Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hrh89

VIP Member
I think people find what works for them! Be it 2 products or twenty, Each to their own. 🙂

I’m somewhere in the middle, I probably use more than most people do 😆 but I know what works for me after years of playing around with products.

controversial. I hate the ordinary 😐
The problem with the ordinary is it’s so cheap people just buy everything without really knowing what works together and what doesn’t.
Not specifically talking about this thread but I see so many young girls using acids and retinols and they don’t need it!! I feel for their skin.

I do a skin consultation with Kiehls every year and my skin has (thankfully) always been very good! I try to stick with what works. I know too many people who add different moisturisers every other month. It’s like if they don’t see a change after a week it’s not working! That’s where influencers are dangerous in promoting gifted products every other week
very true. Products do take time! Slapping on new ones every week you’re never going to find out what actually works for your skin!

Reactions: 3

laughing

VIP Member
My mum has awful wrinkles, I have better skin at the same age, not sure why.

I think less is more sometimes.

Water, water, water and more water

MissRabbit

Love this thread.

I use Lacura (Aldi) pink clay hot cloth cleanser, followed by Beauty Pie Super Healthy Skin Daily Moisturiser morning and evening and QI Energy eye cream. I also use The Body Shop Drops of Youth Liquid Peel once or twice a week, as well as Lacura pink clay face mask once a week. I use Beauty Pie Featherlight SPF 50 too as I have fair skin.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The problem with the ordinary is it’s so cheap people just buy everything without really knowing what works together and what doesn’t.
Not specifically talking about this thread but I see so many young girls using acids and retinols and they don’t need it!! I feel for their skin.
Now that I do agree with!!
I do think people need to research what specific acids do, how to use them correctly and which should be left on the skin or removed, I like salicylic acid but I can only use it in a wash. I was using a BHA gel which didn’t work well with my skin.
I felt the same about nicinimide (I can’t spell that 😂)

I’m adding Suducreme to the list of Satan’s products 😐

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
This is what I’m afraid of to be honest. I don’t want to be putting layers and layers on. I’m thinking I won’t really know which of the products is really helping if I use loads.

I’ve tried neutrogena before and it’s the only thing that really didn’t work for me. I used a few of the hydroboot products and it didn’t the exact opposite to me! My skin was like sandpaper and so sore.

Ive also tried some of the body shop oils. Drops of youth and oils of life. Both nice not something I’d buy consistently. I have a friend who does body shop parties so I’ll buy from her when things are on offer.
Keep it simple ; cleanse, treat, moisturise.

I’ve been a sucker for skincare in the past and spent a lot of money but I’m now at a stage where I’m happy with Cerave and Aldi Lacura cleansers and moisturisers then spend additional money on serums .

I forgot to mention Elizabeth Arden ceramide serum capsules which are terrific but a bit pricey for me atm, really lovely though and I’ll buy them again when I’ve got the money. I like Dr Jart too , very nice texture and not hugely expensive.

• Heart

hrh89

VIP Member
If any of you struggle with spots/acne like I STILL do!! When will this end 🤣 I would highly recommend using an oil cleanser to remove your foundation. It’s helped my skin a lot and I don’t get many breakouts anymore. The oil breaks down your make up and removes it way more thoroughly than micellar water. My favourite is the Simple oil cleanser. It’s cheap too. You literally rub it into your make up then add water to emulsify.

CarrieW24

Chatty Member
My mum has awful wrinkles, I have better skin at the same age, not sure why.

I think less is more sometimes.

Water, water, water and more water
Definitely. Genes and adequate hydration are the two biggest influences on how your face ages, in my opinion. Everything else is secondary.

How do you find your skin after using Hyaluronic acid? I’ve been recommended it in a few online skin regime surveys I’ve done. I’ve read good and bad things about it.

Ive been watching some skincare with Hyram videos today (love him!) and he recommends
Cleanser
Treatment (serum)
Moisturizer
SPF (for AM)
for am and pm routines.
Quite refreshing after watching a lot of skincare accounts recommending umpteen products. Apparently Alanis morrissette recently shared a video of her 18 step skin care routine!! 😱

You must have good genes 🤣

I honestly think a lot of skin problems are down to genetics. My dad had acne, so did I. Under eye bags run in my mums family I also have them. I can see any type of wrinkle I have is exactly where my mum has the most wrinkles.
I've only been using it for less than a year, I had a spot I wanted to fade but then loved how hydrated my skin looked and felt so kept using it.

