Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrankieDoyle

Evening all 😊 I have deliberately avoided this thread all week because I didn't want any spoilers but I have now binged watched the final series and I definitely wasn't disappointed πŸ’—πŸ’—. I have been addicted to the programme since series 1 and think it is one of the best programmes ever broadcast on television πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—. I'm so glad that the people I wanted to survive were there at the end. πŸ€— What I thought was very poignant was that in the opening scene on episode 1, Jacks Holt sung the theme tune from Prisoner Cell Block H and they finished with that song in the closing scenes πŸ’— I was in tears 😭...... and was glad to see Booms got her happy ending too πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—. Best series ever,
There are a few loose ends to tie up but that's okay because it opens the door for them to write another series (she says hopefully) πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œβ€β€

It was good to see Frankie, Bea, Kaz and Juicy in the outtakes at the end, πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

nbt

VIP Member
I’ve just finished it 😭 what a great fucking tv series.

Every time I watched one of the series, it reminded me of just how brilliant it was.

I’ve watched it yearly from day one, but last year I introduced my boyfriend to it and we watched it all in one go. Tried to avoid all spoilers until now and managed to do so, which is surprising considering I follow them all on Insta!

The characters are so well created. You have those you’re rooting for and then love to hate the others.

My favourites were Frankie, Boomer and Ferguson. And I was rooting for the threesome - Vera, Will and Jake.

I’m forever raving about it. I think it’s stayed strong throughout and never dipped. Amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

TheFreak

Was I the only one who thought it a bit boring? I mean they could have killed off a main character or something.
My friend literally text me the same thing last night, said its been the worst season for her. I agree a couple of episodes were slow but you gotta do what you gotta do to build it up! When I tell you I screamed when that bitch Ann got what she deserved! I woke the kids up 🀣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Warpaint

VIP Member
Was I the only one who thought it a bit boring? I mean they could have killed off a main character or something.
At one point I thought they may go for killing everyone off with the bomb. The only thing I didn't like was Lou getting caught and sitting like a pantomime villain on that chair at the end. Was good to see her get her face smashed in twice by Rita though.

Reactions: 6

FrankieDoyle

The worst scene for me was when the Freak had Juicy Lucy in the dentist chair 😡 I don't want to say any more because I don't want to give spoilers 😨

• Sick
Reactions: 5

TheFreak

Finally!! A WW thread 😍 Rita's gonna beat the hell out of Lou! I love them both though 😩 Lou's one liners are something else, she's nearly on par with Smiles 🀣

Rxt156

VIP Member
Thats interesting, how come?is it because it's the last season?
I loveeeddd Frankie and Bea. Not a fan of Rita/Ruby/Marie and Lou UGH!

The whole thing with Joan has gone wild it’s like they regretted writing her out and thought ooh let’s shove her back in in the most bizarre way. I’m going to rewatch earlier ones to remind myself that I used to love it at one point πŸ˜†

TheFreak

I actually like Joan shes one of the best characters IMO. Also can prisoners wander around at night dont they get locked in their cells in the Oz prisons?
I agree! I LOVE Joan (not that anyone can tell!) She had so much potential for back ground and flash backs and I think people would have loved to of seen it. Just to get an insight into why she's so warped and controlled and at times, emotionless. They normally get locked in their unit but cell doors remain unlocked. Bit weird if you're used to your counties ways but I'm not from Aus so I don't know if that's the normal thing?

FrankieDoyle

Loved Rita, Vera and Allie tonight πŸ’—πŸ’—. ... and the actresses that played Lou and the Freak were brilliant too. In fact, I just loved them all πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Reactions: 4

Awkward_Somber

Absolutely loved it. For me it's definitely one of my favourite final series and one of my favourite final episodes of all time. There was a great sense of it building for the season and I was so relieved that they actually blew the prison up as well.

I feel like Joan's line, "she killed my goldfish," is going to be something me and my gf quote at each other for ages.

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
OMFG, what an episode!
Poor Marie, but like they said, she came right in the end.
Agree there's alot still to wrap, I'm thinking ( or rather hoping) that the freak will die, then that surely that will be the end of WentworthπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Warpaint

VIP Member
Anyone else watching the last series?

Those early series were some of my favourite TV ever especially the Bea and Frankie rivalry.

Even though it's been going a while it has mostly kept up a decent quality which is pretty rare for a show.

TheFreak

I think it went a bit down hill when Franky and Bea left.
I agree but I felt like Frankys second stint in was a bit too far fetched at first. Then it all clicked into place but the escape thing would never have happened. Those prisoners have too much access to non access places 🀣 I get it's a drama show but some things are not believable enough. However, still the best show I've watched for years πŸ˜‚

TheFreak

Do you think Joan is in love with Vera?
I think, in some far out there style...she's her mother! Would explain the attachment, the not getting Vera into trouble and "a child needs her mother" I know she was talking about Grace but..if they do another series to tie up the loose ends...you never know 😁