Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NightCircus

Did laugh though (I’m evil like that!) when she got her cape caught and fell backwards.. 🤣
Everyone seemed to find it really funny but I don't get why as it looked like a nasty fall and on Jonathan Ross shortly after she talked about how she had to be checked on a lot during the time after to make sure she was okay, so it sounded like she did hurt herself somewhat badly.

I've actually been wondering if that fall has something to do with the way she's sometimes acted like she's out of her mind in the years following. Head injuries can make it seem like you are okay at the time but manifest later on - like when actress Natasha Richardson died.

Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
Everyone seemed to find it really funny but I don't get why as it looked like a nasty fall and on Jonathan Ross shortly after she talked about how she had to be checked on a lot during the time after to make sure she was okay, so it sounded like she did hurt herself somewhat badly.

I've actually been wondering if that fall has something to do with the way she's sometimes acted like she's out of her mind in the years following. Head injuries can make it seem like you are okay at the time but manifest later on - like when actress Natasha Richardson died.
She landed on her ass how would that effect her mental state .

RachyWoo

VIP Member
She was good in the 80's but once she started with the "Erotica" stuff she lost it, she's just weird now. Like a Prayer and Dear Jessie are my favourites.

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I’m a 90s child so I never experienced the excitement of Madonna releasing new singles/albums/music videos in what I will call her prime.

I would’ve loved to have been a teen or young adult in the 80s whilst she was releasing so many hits.

I don’t care for her at all now. I think her 28 year old self would be mortified if she was shown how she’d handle trying to stay relevant in her later years.

Here are my favorites

80s - Lucky Star, Material Girl, La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, Live to Tell

90s - Frozen, Power of Goodbye, Beautiful Stranger

00’s - Music, Hung Up, Celebration

Who cares?

I was very little when Holiday was on TOTPs. I was a teenager when SEX landed on coffee tables. I was unable to get home when her 'I'm English now' concert shut down Brixton for no reason other than her ego and unnecessary traffic controls. That was when I realised her new sound was a direct steal from ??? was it the Scissor sisters? Looking back she has always been desperate, which is fair enough in the early years, but very sad for about the last thirty, she'd made it, and gets worse as time passes. Humiliating your own child for social media likes! No, just no. She could have gone down as one of 'The Greats', now she'll go down as a mess that however hard she tries will never be as great again.

I don't have a favourite song, but Madonna is part of my life soundtrack whether I like it or not!

I thought the cape incident was about her finest moment in the past 20 years, very professional, got right back up again.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Madonna keeps showing up on my suggestions in my Instagram feed and I think she comes across as a bit cringeworthy now. Her pics look so filtered and she looks like she may have overdone the surgery. I don't think she comes across like a globally successful superstar.

I've never been a huge fan , but I can always remember Madonna songs at different points growing up. She's very versatile and moves with the times.

My fave Madonna song is Dear Jessie.
I also like Hanky Panky ,Rain and Impressive Instant.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
sexy that comes from knowing who you are, not inflating your lips to the size of a bouncy castle, snogging 20 year olds and rolling about with your tits and arse out (and I think the same about famous men in their 70’).
You don't see too many older men doing stuff like that, though, other than sometimes snogging younger people!

Last edited:

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Loved the Immaculate Collection album then don’t think I liked anything until Beautiful Stranger and the American Pie cover. thought she was a bit cringe early 00s and seemed jealous of Kylie’s revived success and seemed she was taking the piss out of Kylie and Britney at the time. The Ali G, Britney and Justin collabs were a bit tedious, not to mention the Kabbalah bollocks. Hung Up was decent but can’t remember the rest of Confessions on a Dancefloor.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Had anyone ever read the book her brother Christopher wrote? I just bought a very cheap copy on eBay as I'm in the mood for some seriously trashy reading.
No but they had (or have, not sure if they’ve made up) a major falling out so I’m sure there will be plenty of trash talking in it. Enjoy! 😆

RachyWoo

VIP Member
I can't stand the Erotica/Girlie Show/Bedtime Stories era. A few good songs, one or two beauties like Rain, Take A Bow and Secret, but she just seemed so desperate.

She redeemed herself imho with Ray of Light, Music and Confessions then it all seemed to go downhill again.

My favourite Madonna era by far is 1983 - 1990. So, so good. Just totally perfect pop and she even did a sort of jazz album with I'm Breathless, inspired by the Dick Tracy movie soundtrack, which is criminally underrated.
I agree, Ray of Light was good, and then she lost it again. I'm Breathless was brilliant.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
She did a Bond theme in the early 00s , sure she had a small part too.
I've never seen the end of Desperately Seeking Susan so I still don't know if Susan got her jacket back .

NightCircus

Had anyone ever read the book her brother Christopher wrote? I just bought a very cheap copy on eBay as I'm in the mood for some seriously trashy reading.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I used to really like her music, style and attitude, she has earned the right to be called a superstar. But I really think it is time for her to retire and think about doing something else with her life. She has secured her place in pop music history, but she risks damaging her legacy with her recent behaviour.
Favourite songs -
Live to tell
Boarderline
Ray of light
Frozen.

Last edited: