Vitamins/supplements

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried Alforex probiotic? I’ve been recommend to try a probiotic to help balance my hormones which is possibly leading to my cystic acne
I don’t take probiotics but I do eat a lot of probiotic rich foods like miso soup, kimchi, etc. I eat a little bit daily and that has helped my digestion/gut health which has helped my skin, my overall health, immunity (never get sick) etc. read about gut skin axis. I also eat a lot of fibre rich food that are good for prebiotics. . I do get one hormonal zit sometimes but I change my skin care 2 weeks before period to focus on prevention.

I used to take crazy expensive probiotics and none ever helped me. But I have seen a girl I follow who swears by symprove probiotic but she also eats better for her digestion also.

a friend of mine cut dairy out and it’s helped her cystic acne. Not sure if that’s something you have tried.

Reactions: 1
I don’t take probiotics but I do eat a lot of probiotic rich foods like miso soup, kimchi, etc. I eat a little bit daily and that has helped my digestion/gut health which has helped my skin, my overall health, immunity (never get sick) etc. read about gut skin axis. I also eat a lot of fibre rich food that are good for prebiotics. . I do get one hormonal zit sometimes but I change my skin care 2 weeks before period to focus on prevention.

I used to take crazy expensive probiotics and none ever helped me. But I have seen a girl I follow who swears by symprove probiotic but she also eats better for her digestion also.

a friend of mine cut dairy out and it’s helped her cystic acne. Not sure if that’s something you have tried.
I’ve heard good things about symprove but it’s quite pricey.

I never thought dairy could be a problem as I do eat a lot of dairy product. Maybe I’ll start there.

thanks so much!

I’ve heard good things about symprove but it’s quite pricey.

I never thought dairy could be a problem as I do eat a lot of dairy product. Maybe I’ll start there.

thanks so much!
Don't want to give you false hope as our skin is all so individual, but cutting out milk made my acne manageable to the point of gone. I still have a lot of blackheads and oily skin, but a bit of tinted moisturiser and I'm good to go.

Has anyone tried Lion's Mane supplement in either powder or capsule form?

Reactions: 2
Don't want to give you false hope as our skin is all so individual, but cutting out milk made my acne manageable to the point of gone. I still have a lot of blackheads and oily skin, but a bit of tinted moisturiser and I'm good to go.

This may sound silly but did you completely cut all dairy products out or just stopped milk in cereal, tea, coffee etc and replaced for an alternative? I don’t know if I can live without chocolate (I’m aware this does not help acne)

Gosh, I have the same symptoms as some of you.
Totally exhausted for about three days about every six weeks. Other minor bits, inbetween.
They have done test after test and can't find a reason.

This may sound silly but did you completely cut all dairy products out or just stopped milk in cereal, tea, coffee etc and replaced for an alternative? I don’t know if I can live without chocolate (I’m aware this does not help acne)
Not at all! I love cheese! For me it was milk in tea, cereal, and also a glass every now and then like a big kid! Also I noticed that my generally clogged sinus totally cleared up too. I now use unsweetened soya milk in tea and cereal, but not in coffee because it goes into this weird spongey gross looking yoke (if you see it you'll understand).

I think it's something that's worth trying, because hey if it doesn't work, oh well, that's one thing tested and done. But if it does, it's a very easy change to make these days :)

I took the capsules for about a month and didn't notice any difference. I still have a load and keep meaning to restart so it will be interesting to see if I notice an improvement when I am back on it.

Anyone tried the viral acv gummies?
I used to take shots of acv for a long time and it never did anything for weight loss/bloating. Is that what you’re asking for? It’s supposed to help with other health benefits like lower cholesterol, help with insulin sensitivity. I stopped bc I was concerned with ruining my tooth enamel and throat bc of acidity.

Here’s an article about it:

I’m wary of any health trend on tiktok. So much is not regulated by the FDA in America so it’s like the Wild West. I’m all for food trends and fashion trends but most health and fitness things go unchecked and are usually by people who are not professionals and influencers who get paid to tout.

