What do you want to rant about today? #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know work are fobbing me off with my personal development cause they want to keep me around. I’ve put a request in for a training opportunity and said that I’m happy to self-fund and would only require support in allowing for the 6 study leave days that I would require to attend workshops. The Head of our team came back a few weeks (maybe 3) saying it would be looked at and budgets were a grey area but they weren’t ignoring the request (aka they definitely were). I went back and repeated that I was aware that budgets were tight but I’m happy to self-fund so would want this to be taken into consideration. I haven’t had a reply and this was before Christmas.

I’ve got a coach/mentor who I mentioned this to and they told me that I need to chase again. I’ve just prepped an email for Monday first thing as I don’t have an issue with challenging both my direct line manager and the head of the team.

I’m so convinced they’re purposely stunting me because if I get this additional masters qualification it’s the last thing on the checklist required for roles above me (both the manager and the head of the team) and I’m certain they know I’ll leave because there isn’t progression above me with them both not looking to move on and I basically deputise for them without batting an eyelid cause without sounding conceited yes, I can do their job. It’s never an issue when I sit in meetings on their behalf to represent the team, or pick up enquiries or projects that are high profile that “technically” should be theirs given their job descriptions.

It’s just disgusting that they’d rather ignore me than flat out say no just to string me along for their own gain (I don’t know why I’m surprised). There’s a job that’s come up in the system but I need a masters as it’s essential criteria and if they’d have answered me I could’ve at least put on the application that I was currently working towards as masters. Wankers.

I’m at the point where I’m just going to secretly apply and not tell anyone and use my annual leave days for the six workshops and duck the lot of ‘em.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Ordered two kitchen bins to arrive today and specified Saturday delivery so we’re not at work when it’s delivered. It hasn’t arrived whatsoever, not even been dispatched by the sellers yet 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Why does "ooh, I love this song" translate into "please talk incessant drivel over this song, so I can't hear it". Every bleeping time 😵💫😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know work are fobbing me off with my personal development cause they want to keep me around. I’ve put a request in for a training opportunity and said that I’m happy to self-fund and would only require support in allowing for the 6 study leave days that I would require to attend workshops. The Head of our team came back a few weeks (maybe 3) saying it would be looked at and budgets were a grey area but they weren’t ignoring the request (aka they definitely were). I went back and repeated that I was aware that budgets were tight but I’m happy to self-fund so would want this to be taken into consideration. I haven’t had a reply and this was before Christmas.

I’ve got a coach/mentor who I mentioned this to and they told me that I need to chase again. I’ve just prepped an email for Monday first thing as I don’t have an issue with challenging both my direct line manager and the head of the team.

I’m so convinced they’re purposely stunting me because if I get this additional masters qualification it’s the last thing on the checklist required for roles above me (both the manager and the head of the team) and I’m certain they know I’ll leave because there isn’t progression above me with them both not looking to move on and I basically deputise for them without batting an eyelid cause without sounding conceited yes, I can do their job. It’s never an issue when I sit in meetings on their behalf to represent the team, or pick up enquiries or projects that are high profile that “technically” should be theirs given their job descriptions.

It’s just disgusting that they’d rather ignore me than flat out say no just to string me along for their own gain (I don’t know why I’m surprised). There’s a job that’s come up in the system but I need a masters as it’s essential criteria and if they’d have answered me I could’ve at least put on the application that I was currently working towards as masters. Wankers.

I’m at the point where I’m just going to secretly apply and not tell anyone and use my annual leave days for the six workshops and duck the lot of ‘em.
A company I used to work for pulled this kind of tit. Anyone who was any good never managed to get approval for any training or qualifications which might allow them to progress. It’s a terrible way to manage people. If I were you I’d absolutely just bypass them. Annoying that you have to use annual leave to do it but duck those guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A company I used to work for pulled this kind of tit. Anyone who was any good never managed to get approval for any training or qualifications which might allow them to progress. It’s a terrible way to manage people. If I were you I’d absolutely just bypass them. Annoying that you have to use annual leave to do it but duck those guys.
It’s the worst. It doesn’t pay being good at something because you suddenly become a threat when really you’re an asset.

I’ll just take a week off sick to recoup the six annual leave days, play ‘em at their own game 😂

• Haha
Why does "ooh, I love this song" translate into "please talk incessant drivel over this song, so I can't hear it". Every bleeping time 😵💫😵💫
When you watch those programs that feature 80’s music but really you just hear 1 min of the song then the usual Z list Celebes droning on about the record and artist all the way through it 😠

People who keep telling me to apply for PIP.
Yes I have physical issues that are worsening, but as long as I am able to work and pay for my own lifestyle I do not consider it acceptable to apply for any benefits. When will people realise its not a bloody magic money tree, and just because you can doesn’t mean you should 🤬

Reactions: 21
People who keep telling me to apply for PIP.
Yes I have physical issues that are worsening, but as long as I am able to work and pay for my own lifestyle I do not consider it acceptable to apply for any benefits. When will people realise its not a bloody magic money tree, and just because you can doesn’t mean you should 🤬
Preach! I hate when people earn tit loads of money but put it all into their pensions so they can still claim their child tax credits etc. it makes me sick.

