Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cee-bee

VIP Member
Anyone who thinks this is juice needs to climb down from their high horse. Iv been at PLENTY of weddings where a bag has been thrown around. Before you all even suggest it - iv never put anything up my nose. This is a thread about V&J.
I’ve been to dozens of weddings and never once noticed a “bag being thrown around”!!! Not the time or place IMO. I’d be livid if someone did that at my wedding - not least because it contravenes the contract most venues have about drug use.

a wedding reception is to celebrate a marriage starting between two people. It often has a religious/spiritual element. It’s a formal event, one of the biggest and most significant events a couple will ever likely host...Absolutely not the time or place for that type of recreation. It’s not an effing music festival or a night out with the lads. Imagine being invited to an occasion like that and taking yourself off as a guest to get off your tits? So tacky, rude and thoughtless.

and if he was supposed to be DJing and was too off his face to do something he’d previously agreed to? Again, rude and classless on so many levels.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
It enrages me that people with a platform are silent on this. If I see that fucking UNICEF post again, I’ll explode. The head of unicef is married to a guy who is invested in an arms company, making money from this genocide but one post to tick the box and these fuckers move on with their day. And I like Joanne, but as others have said, this is tone deaf and bare minimum.
I have to respectively disagree with you.
I don't feel that just because people have a platform they need to post constantly about it. I go to Instagram for some light relief, not to be constantly bombarded with images and text about it.

It's absolutely atrocious what is happening. But it deeply upsets me opening Instagram and seeing images of dead babies.
Does this make me a horrible person? I don't know. But honestly, it's how I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Princesssun

Chatty Member
That’s a ridiculous statement. She’s actually always with her kids. Way more than most of the instagram mams anyway. You can give out about a lot but not that to be fair.

Reactions: 41

Fitzytour

Well ladies, isn’t it great that you have the privilege of choosing not to see what’s happening. The amount of people whose mental capacity starts and ends with celebrity culture is astounding. But you know, Joanne’s handbags are a little expensive, let’s focus on that. 🙄
Sorry but the irony of you posting this on a gossip forum.

I feel completely helpless and horrified that I am baring witness to a genocide in real time and can do nothing to stop it. However, I will not feel guilty for choosing to check out from the news for a few days and protect my mental health. That is a privilege I have absolutely, but a privilege that I won't be shamed for either.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Well ladies, isn’t it great that you have the privilege of choosing not to see what’s happening. The amount of people whose mental capacity starts and ends with celebrity culture is astounding. But you know, Joanne’s handbags are a little expensive, let’s focus on that. 🙄
Oh give it a rest 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 38

SIXTYNINEDUDES!

VIP Member
You've 700 posts on a celebrity gossip site. Surely you could've used the time you wasted writing here to put some posts on Instagram to successfully end all wars? 🙄

As others said sharing the horrors of Gaza instead of her Christmas in Scotland would've made precisely zero impact and there isn't a person alive that doesn't know by now the horrors being inflicted or who would head to Vogue's page to get their information on the Gaza conflict.

In short: give it a rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

thrillhouse1

So I was at a friends house on Saturday for dinner and drinks and Joanne came up in conversation with the girls when a few of the lads told us about her boyfriend.. Alan.
we were at a wedding a few years ago and the groom had Alan as his personal trainer to get him shape for the wedding and they became close enough that he was playing golf and hanging out with his mates pre wedding day ..

the groom had gotten him to DJ after the band as well ..
so day of the wedding - which I was at .. the band were awful and got a hard time about forgetting words to songs etc and actually left the stage a bit early ... so someone was sent to get Alan on and kick off the DJ set ..
They eventually tracked him down to a room where a load of lads were acting the maggot ❄
and he (Alan) had done so much of it he bugged out and wouldn’t come down and play his set ..
Just stayed in the room

so someone ended up having to plug in their Spotify 😂

it ended up being a bit of a disaster and Alan was never seen again with that group 😂
Just thought I’d share here

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

captainkirk

Chatty Member
Not being funny but what is PCD and who is John robins? And how are they connected to Joanne? Thought I was on the wrong thread for a minute

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Nipslips

Chatty Member
So I was at a friends house on Saturday for dinner and drinks and Joanne came up in conversation with the girls when a few of the lads told us about her boyfriend.. Alan.
we were at a wedding a few years ago and the groom had Alan as his personal trainer to get him shape for the wedding and they became close enough that he was playing golf and hanging out with his mates pre wedding day ..

the groom had gotten him to DJ after the band as well ..
so day of the wedding - which I was at .. the band were awful and got a hard time about forgetting words to songs etc and actually left the stage a bit early ... so someone was sent to get Alan on and kick off the DJ set ..
They eventually tracked him down to a room where a load of lads were acting the maggot ❄
and he (Alan) had done so much of it he bugged out and wouldn’t come down and play his set ..
Just stayed in the room

so someone ended up having to plug in their Spotify 😂

it ended up being a bit of a disaster and Alan was never seen again with that group 😂
Just thought I’d share here
Anyone who thinks this is juice needs to climb down from their high horse. Iv been at PLENTY of weddings where a bag has been thrown around. Before you all even suggest it - iv never put anything up my nose. This is a thread about V&J.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
She said it a few months ago after processo express tour. She will take a year off to write a book and new show being 2024. She's making her coin with thr collab I cannot see anything wrong with it.
On a side note - I would love to read Joanne's book!! I think it would be brilliant.
She has had such an interesting life - adoption, eating disorder, building her comedy career, failed relationships etc etc etc

Reactions: 27

hereorthere

Chatty Member
Isn’t it desperate that we can throw money away on RTE and other shite but small children (and big children and adults) are neglected when they need services like this? I’d much prefer to pay €200 a year or whatever it is for mental health services than a fucking TV licence. Fair play to Joanne for highlighting it, even in this small way.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

irishjen

VIP Member
She has been doing single girl Sunday the entire time she's with by him. Sure she flew to Ireland last wk and was talking about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Carapop

VIP Member
Sorry but no. I don’t give a shite about the environment tbh. And none of that is revelatory.

You could make a similar argument about nearly everything possible to advertise anyway.

speak for yourself by all means but please only for yourself. If it’s important to you then by all means ensure your listening aligns with your values.

I’m sure they have their own values and lines they will and won’t cross.

If they were both vegans then I’d question their supporting the dairy council, otherwise I’m pretty meh about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25