Has anyone taken Taurine? A friend swears by it but I tried it recently and felt unwell and jittery all day afterwards; which is the opposite of what it’s supposed to do!

Not at all! I love cheese! For me it was milk in tea, cereal, and also a glass every now and then like a big kid! Also I noticed that my generally clogged sinus totally cleared up too. I now use unsweetened soya milk in tea and cereal, but not in coffee because it goes into this weird spongey gross looking yoke (if you see it you'll understand).

I think it's something that's worth trying, because hey if it doesn't work, oh well, that's one thing tested and done. But if it does, it's a very easy change to make these days :)
I gave up cows milk in tea coffee and cereal because I found I felt bloated and uncomfortable when I did have it. I have oat milk now and I feel so much better for it, I would like to give up dairy completely but I’m too lazy lol

I tried Lions Mane and had a horrible allergic reaction. My skin was so itchy and red I felt like my skin was vibrating. Such a shame as I really wanted to feel the benefits you’re supposed to get from it. Turns out I have a mushroom allergy 👎🏻

• Sad
Great thread. Thanks for posting it. I’m reading along and nodding - like many have already said about themselves, I’m constantly tired/fatigued, awful anxiety and depression, brain fog and menstrual/hormone issues. Generally got a lot of horrible stress going on in life at the moment so some of it can’t be helped.

Did an at home blood test which showed I was potentially deficient in vitamin D. My mother in law swears by a high dose D3 supplement, but I’m not keen on tablets etc.

Anyway, it’s a wee bit pricey but I’ve started taking Floradix Immune Support tonic https://floradix.co.uk/product/floradix-immune-support/

It’s a high strength Vit D, B6, B12 formula. Take it once a day before a meal, been on it a month and it’s not made me feel magically 100% better but I do think it’s helping so will give it another few months.

Great thread. Thanks for posting it. I’m reading along and nodding - like many have already said about themselves, I’m constantly tired/fatigued, awful anxiety and depression, brain fog and menstrual/hormone issues. Generally got a lot of horrible stress going on in life at the moment so some of it can’t be helped.

Did an at home blood test which showed I was potentially deficient in vitamin D. My mother in law swears by a high dose D3 supplement, but I’m not keen on tablets etc.

Anyway, it’s a wee bit pricey but I’ve started taking Floradix Immune Support tonic https://floradix.co.uk/product/floradix-immune-support/

It’s a high strength Vit D, B6, B12 formula. Take it once a day before a meal, been on it a month and it’s not made me feel magically 100% better but I do think it’s helping so will give it another few months.
It's best to take a Vit D3 with K2 for better calcium absorption.

• Heart
I take this multivitamin. I assumed it would be best as get everything in one go but do people think it’s better to take things separately?

IMG_6625.jpeg
IMG_6626.jpeg

My gp reckons it takes at least 6 months for certain vitamins to work,

My gp reckons it takes at least 6 months for certain vitamins to work,
Looks like I’ll be trying this for a bit longer then 😂. But yes, I’d heard this - my dad is on thiamine therapy for korsakoff syndrome at the moment - he’ll be on the supplement for life now - but it’ll take 6 months or longer to get his levels relatively normal.

My optician mentioned it would be beneficial to take omega 3 supplements for my dry eyes.
I was wondering if this is good? It doesn’t mention dry eyes on the write up https://www.boots.com/boots-omega-3-fish-oil-1000-mg-food-supplement-180-capsules-10149643
A lot of places say you need to buy high quality supplements and I’ve looked at different websites but it’s like 30 days for £30 which just isn’t feasible for me.
It’s interesting that you say this as my optician this week told me I have severe dry eye which is causing blurriness rather than my prescription like I thought. He just gave me eye drops to use 8 times a day for the next couple of months and didn’t say anything about supplements. Definitely something to look into!