What are you cooking for dinner? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beef stew and dumplings in the slow cooker. Will maybe do a big yorkshire pud to have it in later.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve had Strong Roots potato and cauliflower hash brown things, egg, tomato and pitta bread so far today.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What's your method? I always duck mine up.
Make the batter - 140g flour, 2 large eggs, salt pepper and half teaspoon mustard powder, whisk in milk until it’s smooth - then, and this is the important bit, leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
Put 10 sausages and a good glob of light olive oil in a roasting tray for 15 mins at about 190, add the batter then cook for about another 30 mins. You can check after 20 mins, it won’t sink.

Sorry it’s not more accurate but it’s been a trial and error thing. Resting the batter in the fridge seems to trump all the other advice for me though.

Reactions: 1
Make the batter - 140g flour, 2 large eggs, salt pepper and half teaspoon mustard powder, whisk in milk until it’s smooth - then, and this is the important bit, leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
Put 10 sausages and a good glob of light olive oil in a roasting tray for 15 mins at about 190, add the batter then cook for about another 30 mins. You can check after 20 mins, it won’t sink.

Sorry it’s not more accurate but it’s been a trial and error thing. Resting the batter in the fridge seems to trump all the other advice for me though.
Nice one! Thanks for that. Gonna try it out

Hello! New to this thread, but I love talking dinners so couldn’t resist joining in!
Tonight I’m making sweet potato gnocchi bake 😋

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.