Vitamins/supplements

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

Couldn't see a thread on this.. basically I'm looking to "put myself first" and "take care of myself" a bit better this year after a pretty bad mental health crisis.

One thing I'm looking for is vitamin recommendations. I'm a woman and 30+.

I am b12 deficient and would ideally like vit d, ZMA and something for hair/skin/nails.

Can anyone recommend any brands?

Also any good hair care out there? I have long hair but it gets dry and needs some damage control.

Incase anyone is interested I have also:

Started daily walks for 30 minutes
daily 10 - 20 minutes YouTube workouts
8 glasses of water a day
Batch cooking instead of buying food on the go
Massage/facial every 3 months
Read a book for at least 2 hours a week
Listen to music everyday
Watch something funny everyday
Keep my spaces clean and organised

Feel free to add any self care tips etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hair care wise I use body shop Shea range. They do minis so it isn’t a huge outlay to see if it suits your hair type.
I have started taking super green powders and capsules which replace your five. Day . I use the next gen u range from Amazon. I also take their mango energy vitamins which I buy from eBay but not their eBay store as their cs is rubbish. I have noticed my skin is a lot fresher and brighter in the past month and I have more energy.
Good luck with your health kick.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hair care wise I use body shop Shea range. They do minis so it isn’t a huge outlay to see if it suits your hair type.
I have started taking super green powders and capsules which replace your five. Day . I use the next gen u range from Amazon. I also take their mango energy vitamins which I buy from eBay but not their eBay store as their cs is rubbish. I have noticed my skin is a lot fresher and brighter in the past month and I have more energy.
Good luck with your health kick.
This is a really great suggestion. Thank you!

Recently had a blood test and it’s come back normal. Woohoo. However I have had the worst fatigue and brain fog so I’m looking to take vits and supplements. I’m thinking high strength vitamin b complex, 2000 vitamin d and high strength magnesium. I don’t have a clue where to start though!

Recently had a blood test and it’s come back normal. Woohoo. However I have had the worst fatigue and brain fog so I’m looking to take vits and supplements. I’m thinking high strength vitamin b complex, 2000 vitamin d and high strength magnesium. I don’t have a clue where to start though!
Did you have a b12 test aswell?. My understanding is that they don't test this on a general blood test.

I have low b12 and when I don't take it I am so so so fatigued. No energy, brain fog and just all around fed up. Such a difference in taking it.

Did you have a b12 test aswell?. My understanding is that they don't test this on a general blood test.

I have low b12 and when I don't take it I am so so so fatigued. No energy, brain fog and just all around fed up. Such a difference in taking it.
No I don’t think they did as I was sure they didn’t test for that either. I’m thinking I’d I go for a B complex then all bases are covered. Would you recommend just b12?

No I don’t think they did as I was sure they didn’t test for that either. I’m thinking I’d I go for a B complex then all bases are covered. Would you recommend just b12?
It depends what you are lacking. If you are lacking b12 then deffo b12 but if you are not sure a complex seems to be a good way to go. I was taking other b supplements but found no difference as in a complex it's less concentrated. But that's because I have a particular deficiency in b12. You could always take a complex b but increase b vitamin in your diet?

It depends what you are lacking. If you are lacking b12 then deffo b12 but if you are not sure a complex seems to be a good way to go. I was taking other b supplements but found no difference as in a complex it's less concentrated. But that's because I have a particular deficiency in b12. You could always take a complex b but increase b vitamin in your diet?
Thanks, that’s really helpful. I’m going to give it a go because my brain fog and memory recall is appalling. I am also on 100mg Sertraline but my doctor said it’s unlikely to be that (I’m not so sure) so I want to give it a go.

Thanks, that’s really helpful. I’m going to give it a go because my brain fog and memory recall is appalling. I am also on 100mg Sertraline but my doctor said it’s unlikely to be that (I’m not so sure) so I want to give it a go.
Tbh if it's brain fog and fatigue you are suffering from they should have done a b12 test. If they won't do one you can get them done via online home tests of its something you want to know. Good luck!

I’ve recently started taking magnesium tablets at night (just ones from boots) and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my energy levels the next day

Reactions: 2
I stopped my vitamins for a while and now I'm suffering again.

Vit D, Magnesium Oxide, B12 and folic acid was my usual combination, which I've now started again of course.
They had me feeling good for a long while. Need a blood test check my levels but I suspect low folate again.

