Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
Surely those texts prove

-Colleen was right to suspect BV
- BV was fully aware before the Wagatha Christie post that CW was selling stories and had ample opportunity to stop doing so as it was clear it was upsetting Colleen
- that BV is a nasty two faced insult to sisterhood
- that Colleens allegation of it being BVs account is wholly accurate?

Dunno what BV is wanting, an apology for being caught out?? A book deal? No wag or celeb will ever touch her now. Apart from Nicola McClean. Right…

As for Vardy the husband, he was lying when he said Rooney had a word. He just didn’t pass on the message. Rooney mentioned who told him to speak to Vardy. It’s a lot of people to pull into the lie under oath. I believe Rooney.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
Jamie Vardy has blasted Wayne Rooney's 'nonsense' claim that he was asked to tell his wife Rebekah Vardy to 'calm down' at the Euros 2016.

In a statement outside the hearing, the Leicester City player's representatives said: 'Wayne is talking nonsense.

'He must be confused because he never spoke to me about issues concerning Becky's media work at Euro 2016.

'There was nothing to speak about, I know this because I discuss everything with Becky.'

In other words, Becky tells me what to say and what to do. I am Becky's bitch.

• Haha
  • Wow

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I’m so grateful I’ve been able to live through this court case, it will go down in history 🤣🤣
I love the Rooneys, always have from Wayne’s early everton days. I live a stones throw away from where they’re from and it sounds so cringe but I’m so proud of them🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

HaloGirl

VIP Member
From Sky: Also in court, of course, was the lemon-suited, bun-haired Vardy, whose husband was also not looking at her, given he was again not there.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Well,I think Coleen has acted with total dignity,she wanted to settle out of court but cunt features wanted her taste of fame dressed up to the nines etc..looks a cunt and is.

• Heart
  • Haha

Kindness is Free

I don't really think that any of us, that is, members of a gossip website, can judge Rebekah for leaking gossip really.
I guess we're only gossiping about info already in the public domain, and not selling stories about our friends and colleagues just for kicks though. Gossiping is fine, but it's not a paid job for me. So I'll carry on judging her for her behaviour

• Heart

Kindness is Free

Jamie Vardy has blasted Wayne Rooney's 'nonsense' claim that he was asked to tell his wife Rebekah Vardy to 'calm down' at the Euros 2016.

In a statement outside the hearing, the Leicester City player's representatives said: 'Wayne is talking nonsense.

'He must be confused because he never spoke to me about issues concerning Becky's media work at Euro 2016.

'There was nothing to speak about, I know this because I discuss everything with Becky.'

In other words, Becky tells me what to say and what to do. I am Becky's bitch.
Ah, so that's why he's been wheeled out today! He's been dragged along as they knew what Wayne was going to say (because that's what actually happened), and it's his job whilst not being under oath to deny it!

Interesting how apparently everyone has lied during this trial, apart from Becky herself, who's been bullied and intimidated throughout. And she never lies. Apart from when it's proven she did, but that's ok because she always had good reason. I hope to goodness she never meets up with Alice Evans because those 2 together would blow up the world to get attention!

• Haha
  • Heart

Ennui

VIP Member
Personally I think it's very selfish of them to take a day off now they've got us all hooked.

• Haha
Reactions: 63

caremum

VIP Member
Would be hysterical if he dumped her in a few year when the boys are up for a dollybird and had a baby girl with her
why the obsession with gender. She has gorgeous sons whom she seems to adore. Take it from me they all wreck your head regardless of gender as you try and raise them properly

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Weathergirl

Chatty Member
For my tuppence-hapenney-worth (giving away my lancastrian roots, sorry) regarding Colleen Rooney. I have always really liked her. She was the natural, girl-next-door who married her childhood sweetheart, and probably married him for the right reasons as his looks didn't matter at all to her. As for her staying with him despite his cheating, my take on that is her Catholic faith and her core values. She knows how to forgive, and just because someone cheats, you don't instantly stop loving that person. There is only one scenario where I could imagine Colleen leaving Wayne and this is were he to hurt one of their children.
I reccommend you all watch "Rooney" on Amazon Prime. It certainly reinforced my view of her, even if you are not a football fan it is well worth a watch.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Coleen Rooney's barrister has a pop at Jamie Vardy, telling the court: 'Though he didn't provide witness evidence inside, he was willing to make statement about Wayne Rooney's "nonsense" claims OUTSIDE court'

:LOL:

• Haha

cee-bee

VIP Member
He was also attacked and accused of being stupid for his appearance and for being working class.
The British media/tabloids are horrendously classist IMO. The really couldn’t stand to see working class people like the Rooneys, become national sporting heroes and enjoy a measure of success. Rooney was always depicted as stupid and unintelligent because he chewed gum when interviewing before games etc.

I still remember how Colleen was ridiculed for her puffer coat even though she was barely out of childhood and still in her school uniform in the bloody pictures. Who takes photos and runs stories on a schoolgirl to make fun of her, just because of who she’s dating?

Reactions: 61

Brah Day Izit?

VIP Member
Ok, I'm gonna put this out there. I don't think that when this trial ends, that will be the end of it..........
I'm inclined to agree. There have been accusations aplenty. Lying under oath for starters. The stories RV has clearly sold in the past could be open for retrospective litigation.

