What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A paperweight from my mother in law, a paperweight!!!! It was first Christmas as her daughter in law and that was best she could come up with!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Every year my mum gets me pyjamas, but the kind where the top has a pic of glittery kittens or cross eyed teddy bears. Basically the kind of motif that if I wore them it would guarantee I never got any action.ever.again ๐Ÿ˜„.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm cackling at this thread ๐Ÿ˜‚
These are not as bad as everyone else's but...
A woman I worked with for only a 2 months bought me vibrator for Christmas.
My Uncle and Aunt who are very rich, gave me a "charity donation" gift even though they knew I was struggling financially at the time.
My BEST friend who knows I don't drink espressos (as caffeine makes my anxiety worse), gave me an espresso cup, same friend also re-gifted me back a present I gave her in the same year.
My Great Aunt gave me a Kama Sutra book for my 16th birthday
An ex boyfriend gave me the most hideous dress I've ever seen. It was a mini dress with puffy shoulders, in that horrible synthetic shiny material, neon blue, with cheap crystals stuck to it, it was also about 2 size too big for me.
A packet of cigarettes, not that bad, as I do smoke, but I though it was a weird gift... Like but me a fancy lighter or an ashtray if you wanted to get me a smoking related gift.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
My Uncle and Aunt who are very rich, gave me a "charity donation" gift even though they knew I was struggling financially at the time.
My BEST friend who knows I don't drink espressos (as caffeine makes my anxiety worse), gave me an espresso cup, same friend also re-gifted me back a present I gave her in the same year.
An ex boyfriend gave me the most hideous dress I've ever seen. It was a mini dress with puffy shoulders, in that horrible synthetic shiny material, neon blue, with cheap crystals stuck to it, it was also about 2 size too big for me.
A packet of cigarettes, not that bad, as I do smoke, but I though it was a weird gift... Like but me a fancy lighter or an ashtray if you wanted to get me a smoking related gift.
You've reminded me! My sister, dissatisfied with the performance of a new vibrator she'd bought, gifted it to a friend for Christmas. When I expressed my ... surprise, she said "Well, I washed it first". Oh well, that's all right then.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
My hubbys nan gave us all pens and alarm clocks that she's got free ona coach trip once ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
My kids grandparents went on holiday to Thailand and bought about twenty salt and pepper pots, the kids got them for Christmas for the next five years....they are all married with their own homes ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Your user name is everything! .... how many of those have you had sue?

Someone bought you a vibe for Christmas ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My husbands grandmother used to play bingo at a place where there was no money wins, the wins were small things like tea bags, chocolate's, sugar etc. Each year we'd all get an easter egg from her but the contents were missing, she'd peeled back the foil, take out the contents and carefully replace the foil and make a big deal of gifting eggs to everyone.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
My brother and his partner spent Xmas with the family one year. He passed her her present. She opened it all excited. It was a rampant rabbit. She ran upstairs mortified. She wasn't the type of person to laugh it off ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My sister always gives me pens, keyrings, wee note pads etc that are clearly freebies from different brands they sell in the clothes shop she works in as they will have the brand name written on them.
Wouldn't mind if they weren't wrapped up as Christmas gifts. Although there's only so many pens and notepads one needs.

• Haha
I remember listening to a radio show about the worst presents. A woman rang in and said her husband gifted her a lawnmower. The presenter said well it's not romantic but not terrible either...she said it was a push mower and she was 8 months pregnant with triplets at the time, said she cried buckets. :cry: but eventually forgave him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
One year my ex gave me an iron he'd got free at work and another year a sandwich toaster, it was ex display so there was no box it was just wrapped in a carrier bag! He also bought me an awful pair of scratchy lacy knickers with his football team on๐Ÿ™„
His mother hated me and was a tight old bag, she gave me cheap crap she got in jumble sales etc she even begrudged spending ยฃ20 on a t-shirt my ex asked for. One year she gave me some chenille gloves, I was quite impressed, thought I'd finally got something half decent, turns out they were indeed half decent as once I put them on there were holes in some of the finger tips!๐Ÿ˜‚ Clearly another boot sale buy.

• Haha
  • Wow
My MIL gave me a massive, purple abstract statue for Christmas last year.
She'd written a note to go with it that said they saw it and thought of me ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
I genuinely don't know what to do with it!

• Haha
Again I'm reminded of a "worst gift" that was inflicted on someone else. Having drinks in a bar after breaking up for Christmas a guy showed me what he'd bought his wife. It was a spade. A garden spade. All bright and shiny and new. A spade. When he saw my face (as I wondered what to say) he said, "Oh, you think I should wrap it"? I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in his house on Christmas morning.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Again I'm reminded of a "worst gift" that was inflicted on someone else. Having drinks in a bar after breaking up for Christmas a guy showed me what he'd bought his wife. It was a spade. A garden spade. All bright and shiny and new. A spade. When he saw my face (as I wondered what to say) he said, "Oh, you think I should wrap it"? I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in his house on Christmas morning.
My husband bought me branch loppers once and it was the best present I've had, id be pleased with a spade ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Heโ€™ll be digging his own by giving her that .. quite literally.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This wasn't me but a friend of mine once got a large slab of chocolate and a celebrity fitness DVD from her inlaws for Christmas. Mixed message or what!

In our office Secret Santa a couple of years ago I got a pack of patterned post its. We're a paperless office. I would have rather had the ยฃ5!

• Haha
My MIL tries to buy me household stuff every single year. Husband gets whiskey and gift vouchers and every year she asks him if I need like different kitchen sets (a toaster kettle combo one time, another time a frying pan). She always seems irritated when husband suggests just getting me perfume or a voucher for a massage.

Why do people think women especially like 'stuff for the house'??

Edit - BTW I do realise some people have cooking, baking etc as a hobby. She knows by this point that I am not one of those people!

Reactions: 17
My MIL tries to buy me household stuff every single year. Husband gets whiskey and gift vouchers and every year she asks him if I need like different kitchen sets (a toaster kettle combo one time, another time a frying pan). She always seems irritated when husband suggests just getting me perfume or a voucher for a massage.

Why do people think women especially like 'stuff for the house'??

Edit - BTW I do realise some people have cooking, baking etc as a hobby. She knows by this point that I am not one of those people!
Iโ€™ve posted this before but I believe itโ€™s worthy of a repost here. My MIL bought her own daughter an ironing board for, wait for it, her 21st birthday! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20