Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I think she's irrelevant now. I was never a real fan but I think she did some great pop songs. Pop is a young person's game, what 13yr old wants to listen to a 60yr old sing about boys?

Reactions: 3

JakeM

VIP Member
I know that my opinion is in the minority, but I have never liked her or her music. she’s also as crazy as a sack of weasels.

• Haha

cosmo girl

VIP Member
I loved her in the 80's. I was a huge fan back in the day. Loved Holiday, Lucky Star, Into The Groove, Material Girl, Like A virgin. She was so cool in the 80's. My husband likes her older stuff Ray of light album and he has other albums. I think she comes across desperate now.

• Heart

sineadf

I loved her as a teenager in the 80s and it's really sad to see her decline. She was famously healthy and abstemious so it's so odd to see her clearly under the influence of something a lot of the time these days. She could be such a cool older lady. Then again maybe she was never going to be the mellow with age type. Anyone read her brother's bitchy memoir? It's riveting!

Music-wise I love the first album "Madonna" and Borderline is my favourite song.

NightCircus

Used to be a big, big fan but her behaviour the last six years or so has been disgraceful. She used to be so professional and a bit mysterious but she lost that somewhere along the way and it's been very sad to see her decline. Her behaviour during lockdown has been abhorrent, apparently agreeing with dangerous conspiracy theories and showing off in her bathtub.

I will always have respect for her legacy and still enjoy the music bar her most recent album which, I'm sorry, I thought was unbearable pretentious bollocks and very depressing, but the shine has come off for me now.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I used to love Madonna in the 80’s and early 90’s. I think it’s easy to forget what a trailblazer she was. There are so many pop stars that have modelled themselves on Madonna’s blueprint, especially Lady Gaga, which is why I find it quite sad to see her these days. She’s totally lost the plot. Her face looks just awful and she can barely close her eyes and mouth with all the work she’s had done. On the one hand, I can understand why she’s taken that route but on the other I can’t help thinking ‘just give it up, woman’. Women in their twilight years can still be sexy (Helen Mirren and Joanna Lumley for example), but it’s a different kind of sexy that comes from knowing who you are, not inflating your lips to the size of a bouncy castle, snogging 20 year olds and rolling about with your tits and arse out (and I think the same about famous men in their 70’s, before anyone cries sexism. It’s not a good look for anybody).
I agree with this. Cher and Dolly Parton both have a decade on Madonna, still make music like Madonna, and (I presume) have had more plastic surgery work done than Madonna but whilst Madonna reeks of desperation, the other two don’t.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
No doubt about it, she is a living legend and has earned the right to be called one.

With that said, her antics in the last decade or so have turned her into a bit of a joke and she has nobody to blame for them but herself.

The Drake kiss was a particularly embarrassing lowlight

EDIT: oops, forgot to include my favourite Madonna songs: Like a Prayer (the proper version, not the crappy Immaculate Collection version), The Power of Goodbye, Oh Father (so underrated), Frozen and Like A Virgin.

Reactions: 2

NightCircus

She seemed so much more exciting before she was all over social media.

Now I just want her to calm down and go away.

monga

VIP Member
I'd bet she has a problem with something. People on Crazy Days And Nights have reckoned it's opiates. I wouldn't be surprised but it's such a shame because she always seemed so health obsessed before.
She can’t face getting older like so many of them it’s a shame stardom destroys so many .. love this pic
D65AD7E4-04BC-43DD-AE1D-5F6A92FBBF49.jpeg

• Heart

Hunnaybadgerz

She is a living legend. Quite sad seeing her face these days, but it doesn't diminish her career.
Can I pick two?

Take a Bow
&
...the entire Immaculate Collection

Good choices above too!

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I absolutely love her Ray of Light album - it was and still is amazing to listen to.

It's a shame that she didn't fade away while she was on a high. She'll still be performing in a leotard and fishnet stockings in 20 years time with an incontinence pad sticking out :eek:

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
Loved her growing up (80s Child) her last album I really loved was Ray of Light. although Confessions of a Dancefloor was ok.

Favourite song is probably Cherish, Papa Don't Preach or Drowned World (Substitute for Love)

Reactions: 1