What Foundation/Base Product Do You Use?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ordinary foundation (the ‘heavier’ one of the two) is great. Looks and feels like skin and not heavy at all so on good skin days it works a treat in brightening and evening my skin tone 😍

I genuinely prefer the Primark Double Wear dupe! Since discovering it in March I have always chose that over my DW and studio fix! Even on special occasions. Its amazing!

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have experience of using Bobbi Brown foundation, ELDW and Charlotte Tillbury foundation? I have BB though find the mixture a little thick for my liking (I usually mix it up with a little illuminating balm to help the consistency) but looking for another option. Are the others the same or different?

Does anyone have experience of using Bobbi Brown foundation, ELDW and Charlotte Tillbury foundation? I have BB though find the mixture a little thick for my liking (I usually mix it up with a little illuminating balm to help the consistency) but looking for another option. Are the others the same or different?
I’ve only used Bobbi Brown I’m afraid, but I know what you mean about the thickness - lovely finish but very full coverage. Currently using YSL which is a bit lighter - still enough coverage and build able if you need.

L'Oréal true match. I like that its lightweight but still good coverage. I dont wear foundation everyday though, usually just tinted moisturiser

What about mascara? Max factor masterpiece I like but goes dry so quickly. I like double wear but almost preferred a Rimmel matte one that’s now been discontinued sadly.

What about mascara? Max factor masterpiece I like but goes dry so quickly. I like double wear but almost preferred a Rimmel matte one that’s now been discontinued sadly.
I use Max Factor False Lash Effect and wouldn't change. I have long lashes that take a nice amount of mascara without looking clumpy to spidery, but the curl doesn't hold with anything else. It's £5 on Amazon and doesn't go dry, but I do place it between my thighs as I do the rest of my make up so maybe the heat helps?

I’ve only used Bobbi Brown I’m afraid, but I know what you mean about the thickness - lovely finish but very full coverage. Currently using YSL which is a bit lighter - still enough coverage and build able if you need.
Oh which YSL - the touche eclat one? I've heard good things about that.

I use Max Factor False Lash Effect and wouldn't change. I have long lashes that take a nice amount of mascara without looking clumpy to spidery, but the curl doesn't hold with anything else. It's £5 on Amazon and doesn't go dry, but I do place it between my thighs as I do the rest of my make up so maybe the heat helps?

Yes the touché eclat - I use their primer too which has shiny bits in, I don’t know if the shiny bits do anything but it does make my face feel glowy!

• Heart
Yes the touché eclat - I use their primer too which has shiny bits in, I don’t know if the shiny bits do anything but it does make my face feel glowy!
Oo sounds good. I may have to look into it. Hopefully they have a shade matcher on their website.

Oo sounds good. I may have to look into it. Hopefully they have a shade matcher on their website.
They have, but also (if you’re UK based) Boots sell it online and if you buy it and it’s not the right shade you can send it back :) (might want to double check that as I don’t know if it was just a temporary policy though!)

I’ve used all three and would say BB is the lightest of the three! I love the CT newest one but it oxidises so quickly for me :( ELDW is my fave.

I’ve used all three and would say BB is the lightest of the three! I love the CT newest one but it oxidises so quickly for me :( ELDW is my fave.
Oh really... Darn. I may have to try and get some samples.

They have, but also (if you’re UK based) Boots sell it online and if you buy it and it’s not the right shade you can send it back :) (might want to double check that as I don’t know if it was just a temporary policy though!)
I am UK based. I'm just on the matcher but I fall between ivory and fair depending on the manufacturer, so I'm either 20 or 25 🤷🏻‍♀️

Make up is such a difficult and expensive game

Oh really... Darn. I may have to try and get some samples.
There’s a ‘double wear lighter’ version that might be okay? Also for CT the flawless finish is really thick, like DW level thick. But the magic foundation I find quite light.

Reactions: 2
I use Estee Lauder's Double Wear as well. I get quite an oily t-zone and it stays in place. I use the shade Shell which is perfect for me too as I am quite fair and find most foundations too orange, pinky or yellowy.

I'm tempted by the fenty foundation, unsure on the shade I would need though.
Every time I've had a fenty foundation I've been colour matched wrong. I find all the ones I've had have been really yellow toned

Try findation.com

Every time I've had a fenty foundation I've been colour matched wrong. I find all the ones I've had have been really yellow toned

Try findation.com
I found that website but couldn't see a match for all of them. I think it was YSL that was missing.

Max factor false lash is my holy grail too! I use the waterproof one because my eyelashes are straight and I curl them. The regular forumla doesn’t hold the curl but the waterproof does! I get mine off ebay for like £4. Will never buy different

Also if anyone’s after a good full coverage powder, L’Oréal Infallible is the best!

Reactions: 2
I used to use DW every day but found it clogged my skin and gave me acne cause it was so thick :(

• Sad
I had the CT magic foundation it was ok but went a bit shiny on me after a few hours.