What jobs would put you off dating someone

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought it might be an interesting topic, maybe working long hours or 4 days on in the fire dept etc. What jobs/employers would be a no go or a turn off?

Reactions: 2
Anything that has an associated smell. I don't think I could date a fishmonger or sewer worker. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
From experience, someone who works for their family business

I personally wouldn't like a partner in the forces. I wouldn't like them being away a lot and the worry if they were sent to conflict.

Reactions: 14
Nothing really. If they are working and able to support themselves and I really liked them then any job is good (also as long as they did their job well)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Don't care if my partner is a cleaner, shop worker, manager or a CEO. As long as they are earning is all that matters to me.

I've got friends that will only date people with 'decent' jobs. One of my friends said this is because her mum won't be happy if he hasn't got a good job and also so he can buy things for her 🤬. She has been single for a while!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Don't care if my partner is a cleaner, shop worker, manager or a CEO. As long as they are earning is all that matters to me.

I've got friends that will only date people with 'decent' jobs. One of my friends said this is because her mum won't be happy if he hasn't got a good job and also so he can buy things for her 🤬. She has been single for a while!
That's awful! I can't believe people are so shallow.

I know I said I wouldn't date a bin man, but that's only cos of the smell, in reality, if he was a great person I'd get over that :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I wouldn't really care what they did aslong as they had a job and weren't lying about the house all day being a freeloader, collecting benefits because they were too lazy to work. In my late teens I went out with a guy who was a few years older, no job, literally loved the fact the government paid him to play xbox and smoke weed with his mates, I honestly don't know what I saw in him. He is mid thirties now, and still exactly the same as he was all them years ago.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I second the forces, and I wouldn't date a cop. Doubt I'd date a Youtuber either, the whole concept of influencers has successfully made me sick to my stomach lol.

Reactions: 17
Someone in telesales trying to sell dodgy products like life insurance or timeshares
An accountant, lawyer or auditor (without fail, every one of those I've ever met is an asshole)
A professional sportsman
A personal trainer or bodybuilder

Reactions: 9
Anything that they don’t enjoy. I’m lucky enough to have a job that’s based around my passions and sounds very fun and glamorous to anyone not in the know (it is, but it’s also bloody hard work, long unsociable hours, and a lot of pressure). My ex worked in his family business on great money, but absolutely hated it. It just brings you down having to be around, and constantly have to encourage and commiserate with someone that’s completely miserable with a huge part of their life and won’t do anything to change it.

Reactions: 2
Anything where they put their life at risk - armed forces, recovery diver (dunno why that came into my head!), parachute instructor.
Also I would be put off dating someone who does shift work. My job is standard 9-5, Mon-Fri so I say this purely because if they worked opposite hours to me I would never see them!

Oh any anyone famous. I would hate to be put under the spotlight and gossiped about!

• Haha
Reactions: 4