Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TJ90

VIP Member
My brother is obsessed with Lego even at 33. I got him some of the Lego Architecture collection which has been retired. He was thrilled and started building it straight away 😂 this is a man with a very serious job but he becomes a child when Lego is around. It was a little more than I’d usually spend but I thought what’s the point in buying tat he won’t want and wasting the money. So I spent a bit more and just won’t have my weekly fillet steak.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

bolimepipi

VIP Member
i was enjoying the 'what did you get for christmas thread' and kept thinking how nice it would be to share what we gave people 😄
so i will start 😄

for my boyfriend i found a special edition of a book he read as a child, about a man and a wolf travelling together, written from the perspective of the wolf, also lots of christmas themed spongebob squarepants and patrick the star socks 😂, some underwear, a few of his favorite flavors of cappuccino and some other drinks he likes

for my sister i got a nice astrology themed pyjama set, sushi socks, some jewellery and a friends holiday armadillo card

for my dad a few special beers, sriracha, chocolate coins (a tradition) and 2 pairs of christmas socks, 1 with christmas flamingos and 1 with christmas dinosaurs 😂

for my mom some jewellery (a nice earring-necklace set with daisies), a new pan, a hat, chocolate coins (again, a tradition) and christmas socks again, with penguins

for my grandma, a 'best grandma' christmas tree bauble, christmas socks, a nice card and a klimt-the kiss mug since it's her favorite painting

for my best friend a huge chocolate, a christmas tree decoration (i get her a special beauty themed one every year as a tradition) and christmas socks

for my boyfriend's family we sent a lot of food, drinks, various sweets, a nice bottle of wine, some local treats and sauces for his dad, 2 special hand-made christmas tree baubles for his brother and gf, and a locally made rose cream for his mom because she adores it

for my cousins and nephews i got lots of mini nutellas, cookies, chocolates and, guess what, christmas socks 😄

it's been modest this year as i lost my main job, but i know i put thought into the gifts and they all seemed to like them :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8

emm

VIP Member
I've got a few good bits from Etsy before but it's so hard sometimes to tell authentic small businesses from those that drop ship mass produced things made in factories abroad.
totally agree, they need to have some kind of better checking system

Reactions: 3

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
I bought my lot a poster (I framed them) called ‘how to cook everything’ by Notonthehighstreet and some money

Toys for their pets

my mil will be getting a jigsaw with a picture of her granddaughters and hand cream

my fil will be getting a John Wayne picture and a gardening stool

i got my partner a nin hoodie,sweets,chocolates,two tee shirts and socks

(he’s been bellyaching that he felt ill all over Christmas afternoon-he came down with the most awful shits
we didn’t think much to it-thought he’d picked up a bug until I finally got round to reading the reviews of the sweets-‘may have a laxative effect’ turns out that one or two sweets would get things-well moving-he’d eaten two bags of them!)

so for Christmas I gave my partner the trots

sorry mr itsallaboutmememe-I didn’t do it on purpose!

• Haha

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Son - skateboard and pads, Amazon fire tablet, board games, felts and colouring book, science lab kit, torch, books, dressing gown, slippers and Lego watch.

Mum - PJs, slippers, earrings, book, DVD box set and a Photobook of the family.

Brother - Molton brown set, leather wallet, sketch pad and brush pens and PJ’s.

Brother in Law - 2 books, a coffee set and some Lindt chocs.

Cat - cat nip toy and a dreamies stocking.

Fish - food and a spongebob pineapple house.

Grandma - PJ’s and framed photo of the family.

Grandmas dog - treats.

Best friend - PJ’s and face mask.

Other friends - sanctuary hand kit and face masks.

Friends kids (I have 8 to buy for) - Christmas book and selection pack.

Nephew - Amazon voucher and Lindt chocs.

Ex partner (sons dad) - photo book of son, mug, smellies and wallet with daddy personalisation.

Ex boyfriend (I’d bought presents already and we’d broken up 2 weeks before Xmas so still exchanged them) - money towards a PS game, socks, Lounge wear, smellies.

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
I adopted a bee for an old friend who is keen on helping bees and is an aging hippy. It cost £1, £1.50, or £5 depending on which type of bee and the money goes to help local hives. I was able to print out a nice adoption certificate and laminated it. Have also bought him a recipe book. And that is the extent of my shopping thus far.
So I have made a start.
That’s such a cute idea!

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Good thread!

For my fella - a new coat that he asked for, rubber sole slippers cos he had ones that proper slapped the floor and he didn't like them and ended up always wearing my leopard print slippers 😂 best Dad ever socks, strawberry and white chocolate Lindor and orange matchmakers. We went going crazy for each other this year cos we have the baby

My Mum - a Sophie Kinsella book and a TK Maxx voucher. It's her fave shop

My sister - pjs and trainer socks that she asked for! And a box of mint matchmakers

My brother- he's recently got into drawing so I got him some watercolours and a sketch pad

Got all my nieces and nephews different board games each cos their at the board game stage

My MIL - a mug with a pic of her dog and cat on

My fellas Nan - a jigsaw with her dog on

• Heart

Cheapseats

Chatty Member
I adopted a bee for an old friend who is keen on helping bees and is an aging hippy. It cost £1, £1.50, or £5 depending on which type of bee and the money goes to help local hives. I was able to print out a nice adoption certificate and laminated it. Have also bought him a recipe book. And that is the extent of my shopping thus far.
So I have made a start.