I think there is a can of worms ready to explode - and it won't be by the Rooney's doings.

C & WR will just be glad it's finished and they can concentrate on their family. I try not to judge people before I hear the facts and I knew little of the Vardys (what happened to the Hollywood film that Piers Morgan discussed in his interview with them?) and only really knew about the negative stuff in the press about Wayne's various misdemeanors with the older female members of our society. Yes, I had formed a judgment based on what I had read in the press and it wasn't favourable and I thought that CR was a fool for staying with him.

I've now followed this trial with a little more enthusiasm than is productive, considering my workload, and now come to my own conclusions

RV and JV are snakes of the highest order. RV has cited the bullying she has had to endure (not excusable under ANY circumstances) but continued to throw CW under the bus when they most likely paid her off to stay quiet. She is still listed as RV's agent. If I thought an employee of mine had done the dirty on me (which somewhat ironically is actually RV's defence) she would have been swiftly sacked for gross misconduct.

So many things still don't add up for me, but what I can conclude is I would much rather be CR than RV.

And if you haven't watched the Rooney documentary on Amazon prime do - it's a wonderful watch and gives you an understanding of the pressure that WR was under from a tender age and yet he still performed to the highest level. I especially loved the way they described him as a street footballer and when you actually watch the clips he is determined, feisty, and wants to win. There was never a harder working footballer on the pitch and his debut game is something to behold... I don't follow football but it gave me goosebumps. Most importantly though - you can see he is a family man through and through and he adores CR and takes accountability for his mistakes. That is refreshing in a culture where mental health and upbringing is too often cited as an excuse or reason.

I rather warmed to him. And CR is lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Wayne Rooney asked to speak to Jamie Vardy about his wife by England manager
Wayne Rooney is now facing questions from Rebekah Vardy's lawyer Hugh Tomlinson.
He is asked about Euro 2016, and whether Rebekah's husband Jamie Vardy was also part of the England squad.
Mr Rooney is asked whether "made-up stories" about rows emerge in the media, and says: "Possibly, it happens a lot, so it's a possibility."
He says he was pulled aside by a member of the FA staff by - the England manager and Gary Neville - and asked to speak to Jamie Vardy.
"They asked me to, as captain, would I be able to speak to Mr Vardy on issues regarding his wife and I think we all knew we spoke about it, it was an awkward subject."
Mr Rooney said he asked "him to ask his wife to calm down and not bring any issues off the field that was unnecessary."
Mr Tomlinson says: "Ask his wife to calm down - she wasn't dancing on tables!"
Mr Rooney says: "It was a lot of negativity amongst a lot of media coverage which as a group of players and as the manager of England he didn't want that to happen, so he asked would I be able to speak to Jamie and I went and done so."
Among the issues was the idea Rebekah Vardy had "some kind of column in The Sun," the court hears.
Mr Rooney says: "I think there was a few things at the time with Rebekah which the leaders of the team asked me to speak to Jamie about.
"I was at the understanding Rebekah had a column in the sun newspaper and as I state... I obviously had better things on my mind.
"It was obviously awkward for me."

Edited to add, this is from sky news live stream
I think BV's lawyer is trying to land a hit on Wayne thinking he'll be dumb, but when someone is just telling the truth it comes across better than when someone is lying and covering it up with hysterics and crying and making a massive tit of themselves. He has named names in his testimo y of the people who were concerned about BV and why. Her reputation is in tatters. Jamie is not going to want to go down with that sinking ship!

Multi-21

VIP Member
“I do understand the Vardy’s very real frustration at seeing Wayne and Coleen Rooney being presented as the whiter and white king and queen of respectability and privacy, when I know all too well their media manipulation and close relationship with the press over many years knows no bounds.”

what is Dan Wooton talking about? Since when has Wayne been presented as whiter than white in the media? They love it when women sell their stories about him. Has Dan had a bump to the head?!

• Haha

LtKit

Would be even more hysterical if she dumped him for a hardbodied toy boy, got a massive divorce settlement and a wee girl!!!

But personally, whilst it's not the choice I'd make, I don't get why people hate Coleen for not getting rid of Wayne. It's her life and her choice.
I'm confused by it, too. I have a lot of empathy for her. Coleen has been in the public eye since she was a teen girl thanks to Wayne. Paparazzi followed her when she was a schoolgirl. (Here's a link to the creep bragging about it) I can't imagine what it was like for her to learn navigate fame and scandal before she was an adult. She never made a mistake, but she gets criticized for her Wayne's mistakes. How unfair is that? It isn't like she makes airs out their dirty laundry and asks for sympathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
A nice little overview in The Independent today.

Great article! I love this bit especially.

'A word regarding the judge, Ms Justice Steyn, who has kept a remarkably low profile as the ringmaster of her own private circus. But she did interject at the end of Wayne Rooney’s evidence, to ask whether, as a follower of his wife’s private Instagram, he had personally seen any of his wife’s fake stories, made up for Vardy’s benefit.

For about five agonising seconds he looked completely confused, before his wife’s barrister, David Sherborne, interjected to tell the judge that the fake stories had only been seen by one account, Rebekah Vardy’s, which was, well, kind of literally the entire point of the three-year-long libel case that’s going to cost someone about 3 million quid.'
'Ah, yes,” she said. “That’s absolutely right.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58