What have you done today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woke up at 8
Had coffee in bed
Kids piled onto the bed
Switched TV on and had some bonding time
Electricity went off

Electricity still off.
Old provider at fault, they won't help. New provider trying to help

Still getting nowhere.

McDonald's for lunch
Kids playing lego

The Mr is sorting out the 'cupboard of doom'

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You can tell it has been a long time since I was in the office - I walked past my boss on the street and he had to shout "Anderbeau! Anderbeau!" before I even recognised him :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Didn't get round to updating yesterday, don't know why as I had all the time in the world. Probably because my day wasn't very exciting but here you go

• Had a lazy morning again
  • Read - almost finished 2 books over the weekend
  • Had a bagel with nutella for lunch
  • Watched some more Scott and Bailey again - I love British drama/cop type shows though they make me feel slightly homesick at times
  • Finished the first season of Ted Lasso - didn't fancy it at all but absolutely loved it
  • Had takeaway pizza for dinner
  • We're both feeling absolutely fine so hoping we're good 🤞

• Heart
I’ve had a really nice morning with my cousin and her kids 😀
we took them to a play area and they played whilst we caught up, was so nice to see her.
her 5 year old decided to shout “cows get milk from their tits” 😅 she meant “teats” 🤷🏽‍♀️
we then went to McDonald’s and I resisted ordering anything but my good work has been undone as I’ve just scoffed a share bag of maltesters
now chilling out enjoying the rest of my day off work 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Uneventful work day. Woke up early, had breakfast and watched some Scrubs, packed my lunch and water and went to the office. The weather wasn't terrible today, only got hot in the afternoon but work was super quiet so I don't feel as fried as I have in the past weeks. Left an hour early too, came home, took a shower, hung up the washing and put away the clean dishes, took out the trash and had an early dinner. I am officially chore free for the rest of my evening 🙏 Planning to catch up with my neglected skin care and hopefully that's all I'll have to do today. I have to return some clothes this week at some point but I'm not in a rush. Have a good week everyone, only 4 days until the weekend :poop:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We were let out of work early, as one job had finished and they hadn't yet got the stock in for the next. I used the extra time to go on a shopping spree for waterproof and ultra-cold-weather clothes. Searching for the Northern Lights in Iceland now seems so much closer!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Still a bit down but feeling a lot more stable than yesterday - thanks for all your kind words ❤

Had a good couple of cries yesterday and one today (and I'm not normally a crier but I must have needed it) - I think my appointment last week just reopened some old wounds but I spoke to my mum this morning and she helped me realise that they'll close again eventually.

Managed to get a bit more work done, ran into my boss at lunch (I'm still laughing at his poor face), went to the pharmacy and now I have a chip-shop tea. My colouring supplies came and... I'm absolutely hooked. I'm also not anywhere near as bad as I thought I'd be so the rest of the evening will be colouring and YouTube. Going to try and get some cleaning done tomorrow but for tonight I'm just enjoying being settled.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
- Haven't found out what the police drama in the cul de sac was yet. It's probably the lady who writes on cars and steals garden lights. She's special needs and since her husband died last april she's been doing this stuff and denying. Her neighbour got a ring doorbell to catch her but I find the neighbour can be quite intimidating to the lady when confronting, I've had to difuse the situation twice
- Unravelled all of my latest loom knit and got so tangled up and frustrated i ended up taking scissors to it. Started the knit again so fingers crossed it comes out better
- Thought I had my niece and nephew today so been waiting for them to be dropped off before realising it's actually tomorrow 🤦‍♀️
- I keep putting off making a doctors appointment because I'm scared that they'll just think I'm being silly (I feel silly)
- Going to have a salad for dinner and then find something to watch on Netflix

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve been sick all day 😢 Woke up feeling nauseous but wrote it off as a hangover. Could not keep anything down and had such terrible fatigue and headaches that I had to cancel my plans and stay in bed. It must be some sort of a bug, I think.

I’m really tired so I will catch up with the thread a bit later.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My pets suck. Helios keeps attacking hades in the night (who sleeps on my bed) so that sounds like a stampede going through my room at around 2 am everyday 🙄
I’ve taken to popping to my grandmothers every morning for coffee, when actually I just nap and it’s nice and peaceful 😂
Today I have been sorting through my old bedroom that I’m moving back into, hopefully I’ll be building my new bed tomoz. Hoover packed up today so that’s swell.. god I’m falling asleep even writing about my day 😂 hope everyone is good ❤

• Heart
On the way home. A good day but a long day. Managed a bit of shopping and lunch in Goucho 😊
No snot sniffers on the train home thank goodness. I’ve just had a cookie and a Diet Coke. #livingthedream

• Heart
Today has been boring and there’s not much to report. Did have to do my own ‘skills matrix’ at work though to say if I thought that I was a beginner, medium, or ‘super user’ on everything. It actually annoyed me cos surely management should do that 😅
I’m also waiting on a delivery of two jumpsuits this evening and they better look good cos I’m sick to death of having duck all to wear.
Oh and I’m having jacket potato for dinner. When I lived at home we used to call it ‘JP Monday’s’ I try and re create it at my house now but nobody I live with gives a tit 🙃🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.