What bad have you read? I'll research it a bit more to see the negatives, but I've only experienced positives so far.

Yes, a lot is down to genetics. Neither of my parents have acne. My biological siblings and I also don't have acne. I'm very grateful not to deal with that because it seems like the choices are bad skin or medication with side effects 😣

In general I try not to use too many products, especially those with a long list of inpronouncable ingredients. I'm the same with my food, the cleaner the better. If it sounds like a chemical, I'm not eating it. I don't take pain killers, I sleep it off, unless I'm facing dire pain (root canal, labour).

I get my health craze from my mom, and people often think she's my sister so she must be doing something right, or I look as old as fuck 😆

• Haha

Bluefox

Chatty Member
I've been using Tropic for around 4 years now. For full disclosure I'm an ambassador but don't worry not about to link you to my shop! 😉

AM
Cleanse
Tone
Pure lagoon serum
Moisturise

PM
Double cleanse
Tone
Night moisturiser
Elixir (twice a week)

Face scrub twice a week, mask once a week.
I really enjoy my skin care routine - is that sad? I don't know. I never really bothered before Tropic but have enjoyed learning about skincare and what helps what.

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
I’m ashamed to say that I used to be a Stacey Solomon and would sleep in my make up 😱 Then baby wipe my face next morning! Now I’m....

AM:-

- cleanse (liz Earle eucalyptus)
- tone (Elemis lavender)
- azeliac acid (The ordinary, doings wonders for my redness!)
- moisturise (either bodyshop vitamin C or Elemis marine)

PM:-

- micellar water (whichever was on offer)
- cleanse (Elemis pro collagen balm)
- tone (Elemis lavender)
- moisturiser (currently using a boots own, love it)

Sometimes switch my moisturisers (am and pm) for bybi oils. The pink, yellow and purple are my favourites.

• Haha

slugella

VIP Member
I use Cerave hydrating cleanser, Cerave eye cream, acnecide cream if I'm having a bad break out, and Clinique suncream spf 40.

Same cleanser in the evening and a treatment from Dermatica. They prescribed me Niacinamide, Adapalene and Clindamycin and it comes as one cream and has definitely helped my break outs and congestion! It's £20ish a month but I've edited my subscription to come every 2 months as that's how long it lasts me, so £10 a month :)

Reactions: 2

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
My mum who is a soap n water devotee (and has nice skin!) always says “ooh watch you’re not doing too much” when i talk about skincare - and I have a fairly minimal routine! I do get what she means though, I’ve been fortunate to have good skin and only now kicking 40 am I having to concentrate on what to use, so don’t want to overload with products that might make my skin ‘lazy’ or strip it of oils.

I use any mid price cleanser (ordinary, aldi hot cloth, fave is neutrogena hydro boost) with a hot cloth and do it twice.
I use a cheapy serum (Olay if on offer, aldi, or drops of youth if I’m feeling extravagant).
Then use a day or night cream again not with any brand loyalty - mostly aldi or whatever nivea type thing is on offer.
Also use Neutrogena eye cream which I feel is a good enough dupe of Clinique all about eyes, and a no 7 facial oil if my skin feels parched (usually when hungover).

Tiredness is my nemesis and no product is going to help if I’m knackered. I do however remove all make up before bed even if v drunk, and stick religiously to my routine.

Shestheman22

A couple of years ago I heard about the Korean skincare routine so I ordered loads of stuff to try and have followed it ever since. I’ve always had terrible skin, I don’t really tend to get huge whiteheads any more but I’m full of blackheads and little pimples under my skin. I get the odd painful lump as well that turns to scab because I don’t leave them alone! It’s so oily it’s disgusting but recently I’ve also been really dry round the bottom half of my face, all I want in life is nice smooth clear skin 😔

In the morning I don’t actually use anything, I heard that using too much strips your skin of it’s natural oils so you should just use water to wipe your face.

At night I do the following:
Oil cleanser to remove makeup - Clean it Zero is good
Cosrx morning gel cleanser
Cosrx blackhead power liquid as an exfoliator - not every day as it’s too strong
Cosrx snail mucin essence
Iunik tea tree relief serum
Nature republic aloe gel moisturiser
I used to use the Mizon snail eye cream but lately I’ve been using the body shop bouncy eye mask.
I also use the mediheal tea tree sheet masks, they’re the best I’ve used and they really soothe my skin and help to clear up any pimples and redness whilst keeping it moisturised

A few months after I started following this routine, my skin really cleared up and was really soft and smooth for once. Not sure what happened but lately it’s horrendous! It makes me so self conscious.

