Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her most recent video about not being able to graduate at Harvard in person bugs me. I really like her content, but, HELLO, she isn’t the only person that’s been affected by Covid. I had many projects last year that went down the drain because of Covid, and some more have been cancelled this year too. Plus my undergrad graduation will also take place online, too. Does it suck? Royally so. But I think it’s better to roll with the punches than making an online video saying that I dOnT GeT wHy I cAnT bE aT HaRvArD. Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t her mom a nurse, a FRONTLINE WORKER? Surely she should be aware of the titanic job sanitary workers have been under for a year bc of Covid, and that Covid isn’t just the thing that prevents her from going to Harvard?
She's completely detached from reality sorry. This is the case for anyone who has finished school or uni in the last 12 months, so literally thousands (millions? idk I'm bad with numbers) of students all over the world? She's giving Eve Bennett kinda vibes lately, who loves to pretend she's the only one affected by Corona measures as well.

Also OT but I never went to my undergrad graduation and don't plan on going to my MA graduation either (if that's even happening) and guess what - I'm still alive! :m Maybe cause I actually care about what I study and not (showing off) where my degree is from? We'll never know!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Masters are normally 2 years in the US, but it's not unheard of to do shorter ones and I wonder if she's been taking extra credit or something. I tried to find the info on Harvard's site but it doesn't seem to mention length for her masters.

Ok I found it, and the Ed.M which is what she's on I think is only one year.

Reactions: 3
no, they're usually 1 year in the US
nevermind, I just checked some of the programs I had looked at a few months ago, and apparently it widely differs among Unis and programs. At Columbia a stand-alone MA in Sociology is one year, whereas at the New School it's two years. So strange lol

lol the part near the end where she "cries" about not getting to be a cheerleader or walk around campus like god get a grip

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
lol the part near the end where she "cries" about not getting to be a cheerleader or walk around campus like god get a grip
Thing is she could have waited for those opportunities, and she made this very clear in her video when she finished oxford but no she decided to commit to it online therefore she knew what she was signing up too, like fair enough if you were an undergrad who didn’t get a graduation but duck me

Reactions: 15
Honestly, I wouldn’t haven taken the spot. Everyone with a brain knew Covid wasn’t going to just go away but rather get worse at the end of 2020 / beginning of 2021. And there’s so much more to it than just Harvard but the whole experience of living in the US, the extracurriculars, all the networking etc. Online uni is bad enough but add on the time difference? No no.

She could have taken this year to do other things (Youtube or Masters Degree related) and re-apply. I’m pretty sure she would have gotten in again and perhaps would have been able to at least go there at the beginning of 2022

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I came here to ask when she became friends with Yara Shahidi? I know Yara is going to Harvard as an undergrad so how did her and Vee become friends? Yara doesn't even major in anything close to what Vee is doing. I am a graduate student and I don't often mingle with undergrads, much less online. It makes me wonder if Vee sought her out because she's constantly posting her in a similar way in which she did with Malala. Just some thoughts...

• Heart
Theeere she goes again with the not being able to graduate from Oxford. I’m finishing uni this year too, and I most likely won’t have a graduation either. So what? I’ll be happy enough about having finished my degree with good grades as I (hopefully) will have done by June. Sure, graduation and an end-of-uni trip, as is the tradition in my country, would have been cool, but I’ll count my blessings if I can go to a celebratory dinner with my closest (read: nuclear) family and perhaps some of my friends.

Reactions: 8
Yeah lol literally every UK uni student who "graduated" in 2020 didn't have a ceremony, not that deep

Loving this ratio calling out her clickbait though

Screenshot_20210329-193618.png

Reactions: 14
I don't understand how her Master's degree is not even a year long as she said she'll finish in May or June? It seems like she doesn't even have to write a dissertation? Unless she does and just hasn't mentioned it?

Reactions: 2
I don't understand how her Master's degree is not even a year long as she said she'll finish in May or June? It seems like she doesn't even have to write a dissertation? Unless she does and just hasn't mentioned it?
I think the American system is very different, can’t say I’ve followed what she’s done closely apart from her covid rule breaking and then her stupid saying

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Has she really had a Harvard trophy made...? 🤭
can someone confirm!? Harvard doesn't actually give you a trophy after you finish right? (non-american here)

If so that's so disgustingly self congratulatory hahahahaha is she even real