Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaryX82

VIP Member
Pretty much as the title suggests. Some background, I live abroad and until now I’ve always ordered my clothes from the U.K. (Topshop, Oasis, R.I) but due to Brexit I need to start buying in my own country. But I’m in such a fashion rut and I literally just wear jeans and a top, until summer and then a tea dress.
My question, what are you wearing in this kind of weather instead of just jeans?
FYI, I’m a size 8, early 30s. I love paper bag trousers but I’m not sure I feel “cool enough” to pull them off.
What is the weather in Belgium like right now?

Ohchristmastree

When I lived in Spain I got a lot of clothes from h&m and Zara. I’m similar age and same size. I’m a Jean hater. I tend to wear dresses/skirts with tights & boots in winter. Then I have some nice culotte style trousers from Zara in a few neutral colours (which go with everything) and can be dressed up or down. I also love a jumpsuit 😄
I love Zara but again I never feel cool enough to wear their clothes, maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get on with it 😂

LucilleBluth

This is such good inspo to wear dresses / skirts and tights! I just wear jeans and a jumper all the time now and am so sick of it. Pre Covid I wore skirts to work all the time - sounds silly but it never occurred to me to wear them in the house, which is mad! Thank you all xx

ETA another pancake ass over here 🙋‍♀️😂

Dipdab

VIP Member
When I lived in Spain I got a lot of clothes from h&m and Zara. I’m similar age and same size. I’m a Jean hater. I tend to wear dresses/skirts with tights & boots in winter. Then I have some nice culotte style trousers from Zara in a few neutral colours (which go with everything) and can be dressed up or down. I also love a jumpsuit 😄

Blueducks101

I think ASOS would be a good bet for you because they stock all the usuals like river island ect and they have such a huge range of brands you can browse it all in the one place and get some ideas too. I’m in Ireland and having no problems with ASOS due to brexit because they ship from a warehouse in the EU. The Netherlands I think my last parcel came from! Hope that helps ☺

MaryX82

VIP Member
Oh thanks for the tip, never even thought about Mango...gonna have a look online now...

Haha it’s 18 degrees, gorgeous sunshine and I wore a dress for the first time today...this time last week I couldn’t get the car out of the drive because it was deep under snow. (When I say gorgeous sunshine I mean it was....it’s 8.30pm now 😂)

Where do you go for jumper dresses? I love the style but never really find any I love.
Congrats on the good weather.If you want a fab dress Joanie Clothing for cute tops,and they delivery to Europe.

Ohchristmastree

During the last year I have come to the realisation that I hate jeans. They’re uncomfortable to wear and don’t particularly suit my figure - they make my bum look even flatter than it is (not blessed in that dept 😂) and enhance the look of my ‘gunt’ (sadly blessed there, wish I could move it to the back!)

I call them ‘leg prisons’ now!

As a substitute I’ve been wearing:

- Plain or patterned trousers either with elasticated waists, or at least 5% elastane in the material
- Leggings or tights with dresses/long tops
- Midi skirts with simple tops/T-shirts/jumpers and causal shoes or boots

Hope this helps a little! Jeans can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned 🗑
This is a huge help, I just need inspiration! I think midi skirts with a plain top may well be the way to go, can’t hurt to get a bit of air to my legs either 😂

Ohchristmastree

I think ASOS would be a good bet for you because they stock all the usuals like river island ect and they have such a huge range of brands you can browse it all in the one place and get some ideas too. I’m in Ireland and having no problems with ASOS due to brexit because they ship from a warehouse in the EU. The Netherlands I think my last parcel came from! Hope that helps ☺
Oh thank you for the tip, I didn’t even think of ASOS, of course 🙌🏻 Now this could be dangerous 😂