing bits etc.

Botox is my go to for making me feel better.
And a good skin care routine.
I use a mixture of products. Contacted The Ordinary about my skin and they recommended the products and I have to say I’m very impressed with them. I also use the body shop drops of youth peel once a week. Again, works great.
Remember no matter what routine you do and even if you don’t have one, you’re still fabulous.

I think if my hair is nice and my skin isnt dry. I had a fringe put in a couple of years ago to cover up a scar on my forehead the result of domestic violence.
But I really dont like a fringe anymore so I've grown it out to a side one.
But to me I'm so self conscious of having such a Harry Potter scar in the centre of my forehead. People say they cant see it- but I can see it as clear as day. Because of the scar I get dry skin no matter what I try on it.

• Heart
Nice skin care, my skin gets incredibly dry & sore without it & I just feel horrible. I love using the foot spa, seemingly a lot of people dont use theirs.

Fake tan would probably be top of the list for me too but I can't sleep in it 😩

I like to look at my well-groomed face, too:love:. So I use makeup, masks, creams all the time.:)
And I think instead of focusing on what you don't like, focus on what you do. If you often get compliments on your smile or gorgeous teeth, relish in these positive traits. Move beyond just the physical and focus on positive things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with appearance:oops:.

The thing that makes me feel best about my appearance that I've been working on eating healthier foods and as a result some weight is coming off... 18 more pounds and I'll call it a success.

Help a gal out please 😘
I am naturally strawberry blonde - I use the st moritz mousse in dark, but i wear fake tan all the time and like to be dark, if you are a bit iffy about it try the medium. I also have blonde eyelashes so while I havent been able to get my eyelash extensions i hae tinted my own eyelashes, i then curl them which makes a big difference.

I'm so crap at fake tan. It's always patchy.

Yesterday I did a hair treatment then blow dried and straightened my hair. It was all swishy and made me feel human again