Reactions: 4
Preach! I hate when people earn tit loads of money but put it all into their pensions so they can still claim their child tax credits etc. it makes me sick.
Exactly. I have a very good standard of living and I would feel terrible to be claiming money that could go to someone in more financial need than I am. Also I’m loathe to exaggerate my physical limitations as suggested by ‘friends’. I still workout regularly and yes I’m in pain but I will keep going until I physically can no longer manage, which I hope is some way off yet. … if anything I’m more likely to undersell my pain. There seems to be this way of thinking going around that it’s free money 🙄

Reactions: 5
An unfocussed rant from me: I'm overworked, I'm emotionally shredded from someone acting up constantly, I'm desperately poor (ate nothing but boiled peas for 3 days last week) and I just can't get a grip and feel well.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Exactly. I have a very good standard of living and I would feel terrible to be claiming money that could go to someone in more financial need than I am. Also I’m loathe to exaggerate my physical limitations as suggested by ‘friends’. I still workout regularly and yes I’m in pain but I will keep going until I physically can no longer manage, which I hope is some way off yet. … if anything I’m more likely to undersell my pain. There seems to be this way of thinking going around that it’s free money 🙄
it's not easy to get so many get turned down and treated like tit, it's not a process I would want to go through for fun. I have a friend who absolutely goes to bits when it is renewal time. If you need to exaggerate then IMO you don't need it anyway. It's to help pay for extra things you need due to your disability. like carers, cleaners, transport.

Just because you don't claim it, it doesn't mean someone else will get it, it doesn't work like that.

I’ve got a cold and it’s making me feel rotten.
It’s not even that bad but im tired and I ache when I should be in the gym. Urgh.

• Sad
When you ask someone 3 times in 3 weeks to sort something out and at the last minute they tell you they haven't. It would have taken 2 minutes.

This may offend people but I don’t care. I’m the mother of a child with additional and complex needs. I’m sick of parents who have made there whole online presence about there childs difficulties and struggles. Im all for raising awareness’s but l think it’s unfair to the child , for there privacy and some are just crazy 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 43
My family expect me to think for them instead of using their own brains . Things don't occur to my husband unless I tell him.
My ( now adult) teen thinks that being told to make sure their washing is in the basket on a Saturday means don't do it till a Sunday lunchtime.

My family expect me to think for them instead of using their own brains . Things don't occur to my husband unless I tell him.
My ( now adult) teen thinks that being told to make sure their washing is in the basket on a Saturday means don't do it till a Sunday lunchtime.
My kids grew up the day I stopped doing their washing and ironing and on school holidays expected them to have a nice meal waiting for me. They all have their own children now and expect them to fully pull their own weight in the household.

Reactions: 5
I can't bear it. I had to book leave last week so I could go and stay in a hotel as I haven't had a decent nights sleep in weeks, got back and the utter shithead next door came home off his head at midnight, and played music so loud I couldn't escape. It was terrible warbling high pitched woman singing, and it drove me to tears. He's obviously just woken up now, and the music is on so loud (Taylor bleeping Swift) I can't hear the tv, which I had to put on to try and drown it out. I can't get away from them, and I can't go on like this. Last night I genuinely thought about ending it all. The behaviour is escalating, the music is louder (much), the slamming worse, the everything, and I can't cope. Then I see them in the local papers saying how they're so full of concern for the area, and are so proactive, always bigging themselves and knocking the tories, when I've heard him calling all his fellow labour councillors 'bleeping idiots'. Not for the binmen when they just dumped all their recyling out the front the night of that big storm, and it ended up everywhere (mostly our front garden). Multiple bin bags of bottles, and a wheelie bin full of wine bottles for two people over two weeks.

I've just stood in the hall and screamed, loudly, as otherwise I think I'd have hurt myself. He turned the music up. And I have no-one to turn to, this only affects me (them end of terrace), and I don't know what to do. He's all charm to the other neighbours (although they think most aren't their sort of person, as he and his partner have discussed).

If I say anything, his gang of women supporters (genuinely, when he pops up on twitter they swarm over him as if he's the second coming) will rip me to pieces, and they'll just call me some fascist karen bully for trying to do a good man harm. I know the intimidation will get worse, and he's trained in mental health and I've seen him use that to undermine and make people look unreasonable. And he will become leader of the council this year. I'm genuinley frightened - he thinks he's untouchable now, so when he has more power I don't know what he'll be like. It sounds like I'm paranoid or exaggerating, but it's so unbearable, and it feels like they're trying to push me into reacting, so they can say I'm in the wrong. I document everything, and reloaded a noise app, but never been able to be anywhere quiet enough to calibrate it (they never stop with the noise). Plus it'll never detect the vibration of the music - it feels like they've put the speaker in the hall upstairs, for maximum effect.

I can't afford to move, and I'm at the end of my tether. If I reported it, if I do move you have to disclose, and it feels like for these bastard scumbags, everything is loaded in their favour - they don't care, can play the game, and enjoy inflicting pain. I'm so sorry to vent, especially as there is nothing anyone can do to make it better, but at least getting it out is something.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I need to rant about so called dropped kerbs!

Twice in the last week, my wheelchair and I have embarked on crossing a busy road, rolled down the dropped kerb on one side, only to find the opposite dropped kerb is much higher, leaving me sitting in the road with wheels spinning and cars heading towards me o_O

If councils go to the trouble and expense of dropping a kerb, please do it correctly and not just make it just a wee bit lower than normal...wheelchairs don't levitate!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.