What did you GIVE for Christmas?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mum - chipped in with siblings to buy new tv
Don't buy anything for older siblings but bought Xbox gift cards for my nephews, a ‘wreck this journal’ and a boba tea phone case for my niece
Younger brother got a steam gift card, Oreo selection box, and a pokemon doll (hasn’t arrived 😡)
Youngest brother got some Ryan’s World figures and a selection box
Dad got some pork scratching, slippers and a desk organiser you can charge your phone with
Stepmum - perfume and slippers
Nan - alcohol 🤣
Grandfather - camera shaped tin with cookies inside, dairy milk and thermal socks
Cousins - Wonky Donkey book, Jellycat bunny blanket

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Boyfriend - New phone, €50 steam voucher, new coat, 2 new t-shirts, a few books on roman history and some alcohol

Parents - A new 4k smart TV lol (saved up all year for this!!).. I got them both a book too (we always give each other books)

Brother - Two pouches of his favourite hipster coffee, a voucher for his favourite clothes shop and a book on photography

Best friend (a gay man who loves make-up before you ask haha) - Tiffany for Him cologne, glossier milk jelly + lip balm, elf brushes and mist, lush gift set, beauty blender, some face masks and cigarettes (it's our thing, don't @ me lol)

MIL - Jo Malone Candle

Sister in law - Soap and Glory set, cosy socks

Grandmother - Box of chocolates and hand cream

Reactions: 1
Cat- An Icelandic sheepskin

Husband- Nothing since we don't do presents

Mom- Samsung tablet, case, stand, ear buds and a $100 Whole Foods gift card

I bought my lot a poster (I framed them) called ‘how to cook everything’ by Notonthehighstreet and some money

Toys for their pets

my mil will be getting a jigsaw with a picture of her granddaughters and hand cream

my fil will be getting a John Wayne picture and a gardening stool

i got my partner a nin hoodie,sweets,chocolates,two tee shirts and socks

(he’s been bellyaching that he felt ill all over Christmas afternoon-he came down with the most awful shits
we didn’t think much to it-thought he’d picked up a bug until I finally got round to reading the reviews of the sweets-‘may have a laxative effect’ turns out that one or two sweets would get things-well moving-he’d eaten two bags of them!)

so for Christmas I gave my partner the trots

sorry mr itsallaboutmememe-I didn’t do it on purpose!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
LOVEEEEE giving gifts... Would literally leave myself skint if it meant seeing the look on everyone's faces :):love:

Boyfriend - Trainers, Molten Brown Aftershave - he wanted one for so long I just had to and it was worth it seeing his face!, Two polo tops, Football top, Some shorts for holidays when we can get!, Shaving set from Kiehls, Some white company stuff, Socks, Boxers, Chocs, Whiskey, PJ's.

Mum - Chanel Perfume, Shortbread, a top, a jacket, a little glass thing with a sunflower in it (mum/daughter gift), vodka, a joint gift along with my stepdads of their pic permanently on the wall at Anfield.. they are mad liverpool fans!

Stepdad - Paul Smith aftershave £20 a bottle - he loves it and I wasn't complaining haha bargain!, A top, A jacket, Joint gift along with mums, Sweets, Bottle of Baileys.

Dad - Two polo tops and some sweets... my dad and I always keep it simple.

Little Sister - Pink Gin, Mixer for the Gin, Lipgloss set, Nivea body set.

Big Sister - Crazy Tortoise lady cup, Metal Bookmark, A personalised family tree frame, A tortoise plant pot.

Little Brother - Football training top and scarf.

Niece - some little bits of glittery makeup and lipgloss, Smartie tube, LOL bubble bath set, Unicorn top and matching pink leggings

Nephew 1 - Spiderman bubblebath set, Lynx gift set (yessss i did it, i know everyone slags it off haha but he is 5 and likes it!😂), Jeans, little polo top, Smartie tube

Nephew 2 - playstation Cup, Playstation PJ's and Playstation voucher, Smartie tube..

Boyfriends Mum - Kiehl's Skincare set

Boyfriends dad - Top

Cat - Lots of treat tins, Stocking!

• Heart
My younger brother - a lynx set
My 2 older brothers - yoda mugs
Nephew 1- lynx set
Nephew 2- Minecraft book
Nephew 3- blanket
Mam- reeces selection box
Sister- mug cakes, hot chocolate, candle, sweets, a keyring
SIL 1 -dove set
SIL 2 - bath set
Niece - giant unicorn, a dress, a jumper and knitted dolly
Sisters 2 dogs- treats, a tshirt each, balls, toys and bones
And i donated a bunch of tins to a food bank before Christmas

Mum - 2 Pandora charms for her bracelet, Clinique cream what she uses, pyjamas, bed socks, chocolates,

Nana - Countryfile calendar, Radley purse (bought in the sale absolutely ages ago and stored away), hand cream, chocolates, M&S voucher what she will spend online

Brother (he’s 11) - Amazon voucher, drawing/art stuff, calendar/pencil case/notebook all with a space theme as he loves space, pyjamas, David Williams new book, haribo selection box as he doesn’t like chocolate!

