Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mammaof3

VIP Member
Not the worst birthday present but a re-gifted one from a friend at work.

I knew it was re-gifted because I gave her it her for Christmas 8 mths before.

I didn't have the heart to tell her because she was so nice presenting it to me in the office. lol

Pissed myself telling hubby later at lunch though. (he worked in a different dept.)

Reactions: 1

Clickbait

VIP Member
My relatives like to offer gifts, but only if they know they can do them cheaply. I remember for my wedding, even since before I was engaged I had my heart set on this local baker who made beautiful cakes. I knew I wanted her to do my wedding cake if and when I got married.

My aunt immediately, once I'd started wedding plan, said she wanted to get my cake. I said oh thats nice and she started going on about this man who her husband knew who worked part time in a kitchen and made cakes sometimes. They all looked terrible, the pictures she had. My mum was so awful about it, saying it was rude and that she was being very generous (!?!) - this guy was clearly going to do the cake for like £20. I ended up saying while it was a nice offer I would pay for the cake myself as I had already been in contact with someone local (a lie, I hadn't yet).
Did she buy you another gift or was that it?

A friend and I made another friend’s wedding cake as they were on a strict budget. Ending up costing us about £60 each as we needed to buy the tins, stands, dowels, piping bags, boxes to transport etc. along with ingredients to do trial runs. I’m sure this man would have had all the bits already so far cheaper for him to produce one.

anniemouse

VIP Member
I got a balloon modelling kit and some retro (read Swizzels Love Hearts shit) in a secret Santa once.

• Haha

Sardine

Chatty Member
My ex partner was 28 when I was 18 🤢 his mum once bought me a little mix makeup kit meant for little girls. I wanted to headbutt her. 😒

Same ex gave me a Calvin Klein Blue perfume set from the 90s which was left at home by his sister when she moved out . He had lizards and fed them live crickets. One of the crickets must've escaped and died inside said perfume set because when I opened it I was greeted with the cricket corpse. I need to stop thinking about this now as I might implode. 🤢😠
Dolce and Gabana not Calvin Klein! Sorry x

Tui

VIP Member
My husband once got a Google Play voucher for our work secret Santa. Never found a use for it

Dipdab

VIP Member
Not me but my husband was given a hip flask this Xmas from a close relative - he doesn’t drink (and this is well known) 😅🤷‍♀️