Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
Nathania Ong announced as the new Eliza in Hamilton! Thrilled for her, one of the best Eponines ever, and such a talent

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Mark81

VIP Member
First preview last night, and he already has composed his thoughts, written a script/notes, filmed, edited and uploaded?

Yes that sounds conducive to quality insightful content, and not just one raving narcs ramblings.

Some early reports on theatreboard if you prefer

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I’ve spent a few mins scrolling theatreboard and found it full of snobbery, so got out of there quick. It’s not for me.
It's a horrible forum.

I think one problem is a lot of them live in/near London and are able to go to shows whenever they want at the drop of a hat, using apps like TodayTix to keep it afforable for them.

This won't be a relatable lifestyle to the vast majority of the population but they don't seem to care, and I think that accessibility has given them the most unpleasant sense of self importance.

• Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
I completely understand that. I loved being moved round to fit the stage. And got a hand out from the march which I've kept 😂
It's great they can cater for everyone
My husband and I did standing and ended up in the Hot Box seats for Take Back your Mink. Was a hoot! He was delighted.

• Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
I agree with others. We used to survive shows without constant booze and food. If you can’t last the run time of an act without either then I’d suggest you need to speak to a professional. I’m actively put off shows now because people have forgotten how to behave.

leabytottle

VIP Member
Title puts me off. Kind of sounds like some 00s romcom. Haven't we got past everyone desperate to be in relationship
It looks like a 90’s/early 00’s play- not in a good way. I saw a few songs they did a while ago, with Lucy and Toby as part of the actual singing. Trying to emulate the success of Six, will be very tricky, and unfortunately, but doing something completely different, it’s backfired.
It looks like they were heading towards a deadline to provide a synopsis and a few songs, panicked and thought that writing about dating and broken hearts would be relatable, and threw this together!

• Sad

kev1974

VIP Member
TWO films?! Oh count me out 🤣🤣
yep

to be released exactly a whole year apart

feck knows why, Oppenheimer proved that modern digital era Hollywood is perfectly capable of post-producing a 180minute long film and cinemas are capable of exhibiting it, so it can't be a "too much story" issue, has to simply be that they think they will get double the ticket income that way, I think they'll be proved wrong.

DrNooo

To be fair, it's not my sort of thing anyway but Why Am I So Single was horrendously bad at WEL. I feel sorry for the peformers, I don't think anyone could save that material. It's like a really embarrassing relic dug up from the mid-late 1990s and while 90s nostalgia has been popular lately, I fear the powers that be behind WAISS have tapped into the wrong bits of it that nobody remembers fondly!
I'm annoyed that I bought a matinee ticket for this in the presale on the basis that I like seeing new shows, but currently about 2 minutes into watching the West End Live extract and it's annoying me already. True, I'm probably at least 20 years older than the target audience but it's so grating and so I've booked to see Hello Dolly for the same evening to cleanse my ears.

• Haha

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
Controversial opinion, I don't consider Patti Lupones noise as singing lol
I always feel like it’s the Emperors New Clothes with Patti. So many people have gone on about how good she is that I was meant to just agree even though my ears said otherwise!

Reactions: 4

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

You even had to sneak water in though back in the day and if it's a long sit that's not always great for everyone. More bottles of water equals less sweet wrappers rustling!

Mark81

VIP Member
Just announced Hercules (ie based on the Disney movie) will go into Drury Lane next year, it seems from Theatreboard that there was some drama over whether or not that should go ahead and it was briefly cancelled out of concern over sales and now is back on? Intrigued by that one
Yeah, there also seems to be a 'we've not really heard of it therefore there's no audience' attitude on there. It really is an awful forum.

I wonder how much truth there is to that though as the Mr Barnaby character gets really defensive if he is ever wrong so I don't know how much he 'knows' and how much he learns second hand and fills in the blanks

Mark81

VIP Member
Do you think they'll be a Norma Desmond style dramatic moment when the spotlight hits him?

• Haha

Scottishfalpal1

VIP Member
Does anyone follow, or seen, the Shaun Tossell/Theatre Fan blog?

Its such an odd, bordering pointless blog. Majority of his stuff he takes from online forums, constantly uses 'has been rumoured' with no insight into sources or how the rumours came about. And then yesterday he hilariously posts about a Moulin rouge uk and international tour that the show itself confirmed almost a week ago. It's almost like a parody of a bad blog at this point.

He’s part of the Mickey jo clique. Says it all really

Oh is Joel back in Hamilton? Thought when he left for Just For One Day that was him done with KG

While he was good in Just For One Day, he was pretty bad when I saw him in Hamilton before

• Haha

BingoFlamingo

VIP Member
We saw Long Day’s Journey into Night yesterday matinee. It was excellent. Long, three hours plus interval but the first half at 1:20 flew by. Acting was superb all round. Second half was longer and the last 10mins I did desperately need the loo but otherwise again didn’t feel long. Beautifully acted. Front row wasn’t bad either, stage wasn’t too high and making eye contact with the cast is something to remember!

• Heart

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I really don't enjoy when she does these classical performances, to me I can see her concentrating to hit those notes and she isn't an actress. She basically played an exaggerated version of herself in sunset and cats isnt exactly an acting challengem
I respect your opinion.

That's the difference between here and the likes of theatreboard. I've never even bothered posting on theatreboard because people can't cope with different points of view, it's sad.

leabytottle

VIP Member
The title alone seems so outdated.
It reminds me of a gcse drama piece (a really bad one with the kids who took it to doss around in)

Or they’ve been given a deadline to create something on a parr 😜 with Six (which I do love) They panicked, couldn’t think of anything, so when they had to give their synopsis idea, they just said “relationships”.

I think it might start off selling well, as Six was such a huge success, people will buy knowing who it’s written by, especially due hard core six fans as Leesa is in it. I think it won’t stay the full run. If it wasn’t written by Lucy and Toby, there’s no way it would have made it this far. I also find Jo Fosters character very irritating