I’ve been taking an iron complex, vitamin d3, turmeric supplement & a few other vitamins as I’m in the same boat really, my mental health has been horrible & I’ve sort of really let myself go. A family member recommended taking some vitamins as my immune system is generally rubbish & I have a few problems with my stomach etc

I’ve been having this constant overwhelming feeling of fatigue / tiredness no matter how much sleep I’m having & it’s driving me mad. I can wake up at a decent time & an hour later I feel like I’ve had absolutely no sleep & could just knock out.. I’m confused tbh because I would’ve thought taking an iron complex (folic acid, b12, iron, vitamin c) would’ve helped a bit? I’ve been taking these now since well before November but I’m not noticing any change whatsoever, absolutely shattered all the time & I don’t know what’s wrong 😩😩. My hair is falling out so bad (I put shampoo in my hair and huge clumps are falling out, no matter what I use!!)
I just absolutely hate myself lately because I feel so lazy/worn out when I wake up & an hour or two later I feel this intense feeling of tiredness never experienced anything like this before lol

I’ve been taking an iron complex, vitamin d3, turmeric supplement & a few other vitamins as I’m in the same boat really, my mental health has been horrible & I’ve sort of really let myself go. A family member recommended taking some vitamins as my immune system is generally rubbish & I have a few problems with my stomach etc

I’ve been having this constant overwhelming feeling of fatigue / tiredness no matter how much sleep I’m having & it’s driving me mad. I can wake up at a decent time & an hour later I feel like I’ve had absolutely no sleep & could just knock out.. I’m confused tbh because I would’ve thought taking an iron complex (folic acid, b12, iron, vitamin c) would’ve helped a bit? I’ve been taking these now since well before November but I’m not noticing any change whatsoever, absolutely shattered all the time & I don’t know what’s wrong 😩😩. My hair is falling out so bad (I put shampoo in my hair and huge clumps are falling out, no matter what I use!!)
I just absolutely hate myself lately because I feel so lazy/worn out when I wake up & an hour or two later I feel this intense feeling of tiredness never experienced anything like this before lol
Have you been for a blood test?. I'm b12 deficient and bad to push for them to check that. I would start there to be honest!. It sounds alot a like my symptoms and taking b12 changed my life honestly. If I don't take it I'm like a zombie walking through life! If you are taking b12 as part of a multivitamin it's likely the dosage is not strong enough. The b12 I take is 1000mg for example. Get a blood test for deficiencies. Also check your iron levels.

• Heart

You really need a full blood work up.

• Heart
Hello, just wondered if anyone has tried spirulina or chlorella supplements, and did they notice any differences? I’m definitely a sucker for Instagram adverts 😬

Hello, just wondered if anyone has tried spirulina or chlorella supplements, and did they notice any differences? I’m definitely a sucker for Instagram adverts 😬
I’ve been using the free soul greens which has both of those in (among other things) and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my energy levels throughout the day when I have it in the morning vs when I don’t

It tastes absolutely disgusting though so I shot it in the morning on an empty stomach

I’ve been having the next gen u super greens powder and my skin looks better and I do feel better. Took a few weeks though.

When I was a vegan I was soooo on it with my supplements - I was on a multivitamin and collagen, and used to put nutritional yeast on everything - but since I’ve started eating meat again I proper let it go. I should start up again really. Anyone got any good recommendations for gummy vitamins? I always forget to take them nowadays unless they are effectively a sweet

Definitely get your bloods done and take this with a pinch of salt but it kind of sounds like hypothyroidis (really common btw). Hair loss, fatigue, and depression are all symptoms. It would show up in a blood test as well as any deficiencies (eg vitamin D) and other things it could be

Hi all,

Couldn't see a thread on this.. basically I'm looking to "put myself first" and "take care of myself" a bit better this year after a pretty bad mental health crisis.

One thing I'm looking for is vitamin recommendations. I'm a woman and 30+.

I am b12 deficient and would ideally like vit d, ZMA and something for hair/skin/nails.

Can anyone recommend any brands?

Also any good hair care out there? I have long hair but it gets dry and needs some damage control.

Incase anyone is interested I have also:

Started daily walks for 30 minutes
daily 10 - 20 minutes YouTube workouts
8 glasses of water a day
Batch cooking instead of buying food on the go
Massage/facial every 3 months
Read a book for at least 2 hours a week
Listen to music everyday
Watch something funny everyday
Keep my spaces clean and organised

Feel free to add any self care tips etc.
I’m older so my hair has gotten dry as I have aged. All my gfs are going through this. Lately I have been using oils and I add them to the ends before I sleep. Argan or jojoba. And before I wash my hair - usually once or twice a week max because go to gym a lot - I oil my scalp. Let the oil sit and then do a double shampoo to wash it out. My hair was softer and felt amazing. I went to Morocco once and the girl did a warm Argan oil treatment and my hair for rest of week was insane.

for regular vitamins - I take a high dose b12 once a week bc I’m plant based. cyanocobalamin that is sublingual or dissolved under the tongue.
i take vitamin D bc I am indoors a lot and wear sun factor daily.
calcium bc I don’t eat dairy.
Magnesium - helps with sleep and other functions. Sometimes I take a zinc and a omega 3

I went a bit crazy for a couple weeks tracking my nutrition to see if my diet was well rounded and if was getting a nice variety of vitamins and nutrients. It was a good reminder to eat diff colour veg and fruit as well as nuts and seeds. I eat a lot of high fibre foods - fiber really helps prevent a lot of health issues when people are older so I try to make sure I eat enough. Getting my nutrition in a good place along with regular daily exercise has changed so much - my mental health, physical health, confidence. It took years but that’s all that mattered - that I started taking care of myself

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried Alforex probiotic? I’ve been recommend to try a probiotic to help balance my hormones which is possibly leading to my cystic acne