Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

My2pWorth

VIP Member
My mum got me a pair of these satin eyelash slippers from Avon. They were so tacky, thin and didn't even fit properly and I'm not an 'eyelash type of person'. But the worst part was she had got them as a gift to me from the kids so I had to do my best 'oh wow they are amazing' act 😭 I didn't want to upset them or mum by telling the truth 😬

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Very traditional

VIP Member
So what’s a big gift in your eyes then. I think in this case you made him look bad
One year my current partner and I had made an agreement not to buy proper gifts and just get a couple “little” things. I got him; jeans, couple hoodies, new shaver and clippers, pair of Adidas sambas which he loves, some after shave etc. Just wee bits n bobs.

I gave him this and he was sweating giving me mine... a box of Lush bath bombs, a SLINKY and a joke gift of a wee bell... for him to ring for me to make him cups of tea. (This was 100% a prank gift. He’s not a pig!)

He was absolutely mortified. I was a bit hurt and confused but tried to hide it. He took me out to shop the sales, dinner etc. Even now he cringes and get all red if that bell and slinky gift comes up.

I find it quite funny now and I guess he just had different ideas of “a couple small” gifts.

A bloody tea bell 🙄🙄🙈

Like the above poster I would also love to know what you'd buy each other normally, your idea of a few small gifts is more than me and my partner would do generally 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

EssieBessie

Chatty Member
I once got a Boots gift set from a colleague, who later told me she got it from a car boot sale. On the back it listed the 10 items that were meant to be inside, 7 of them were missing and the rest had been opened and used! 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

Auntsally

I asked my husband for some slippers. He got me some but said... "I had to get you a size 5-6 because they didn't have any 7-8's left". Unsurprisingly, they don't fit.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad

Fofoca

Chatty Member
Firstly, yes, I’m a bad person.

Two of the worst gifts I received were from the same person - photo magnet (?) of my friend’s kids and a desk calendar with photos of the kids each month.

Bless the kids but they’re not mine, I don’t want to see them every day!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Littleelf

VIP Member
A pack of sanitary towels from my nan when I was aged about 13...the horror of opening those in front of the whole family on Christmas day 😱

• Wow
  • Haha

Fanaff

VIP Member
A night in a premier inn for my 30th as I’d asked for a spa break....I will never ever let my husband live that down 🙄

• Haha

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Last year I said to my husband I’d like a new phone case with perhaps a photo of him and our dog on it or just our dog or even just a pretty one with my initials…
I open my present on Christmas Day to find a phone case (yay), personalised (on the right track so far)…. But the photo was just of ME STOOD OVER A ‘SLIPPERY WHEN WET’ sign pointing to my crotch 😂 why on earth would he decide to m choose that photo?!?!

The thing is, personalised cases are quite expensive so he literally wasted our money on something that is not safe for work lmao

• Haha
  • Wow

SamBamford

The mother in law gifted me at xmas two pasta plates I'd eaten off at hers and one was cracked.

• Wow
  • Haha

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
When I was turning 14, I was incredibly overweight and insecure. Low and behold my aunty turns up to a do for my 14th birthday with a lovely weight watchers scales as my gift. 😲

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

petitspois

VIP Member
I stopped doing secret santa when I got someone a really nice scarf and received a chocolate spanner.

• Haha
  • Wow

Fofoca

Chatty Member
The gift itself wasn’t bad. Actually, it was a massive bunch of beautiful flowers sent to my uni house. I was 18 at the time and these were my first flowers from a guy. This was before social media and camera phones. I had to actually phone people to come look at these amazing flowers. (Living in a student village at the time.)

Cut to the next day, and I get my own phone call…..it’s the police. “Hello, are you x of address?….and have you recently been sent flowers from flowershop? Can you give us details of who sent you the flowers?”

Turns out Romeo had stolen someone’s card and to test it worked decided to send me flowers. Police said they cost nearly £200, 20 years ago!!! I had to keep it on the floor cos we didn’t have a table or counter big enough to display it.

And omg the absolute shame - “Sorry officer, i only know his first name. No I don’t know where he lives.” I handed over his number but that was a dead end for them. No surprise but I never heard from him again. Police grilled me quite a bit but eventually accepted that I was a fresher gone wild lol

So. Stolen gift = bad gift

• Wow
  • Haha

SamBamford

MiL gave me a half used box of cling film one xmas. In the past she's given me one pasta plate, a well used wok with the remains of the last meal in it, and easter egg at xmas after she's already eaten the contents. She has photo corner in her flat with all the family there except me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Slaybutter

VIP Member
It’s honestly fine we laugh about it all the time.
My husbands mum though takes the piss. One year she gifted me some THONGS she had got herself. But they never fit her so she sent them my way.
She wrapped 2 out of the 3 pack up 😭 what do you even say to a gift like that?
Thank you for excluding the third one! 😂

• Haha

Rue Git Le Couer

Chatty Member
2 years ago I was unwell & going through medical procedures over Christmas so as my present my sister in law got me a book about a woman with cancer 🙈
She said it was to make me appreciate how other folk have it much worse than me. I get her point & the book was actually inspiring but ffs, a bar of chocolate would have been more appreciated when I was feeling like shit!!

• Wow
  • Haha

HarryToby

You know those big posters behind the perspex screens at bus stops, for advertising?

One of them. A huge poster advertising Mentos mints.

Don't ask. I have no idea. My sweet but very mentally ill aunt thought it would look good on my wall 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Every year my mum gets me pyjamas, but the kind where the top has a pic of glittery kittens or cross eyed teddy bears. Basically the kind of motif that if I wore them it would guarantee I never got any action.ever.again 😄.

• Haha