• Sad

Dancing Dave

VIP Member
I'm thinking of switching to the Kiehls avocado eye cream! My friend has started using it and I think I'll get better results with it.

KateToTheParty

So every single day

Am
Just water
Hada labo esssence
Cosx snail 96 mucin
The ordinary caffeine under eye
Hada labo anti aging day cream
La Roche posey anthelios xl SPF 50

Night
Oil cleanse for make up
Cerave hydrating cleanser
Hada labo esssence
Cosx snail 96 mucin
The ordinary Niacinamide 10% and zinc
(4 times a week I add in Tretinion 0.1% gel)
Cereve SA Smoothing cream

So sometimes depending I will take some stuff out and use instead
La Roche posey lipikar
La Roche posey cicaplast
The ordinary buffet - barely used this
The ordinary Glycolic acid toner - haven’t used this since last year
The ordinary squalene
Epaderm
Or Vaseline over moisturiser

depending what my skin on needing at the time....
Tret can sometimes dry me out. I don’t have spots but tretinoin has been the best thing I’ve ever used on my skin, I’m 35 and it’s reduced all my fine lines, evened out all my skin, I stopped having to wear foundation - it’s miracle stuff!

Last edited:

Enpen45

A couple of years ago I heard about the Korean skincare routine so I ordered loads of stuff to try and have followed it ever since. I’ve always had terrible skin, I don’t really tend to get huge whiteheads any more but I’m full of blackheads and little pimples under my skin. I get the odd painful lump as well that turns to scab because I don’t leave them alone! It’s so oily it’s disgusting but recently I’ve also been really dry round the bottom half of my face, all I want in life is nice smooth clear skin 😔

In the morning I don’t actually use anything, I heard that using too much strips your skin of it’s natural oils so you should just use water to wipe your face.

At night I do the following:
Oil cleanser to remove makeup - Clean it Zero is good
Cosrx morning gel cleanser
Cosrx blackhead power liquid as an exfoliator - not every day as it’s too strong
Cosrx snail mucin essence
Iunik tea tree relief serum
Nature republic aloe gel moisturiser
I used to use the Mizon snail eye cream but lately I’ve been using the body shop bouncy eye mask.
I also use the mediheal tea tree sheet masks, they’re the best I’ve used and they really soothe my skin and help to clear up any pimples and redness whilst keeping it moisturised

A few months after I started following this routine, my skin really cleared up and was really soft and smooth for once. Not sure what happened but lately it’s horrendous! It makes me so self conscious.
When you said about not using anything in the morning made me think of something Caroline Hirons (I know not everyone’s a fan, I like her blog but not her videos) was showing this week that’s in her summer kit. It’s a glove you can use with just water that has the same effect as using a cleanser with out using one. I’ve had cloths before that claim to clean the face without using soaps and apparently after me googling earlier there’s loads of them available! I might get another one!

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
Ohh I love this...

Morning:

Splash with cold water
Apply essence. Anything fermented yeast type thing (SKII, Missha, Neogen)
Mix together a couple of drops of original Hadalabo HA with the Ordinary buffet and Vitamin C powder.
The Ordinary Caffeine eye thing.
Moisturiser (whatever I have)
Sometimes mixed with a few drops of oil.
Heliocare tinted SPF 50 (this works as my base)

Night's

Hot flannel cleanse with an oil. At the mo' its DHC.
Essence again.
Serums again (minus vitamin c)
Caffeine eye stuff
Weleda Skin Food mixed with facial oil for slip.

I use sheet masks, clay masks and the ordinary BHA peel as needed (maybe once each in a fortnight) and retinol in winter. Damn, written down i seem high maintenance. 💋. It all takes around 5 mins in the morning and 15 at night.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve been looking at the Ordinary nicinamide and think it would suit me. I have some pigmentation and enlarged pores. Can you mix it with a Moisturiser or serum do you know?
Yes I think you can mix it with a moisturiser but never tried tbh. Vit C serum is good for brightening skin so maybe worth a go! Pore size are inherited but try salicylic acid for them, especially if you’re oily too. And use Spf everyday to prevent further pigmentation 🙂

• Heart
Can I have some advice please. I want to have a skin care routine but I don’t know where to start. I’m 24 and I’ve got a bit of acne. I used to take my make up off with make up wipes but after pregnancy I just remove it with baby wipes!
Where do I start ladies? I think the general census I’ve picked up here the basic things to use are a cleanser, moisturiser and under eye serums.