Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I mean at the moment I dont wear anything other than lounge wear or work out leggings.

Whatever fits me will be the answer after lockdown 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

HankMcPrank

VIP Member
Joggers or leggings.
I only wear jeans when I go out. Majority of the time I’m staying in and to be honest for our family staying in is the new thing. This is our new normal for the foreseeable even with everything back To normal. x

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Melier

VIP Member
Pretty much as the title suggests. Some background, I live abroad and until now I’ve always ordered my clothes from the U.K. (Topshop, Oasis, R.I) but due to Brexit I need to start buying in my own country. But I’m in such a fashion rut and I literally just wear jeans and a top, until summer and then a tea dress.
My question, what are you wearing in this kind of weather instead of just jeans?
FYI, I’m a size 8, early 30s. I love paper bag trousers but I’m not sure I feel “cool enough” to pull them off.
I wear a lot of dresses with tights in winter! I find them far comfier than jeans! Love the midi skirt suggestion too

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Ohchristmastree

I mean at the moment I dont wear anything other than lounge wear or work out leggings.

Whatever fits me will be the answer after lockdown 🤦‍♀️
Seriously me too! I’m getting so used to not wearing makeup in the days when i don’t have meetings and I’m just home that I feel like I’m in drag when I put it back on 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I always wear winter/autumn dresses (so just dresses that are a bit thicker really) and then some thick tights and boots. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Ohchristmastree

I’ve since bought some midi dresses and worn them with a chunky cardigan over the top or a denim jacket when going out. Feels so nice to not be relying on jeans.

Secretadmirer

VIP Member
I hardly wear jeans anymore, only if I was going out now. After years of finding them uncomfortable I’ve just given up on them. I wear a lot of long jumpers/tops with leggings or jumper dresses with thick tights in winter or joggers and sweatshirts/jumpers. In the summer I’ll do similar but just without the tights!

• Heart

Jam-sandwich

Chatty Member
During the last year I have come to the realisation that I hate jeans. They’re uncomfortable to wear and don’t particularly suit my figure - they make my bum look even flatter than it is (not blessed in that dept 😂) and enhance the look of my ‘gunt’ (sadly blessed there, wish I could move it to the back!)

I call them ‘leg prisons’ now!

As a substitute I’ve been wearing:

- Plain or patterned trousers either with elasticated waists, or at least 5% elastane in the material
- Leggings or tights with dresses/long tops
- Midi skirts with simple tops/T-shirts/jumpers and causal shoes or boots

Hope this helps a little! Jeans can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned 🗑

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I never, ever wear jeans.. I live in dresses/skirts and tights... I feel really self conscious in jeans. Would love to wear jeans though and feel nice in them. Just I always feel like a flump. haha

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Those of you who do wear jeans, where do you get your skinnies from? I recently bought some contour jeans from Tesco which so far I'm really loving but I wondered if there was any others you could recommend?
I like Next ones which have no zip and are high waisted. I suppose a bit thinner than normal jeans, maybe more like a jegging, but very comfy.

I wish I was cool enough to wear skirts around the house. I like midi skirts for work, but I feel like I look an idiot wearing them normally 🙈i have no idea why!

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I tend to wear dresses with tights and boots. Some of my summer dresses I can get away with in winter with tights and boots if I stick a chunky cardigan over the top.
I'll sometimes wear leggings, but only if I'm wearing a long top that covers my bum.
Like somebody else suggested I also love a midi skirt/dress with tights and boots.

Am49704

I’m in the exact same situation as you, over winter I was wearing dresses with tights but it’s starting to get slightly warmer over here now and I’m looking for something other than jeans and tops as that’s all I wear when I go out, I have a few maxi skirts that I’ve started wearing with a denim jacket/ trainers/plain tshirt. Think I need to take a shopping trip next week to get some new ideas!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Absolutely....I alternate between two pairs of shoes, I wear either a plain white pair of converse or these new Veja trainers I just bought. I try to make sure my dress has an element of white in it, so it matches a bit but I think a white trainer is a really good fit (I may be so wrong) 😂View attachment 492436View attachment 492437

I think this is a great look....
View attachment 492443
Thank you! Love that outfit in the last pic! I have some white converse so will have to give that a go (when I’m not 35 weeks pregnant 🤣- I’m hoping to update my wardrobe for the summer!)

• Heart

Ohchristmastree

Those of you who do wear jeans, where do you get your skinnies from? I recently bought some contour jeans from Tesco which so far I'm really loving but I wondered if there was any others you could recommend?
I get mine from Next, I really like them and they’re long lasting too. Also not expensive.

• Heart

Ohchristmastree

Thank you! Love that outfit in the last pic! I have some white converse so will have to give that a go (when I’m not 35 weeks pregnant 🤣- I’m hoping to update my wardrobe for the summer!)
Oooh congratulations! I usually put my white converse in the wash because they get filthy so quick and then clean the rubber on them with jif/cif and then I used to wear with a dress from Oasis. But I find the quality isn’t great since their financial issues last year so I can definitely recommend new look for affordable tea dresses.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I live in my skinnies but I’ve branched out to straight leg jeans - they’re a bit comfier. I like skirts/dresses but just haven’t felt the need to wear them.