Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
With it being banded about this weekend, I’ve been thinking about what it is.
aside from the different ways I’ve heard of it being said, everyone seems to have different meaning for it.
I’ve attached the Cambridge dictionaries version for comparison.

Also, apologies how badly written that post is. I’m knackered and it’s making me even more illiterate

Attachments

Reactions: 1

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Probably a bit of both. Perhaps if small businesses and the like and looking to collaborate #kindlygiftedthings then it might put them off engaging if they think that person is linked to anything controversial.
Agreed. Feels like there’s 1. what’s being said here 2. the fact it’s “googleable”. Easily conflated. I think the vast majority of people here wouldn’t care if it wasn’t so searchable/visible, they just want to share their views without trolling.

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
Agreed. Feels like there’s 1. what’s being said here 2. the fact it’s “googleable”. Easily conflated. I think the vast majority of people here wouldn’t care if it wasn’t so searchable/visible, they just want to share their views without trolling.
Agree. I come on here not really thinking about if anyone sees it. More to have a chat about stuff people IRL don’t have an interest in.
I think people don’t like that they can’t curate what’s said here. So whilst their online persona is calculated to an inch, the don’t want brands seeing the other side.

FridaK

VIP Member
I think it depends on the Influencer. For instance there are many that don’t court controversy to further their accounts that get gossiped about here. That may understandably feel like they are being attacked. Though there are some, one or two in particular who use what’s said on this website as content. Why they do that is beyond me. They have turned ‘trolling’ into their USP and actively behave passive aggressively. It’s hard to defend when your aware of their hypocrisy and real life behaviour that their ‘fans’ haven’t seen. Then you find yourself here in frustration more than anything

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Agree. I come on here not really thinking about if anyone sees it. More to have a chat about stuff people IRL don’t have an interest in.
I think people don’t like that they can’t curate what’s said here. So whilst their online persona is calculated to an inch, the don’t want brands seeing the other side.
Yes.

And, while it’s not my personal view at all, I can see how an influencer might think that if you google their name and the first bunch of results is a load of threads talking trash about them, that could be considered a sort of trolling. A trolling of their brand, perhaps?

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
I’ve had trolling

i was told I’m fat,ugly,my kids should have ’been swallowed’and ‘sort your fucking teeth out’ (nothing wrong with them)

also told I’m thick cos I don’t drive (neither did she) I should wear make up (I do) then told I shouldn’t cos ‘nothing will cover up your uglyness’

this went on for over two years-I’d block-she’d make up another account-and get her mates to do the same

endless phone calls and emails 24/7-I’d change my number/email-somehow she’d find them out-I blocked the number-shed use another one

my address/phone numbers/workplace/kids schools where put up online

i lived in fear of something happening and ended up on tablets for my mental health

much much more-the police where useless due to this person playing on a little girl act and playing on her disability (which is a very ‘low’ disability-as in she could work but chooses not to)

that’s not fine

ive also had a difference of opinion with people which isn’t trolling-it’s people having a different point of view to me

thats fine-it’s what makes the world go round

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
Yes.

And, while it’s not my personal view at all, I can see how an influencer might think that if you google their name and the first bunch of results is a load of threads talking trash about them, that could be considered a sort of trolling. A trolling of their brand, perhaps?
I can see that. So that makes tattle the help of influencers. Basically a review site.
It must be tricky when you are your brand. In brand Beckham there is some distance between when we see and what’s real.Influencers are practically posting their bowl schedules, so criticism must feel harsh as there isn’t that distance of it being the persona being criticised.

fireflies

VIP Member
The problem with some of these so called influencers is they cannot tell the difference between a troll and someone having a different opinion to them. If you disagree then your comment gets deleted 🤷‍♀️
Very recently a certain influencer whom is well known received a nasty message about her child's appearance. Rather than deleting the comment she decided it would be fun to show her 3m + followers the message and her name, they started having a go at this person and sending death threats.. It had since been reported although not confirmed that this lady has since been sufffering with her mental health and is receiving treatment. Alot of these influencers who are represented by a management team are not very well managed or just plain stupid.

Some of these influencers makes so many posts and include their family constantly as they can make more money and get gifted free items off the back of them by including their children on the gram. Yes you are going to get jealous people, but for people who comment about someone's appearance thats a no no for me.

Today another influencer made a post about how sad she was feeling regarding Caroline Flack and in the same post she was doing an AD for a household product.
Which one?

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
I feel that intentionally messaging someone with a nasty personal comment is trolling so I might say on here that someone's outfit is ugly but wouldn't directly message them. I try and be mindful when writing on here not to be too personal about something someone can't change ( sometimes I fail at this lol) I have read comments on here that I feel are uncalled for but really its not up to me to decide where the line is for people.