Auntie - pyjamas, chocolate, hand cream/wash set, sign that says ‘2 spoilt rabbits live here’ as she recently got some rabbits!

Sounds like a lot but I save all year for Christmas. I also donated some toys in B&M to their Christmas present appeal.

Anyone started shopping/got any ideas already? I'm really struggling to think of what to get my mum this year - I've gone overboard the past 3 years so have no idea for this year (also very much lacking in funds)

I bought some family Christmas cards today. I'm doing hampers this year, apart from my younger brother who I'm going to give money to and buy him some toiletries and XBOX bits.

Anyone started shopping/got any ideas already? I'm really struggling to think of what to get my mum this year - I've gone overboard the past 3 years so have no idea for this year (also very much lacking in funds)
I LOVE christmas present shopping. Gift giving is my love language, lol. I've got some ideas for my husband, but other than that I'm still thinking about things.

Reactions: 2
My two sons (6&4) will get a main present each which is something they want (usually expensive); they’ll each get a new outfit, some little things that they could be doing with (new wellies, electric toothbrush etc), new pyjamas, slippers and sweets. I don’t like to go overboard with them as it’s literally just been their birthdays so can get very expensive and they don’t need a load of toys that they’ll never play with.

Husband: New trainers (probably Nike or New Balance), a gaming keyboard, some new books he wants and a yoga mat (he’s asked for one).

My parents and MIL: Gift vouchers for their fave stores.

Mine and OH’s grandparents: I always make up hampers with lots of Christmas goodies for them which they enjoy.

Niece 1 (almost 4): Pyjamas, selection box and a Barbie doll set.

Niece 2 (almost 2): Pyjamas, selection box and a baby doll set.

Our three cats: Cat treats, some toys, new collars and a new cat scratch post because they’ve destroyed the old one.

I LOVE christmas present shopping. Gift giving is my love language, lol. I've got some ideas for my husband, but other than that I'm still thinking about things.
Same!! I love buying people things (hence the going overboard with my mum for the past 3 years) my boyfriend and friends are easy to shop for but no idea what to get my mum

Husband - Airpods
Mum and Dad - IOU to take them out for dinner. Bought them vouchers in 2019 and they have only just used them. Spring bulbs in a nice pot
PIL - local produce hamper. Spring bulbs as well.
Niece - perfume
Nephews - cash
Friends kids < 3 - cute leggings. I don't buy them much and don't like to buy 'stuff'.
Friends kids > 3 - probably a board game. I like the orchard toys ones

Bought my friend some Soul and Soap bits cos she loves baths.

Unsure about my BIL and SIL and their kids. And two other friends.

The past few years I've set myself the challenge to buy all gifts from small local sellers either in my city or people I follow online. Feels nice to support them. :giggle: I haven't bought much yet for this year just one present so far - a watercolour print and frame for my auntie.

I don't go mad I just buy for my mum, auntie and partner.

Husband - Airpods
Mum and Dad - IOU to take them out for dinner. Bought them vouchers in 2019 and they have only just used them. Spring bulbs in a nice pot
PIL - local produce hamper. Spring bulbs as well.
Niece - perfume
Nephews - cash
Friends kids < 3 - cute leggings. I don't buy them much and don't like to buy 'stuff'.
Friends kids > 3 - probably a board game. I like the orchard toys ones

Bought my friend some Soul and Soap bits cos she loves baths.

Unsure about my BIL and SIL and their kids. And two other friends.
I love the idea of Spring bulbs!

Mums finally told me what she wants for Christmas, she wants make up but she doesn't wear it all too often maybe once a month if that - So would you get a couple of bits from somewhere like Anastasia Beverly Hills (maybe like 2 lipsticks an eyeshadow pallate and a mascara) or go Boots and get more stuff thats cheaper?

Mums finally told me what she wants for Christmas, she wants make up but she doesn't wear it all too often maybe once a month if that - So would you get a couple of bits from somewhere like Anastasia Beverly Hills (maybe like 2 lipsticks an eyeshadow pallate and a mascara) or go Boots and get more stuff thats cheaper?
I'd honestly get stuff that was cheaper especially it was was only going to be used 12 times in a year at the most.

I'd go for a high-end eyeshadow pallate for the wow factor 🙂 and go cheaper for the rest. Eyeshadow (if powder) should keep well for a couple of years, whereas liquid stuff - especially mascara and eyeliner - might need chucking out after a few months. So I'd go for either a cheap (Maybelline) mascara, or a mini of a higher-end brand.

I agree with the poster that said that powdery stuff lasts longer.

But most importantly I would look at when and why she uses make-up: for special occasions? Or when she has time to put it on on normal days?
So: should it be more "glam" or more "every day"?

It is very difficult to buy make-up for another person and if it would be my mother I would buy a voucher that includes a consultation.

I would buy a foundation and concealer that suits her skin tone, a couple of lip sticks (day /night), mascara and depending on what she likes eye shadow or eye pencil and if she is skilled enough to use it highlighter or blusher.