What did you GIVE for Christmas?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This year I've said to the OH lets just have a £50 limit for each other as we don't really need anything so no point spends hundreds.

Reactions: 2
Thanks to those who replied about my make up query. Ended up getting 2 BeautyBay own eyeshadow palates a Maybelline mascara and 2 Anastasia Beverly Hills lipsticks.
she only really wears it when going out out

Reactions: 1
First year I've started to think about Xmas presents early although still no clue on what to buy. Just hope we don't have an office secret santa as I find them so stressful

This year I've said to the OH lets just have a £50 limit for each other as we don't really need anything so no point spends hundreds.
I really enjoyed last xmas, very low key, my family all just got each other a couple of small things. Much preferred it, I really realised how unneccessary buying so much is , I love buying presents and tend to get swept up in the consumerism but i won't be doing it again

First year I've started to think about Xmas presents early although still no clue on what to buy. Just hope we don't have an office secret santa as I find them so stressful
How many people in total will you be buying for and what are their ages?

Secret santa could just go with a £5 gift card.

I really enjoyed last xmas, very low key, my family all just got each other a couple of small things. Much preferred it, I really realised how unneccessary buying so much is , I love buying presents and tend to get swept up in the consumerism but i won't be doing it again
Yes its so easy to buy this and buy that and before you know it you've spent loads.

Last year I contacted an artist on Etsy who did custom illustrated portraits. I had an illustration of me and my mum with our dog, my dad and I, and my grandparents and their dog. All 3 came to £60 and that was presents sorted for 4 people. They all loved the portraits as the art style was super cute, it was a meaningful present, and they certainly were not expecting it! It felt really good to get that reaction whilst also supporting an artist too. I'll be back to Etsy for gifts this year lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Last year I contacted an artist on Etsy who did custom illustrated portraits. I had an illustration of me and my mum with our dog, my dad and I, and my grandparents and their dog. All 3 came to £60 and that was presents sorted for 4 people. They all loved the portraits as the art style was super cute, it was a meaningful present, and they certainly were not expecting it! It felt really good to get that reaction whilst also supporting an artist too. I'll be back to Etsy for gifts this year lol
I've got a few good bits from Etsy before but it's so hard sometimes to tell authentic small businesses from those that drop ship mass produced things made in factories abroad.

I've got a few good bits from Etsy before but it's so hard sometimes to tell authentic small businesses from those that drop ship mass produced things made in factories abroad.
totally agree, they need to have some kind of better checking system

I adopted a bee for an old friend who is keen on helping bees and is an aging hippy. It cost £1, £1.50, or £5 depending on which type of bee and the money goes to help local hives. I was able to print out a nice adoption certificate and laminated it. Have also bought him a recipe book. And that is the extent of my shopping thus far.
So I have made a start.

• Heart
I adopted a bee for an old friend who is keen on helping bees and is an aging hippy. It cost £1, £1.50, or £5 depending on which type of bee and the money goes to help local hives. I was able to print out a nice adoption certificate and laminated it. Have also bought him a recipe book. And that is the extent of my shopping thus far.
So I have made a start.
That’s such a cute idea!

• Heart
So I have made a start.
Thats a good idea. My friend adopted a Donkey for her relative.

• Heart
My daughter-dolls house, magnetic tiles, books, water painting stuff
Mum-dress
Horses-bag of carrots each
Dog- toys
Chickens-dried mealworns
Guinea pigs- new toys
nephew- clothes
Sil- voucher
Parter- Nike trainers and little bits
Totally stuck on my brother and dad who Also both have birthdays in December how inconsiderate!im trying not to go mad with my daughter as she’s only 2 and my parents will spoil her no doubt. I’ve booked a couple of grottos and Christmas trips for her too.

Other than my kids, I am always stumped on what to buy certain people, so this is a great thread for ideas.

Dad - personalised Zippo lighter, socks, gloves, Only Fools and Horses PJs and an Under Armour coat. (Hes the hardest to buy for).

Sister - Perfume - Millions, Nike bumbag and I also plan to get her a cheaper version of an Oodie. She also likes Reebok classic trainers and is a child's size, which are really cheap on so I will probably order her a pair.

Sisters 2 cats she treats as her kids - cat nip "joints" from Amazon.

Brother - some Nike canvas prints from a company who specifically does trainer artwork. A bottle of flavoured gin and some coffee paraphernalia such as flavoured syrups, sprinkles, etc. Since he's a coffee freak.

Ex MIL and FIL who I absolutely adore... I usually get a bottle of their favourite tipple each and some chocolate.

Last year for a little extra gift I got everyone a Christmas mug with their initial on and popped a chocolate Santa inside.

• Heart