What jobs would put you off dating someone

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forces/ex forces. Know loads that just aren’t faithful with no remorse. My ex was ex army and pretty messed up with quite scary reactions to things.

Reactions: 3
Abattoir worker, gamekeeper, hunt worker, in fact anyone where cruelty to animals is involved.

Reactions: 3
Any kind of messy job, like a builder or decorator where they come home caked in crap every day. For no other reason than the extra washing it would require 😂

Otherwise, any job as long as they were happy doing it. My boyfriend changed jobs 2 months ago and he hates the new one but won’t do anything about it. It’s so draining. I’d rather he did literally anything else.

Reactions: 1
Any kind of messy job, like a builder or decorator where they come home caked in crap every day. For no other reason than the extra washing it would require 😂

Otherwise, any job as long as they were happy doing it. My boyfriend changed jobs 2 months ago and he hates the new one but won’t do anything about it. It’s so draining. I’d rather he did literally anything else.
Oooo I'd love it. Save loads of money on home improvements. My big oaf can barely put a curtain rail up. Considering he is a general labourer you'd think he'd be able to but nope.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
- Bartender
- Finance: A relationship can only take one and it’s me.
- Policeman, fireman, teacher etc.
- Butcher, farmer etc.
- Influencer, YouTuber
- Trainer or anyone in the sports industry
- Actor, etc.
- Entrepreneur who basically does nothing all day

I don’t think I would be able to date someone who does not have an “intellectual” profession. It’s no shade against other essential professions, but not for me personally.

I love my alone time, so ideally, I’d like to be with someone who has a lifestyle that would sustain that independence, so I wouldn’t mind being with a doctor, airline pilot, consultant who travels a lot for work etc.

Last edited:
I have a long list 😂
A fellow civil servant (I’m still friends with my ex, who is a senior CS and the last time we met up all we did was moan about work for a couple of hours 😂)
A politician (see above)
An electrician (I used to be engaged to one. Never, ever again)
A footballer (they all love themselves more than anyone else. I wouldn’t be adverse to a rugby player though)
An accountant or lawyer (I speak to many of these in my line of work and about 99.9% of them are arrogant and condescending)
A taxi driver (probably due to the danger element)
Any of the emergency services (see above)
And although I love my husband to bits and wouldn’t change him for the world, I wouldn’t date another postie. I’m not bothered about shift work (I was a nurse for ten years and I’ve worked all the rubbish shifts there was and then some) but the politics and unrest give me a headache. Plus my friends give me grief when stuff doesn’t turn up 😂

Reactions: 2
I have a long list 😂
A fellow civil servant (I’m still friends with my ex, who is a senior CS and the last time we met up all we did was moan about work for a couple of hours 😂)
A politician (see above)
An electrician (I used to be engaged to one. Never, ever again)
A footballer (they all love themselves more than anyone else. I wouldn’t be adverse to a rugby player though)
An accountant or lawyer (I speak to many of these in my line of work and about 99.9% of them are arrogant and condescending)
A taxi driver (probably due to the danger element)
Any of the emergency services (see above)
And although I love my husband to bits and wouldn’t change him for the world, I wouldn’t date another postie. I’m not bothered about shift work (I was a nurse for ten years and I’ve worked all the rubbish shifts there was and then some) but the politics and unrest give me a headache. Plus my friends give me grief when stuff doesn’t turn up 😂
*Joe Westerman has entered the chat*

• Haha