Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I can’t remember if Charmaine was pregnant at the very beginning but was near enough & she is only 5 months? He has recovered from being shot helluva quickly also Mel had enough time to get together with Jack decide she wanted kids with him to discover he didn’t then go for IVF then waited what looked like a while before getting tests done after finding out she was pregnant. Charmaine split up with Jack married someone new in that time n then get dumped by him in that time. Is 1 month the equivalent of 6 in Virgin River??

• Haha
Reactions: 10

captainkirk

Chatty Member
Is it also a bit ridiculously far fetched that the new doctor is head over heels in love with Mel and he’s known her about 2 weeks?!?! Maybe I’m too cynical!

• Heart
I bloody want to live in virgin river - what a gorgeous place and what fun it would be!

im enjoying this season. Outrageously far fetched but I love it

Just finished the new series. I couldn’t bare to watch as it made me cringe but also couldn’t stop watching 🤣 Mel calling someone “sweetie, sweetheart or hunny” every sentence annoyed the F out of me 😂

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
Did Charmaine announce her pregnancy in S1? That’s hilarious, like an elephant’s gestation period!

The continuity errors are mad. Surely the actors pick up on it?

Damocles

Chatty Member
Havent finished it yet, getting through it slowly.

disappointing season so far.

Glad there is less of hope, Doc is much better without her.

To make up for hope, jacks annoying sister 🙄
I don't mind hope, I'm just finding the whole preacher/paige story an absolute ball ache.

• Haha

captainkirk

Chatty Member
It does seem quite far fetched that she made that impulse decision!
Big time! And the fact that the IVF just happened to work first time when she was in the city without her needing the huge amount of fertility drugs that women need to take in the lead up to having the IVF in the first place! They made out like it was as simple as her getting a manicure. Loved the first 2 series but this nonsense in the 3rd series really annoyed me!

Reactions: 9

marlaxo

Is it just me who finds Hope super annoying?! Nothing endearing about her! Jack is 😍 And I absolutely love where they film it, what a beautiful place. Makes me wanna run off to a log cabin with twinkling lights in a forest. Anyway, must stop dreaming and get back to reality, the dishwasher and ironing call 🤦‍♀️😂😂
Yes I am not a fan of her at all! I find she really exagerates all her facial expressions if that makes sense, and it annoys me!!

petitspois

VIP Member
I thought Martin Henderson was the sexiest guy I'd ever seen when I first saw him but you soon realise there's not much up top is there?

• Haha

BucketsOfTea

Are they all still going to be pregnant by the end?
For ever and ever and ever... elephants are pregnant for two years, Mel is aiming to go longer than that.

I roll my eyes at how syrup-y it is at times, but I'll still
be on the couch watching it looking for some
autumn cosy vibes.

• Heart

Aussie

VIP Member
I was annoyed at the lack of research regarding fertility treatment. Are we meant to believe Mels sister suggests she uses her frozen embryos then happens to have them transferred the next day. 🤷‍♀️

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
I just finished the 3rd season and I did still enjoy it for a nice, easy watch but agree with most people saying it wasn't as good and felt like this series was rushed through.

I know it's a fictional tv show but for such a small town an awful lot of drama/tragedy seems to happen:

Jack getting shot (I know that was the end of S2)
Doc getting diagnosed with whatever it was (can't remember the name)
Lilly dying - also what was with that? I know she had terminal cancer but she seemed fine that day, went for a nap and never woke up
Brie's miscarriage
Hope's accident
Preacher getting drugged
Mel's ongoing trauma/sadness from her husband dying and losing her baby and then the storyline with her getting pregnant at the end, how did that happen so quickly

Also as other's have said - what is up with Charmaine's non existent bump, she just looked like me after eating dinner. She must surely be ready to give birth anytime now. I'm kind of confused about the timeline for this series as a lot of big events happened but the twin baby bump hasn't grown :unsure:

And one last comment - Jack & Mel both just seemed so miserable the whole series. I know they had a lot going on but for a newish couple supposedly in love you would think they would at least smile or laugh every so often.

• Heart

Punchface

VIP Member
Avoided this thread until I finally managed to stay awake long enough and finish the series. God dammit. So bad again.

• Haha