• Heart

Dear Reader

Last year I contacted an artist on Etsy who did custom illustrated portraits. I had an illustration of me and my mum with our dog, my dad and I, and my grandparents and their dog. All 3 came to £60 and that was presents sorted for 4 people. They all loved the portraits as the art style was super cute, it was a meaningful present, and they certainly were not expecting it! It felt really good to get that reaction whilst also supporting an artist too. I'll be back to Etsy for gifts this year lol

• Heart

bolimepipi

VIP Member
For my fella - a new coat that he asked for, rubber sole slippers cos he had ones that proper slapped the floor and he didn't like them and ended up always wearing my leopard print slippers 😂 best Dad ever socks, strawberry and white chocolate Lindor and orange matchmakers. We went going crazy for each other this year cos we have the baby
hahaha unbelievable, my boyfriend used to wear my leopard print slippers until i bought him proper ones for last christmas 😂

• Haha

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Last year I contacted an artist on Etsy who did custom illustrated portraits. I had an illustration of me and my mum with our dog, my dad and I, and my grandparents and their dog. All 3 came to £60 and that was presents sorted for 4 people. They all loved the portraits as the art style was super cute, it was a meaningful present, and they certainly were not expecting it! It felt really good to get that reaction whilst also supporting an artist too. I'll be back to Etsy for gifts this year lol
I've got a few good bits from Etsy before but it's so hard sometimes to tell authentic small businesses from those that drop ship mass produced things made in factories abroad.

Meh

Chatty Member
Great thread!

My fella- Lego (yes! 😂) Mr Bungle’s latest vinyl, a new kindle and cover, a tea pot he’s always wanted and some nice loose leaf tea and chocolate. He was beside himself with his gifts this year.

Sister- Fitbit, a moon lamp with a wee stand, filter coffee machine and nice coffee, perfume, Clinique skin care & the Ordinary, a dove bath set she likes, new PJs and fairy lights.

Brothers x3 - drink, chocolates, smellies and cash.

Mum - PJs, dove smellies and new leather boots (unfortunately they are too narrow, shame as she loves them)

BIL -aftershave, whisky, chicocies and a meal out voucher in a fancy hotel (cracking deal found on it so we’re going on a double date once lockdown over)

Niece- 1st Christmas so got her loads of Duplo Lego as her Mum said she was loving the small set she got a few months ago. Got a couple beautiful dresses as well.

Other odds and sods such as make up, drink, chocolates, restaurant vouchers etc. For some others (brother’s gfs mainly)

Went a bit crazy this Christmas but it’s been a shit year for everyone so treats were a must.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
This year I've said to the OH lets just have a £50 limit for each other as we don't really need anything so no point spends hundreds.
I really enjoyed last xmas, very low key, my family all just got each other a couple of small things. Much preferred it, I really realised how unneccessary buying so much is , I love buying presents and tend to get swept up in the consumerism but i won't be doing it again

Reactions: 2

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Mum - chipped in with siblings to buy new tv
Don't buy anything for older siblings but bought Xbox gift cards for my nephews, a ‘wreck this journal’ and a boba tea phone case for my niece
Younger brother got a steam gift card, Oreo selection box, and a pokemon doll (hasn’t arrived 😡)
Youngest brother got some Ryan’s World figures and a selection box
Dad got some pork scratching, slippers and a desk organiser you can charge your phone with
Stepmum - perfume and slippers
Nan - alcohol 🤣
Grandfather - camera shaped tin with cookies inside, dairy milk and thermal socks
Cousins - Wonky Donkey book, Jellycat bunny blanket

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Anyone started shopping/got any ideas already? I'm really struggling to think of what to get my mum this year - I've gone overboard the past 3 years so have no idea for this year (also very much lacking in funds)
I LOVE christmas present shopping. Gift giving is my love language, lol. I've got some ideas for my husband, but other than that I'm still thinking about things.

coconochanel

VIP Member
This year I've said to the OH lets just have a £50 limit for each other as we don't really need anything so no point spends hundreds.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Dad - QNap Media server. Some DeWalt power tool thingies for his "ongoing projects"
Mum - Sauna & Indian Head Massage pamper day at beauty clinic, slippers, bathrobe
Sis - Amazon vouchers, Kindle, 32" HD TV
G/f - Sony PS5 games console, "other stuff"

Other friends and relations - chocolates, booze, vouchers, SD cards, flash drives, smellies, carriage clock, kitchen clock, biscuits etc

• Heart