Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s received an honorary doctorate from uni of bradford… sorry I just don’t get it, what am I missing ☠
Wait, this isn’t a piss take? This is the big announcement she’s been talking about?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm almost certain Vee won't finish this PhD now. We all know she's been hunting the title and not the output of a doctorate... now she has the perfect excuse to gracefully bow out after a year (too busy being a saint outside of academia etc. etc.) and she'll still get to be Dr Vee with 1/4 of the effort 👀

View attachment 2858769

Also Vee's comment about only being 8 months in and how surprised she was to get notification of this title doesn't do much to hide the fact she's either pissed that this didn't come sooner or she didn’t think of it as a potential shortcut to Dr...

Next stop Dame Dr Vee OBE MBE T.W.A.T?!
I definitely think she'll not finish her actual PhD either. Why would she, when she can use the title now? It's a mockery really. She has no real experience in the field.
---
1000022696.png

1000022697.png

1000022695.png

Wait, this isn’t a piss take? This is the big announcement she’s been talking about?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
For what it's worth, she can't use the title 'doctor'. While she might technically have a PhD (it's actually a DUniv, not a PhD), it's widely accepted that you can't use the title if you didn't earn it. I imagine if she starts posting about being a Doctor on her Instagram, she'll get a lot of backlash.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
For what it's worth, she can't use the title 'doctor'. While she might technically have a PhD (it's actually a DUniv, not a PhD), it's widely accepted that you can't use the title if you didn't earn it. I imagine if she starts posting about being a Doctor on her Instagram, she'll get a lot of backlash.
From her non arse licking followers. Can’t imagine her followers (a lot of them) know this. Can you imagine graduating on the same day. They usually make them speak and usually they’re good…. Untill Vee turns it into me me me

Reactions: 5
...that caption is out of this world.
Exactly. I'm all for people being self-motivated and acknowledging their successes, but Vee has a caption like this every week, she keeps talking about making her daddy proud, her mummy proud and she keeps using CAPS LOCKS to emphasise words about how shocked and surprised she is, about how excited she is etc. Does she not realise she sounds far from humble? Because in her head I think she thinks she is humble...but she comes off as a MASSIVE bragger. But I could almost forgive that if she had actually achieved something but so far she's an influencer who did essay crisis vlogs and had run a handful of events where she shares affirmations. But that's not teaching, that's not educating in the actual chaos of the education system. Going abroad to do a keynote speech is not actively participating in educational policy. It's all buzzwords and handclaps 👏👏👏✌✌✌🙏🙏🙏

I have to wonder if her friends secretly think 'stop showing off' as they struggle with their degrees and jobs like the rest of us. I'm not jealous, but fascinated, because I remember when she was just a normal student doing all nighters to get essays done. She's managed, with PR help to pivot into some global educator (who has no substance). But alas she has all this stuff on her CV that looks good on surface level so her grift will last a long time and she'll get invited to the right places etc. She's set up for life. BAFFLING!

People watching is fascinating but can be so annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
A quick Google suggests she is far from the youngest person to receive an honorary doctorate in the UK - a 17-yr old British Bangladeshi woman received one in 2020. It’s including that sort of stuff (‘Rumour has it I’m the youngest EVER’) that makes her come across as intolerable. There’s no way the uni wouldn’t have known that and a literal five second Google search shows that what she’s saying isn’t right, but so many won’t fact-check her.

Reactions: 11
A quick Google suggests she is far from the youngest person to receive an honorary doctorate in the UK - a 17-yr old British Bangladeshi woman received one in 2020. It’s including that sort of stuff (‘Rumour has it I’m the youngest EVER’) that makes her come across as intolerable. There’s no way the uni wouldn’t have known that and a literal five second Google search shows that what she’s saying isn’t right, but so many won’t fact-check her.
Wonder if she’s bending the truth and what she means is from Bradford? But again that seems unlikely

Reactions: 6
Wonder if she’s bending the truth and what she means is from Bradford? But again that seems unlikely
Yeah I read it that way as she said ‘in their history’. I mean, HDs aren’t super common anyway so I can believe she’s the youngest to be awarded it from that particular uni

Reactions: 3
I’ve asked before and I’ll ask again… what has she actually done? Those bullshit workshops can’t be it… Honorary doctorate for riding Malala’s coattails?

Also the way she uses the fact she worked at McDonald’s as a point to emphasise how hard she’s come is irrationally annoying to me. Most students have jobs in hospitality or retail alongside studying. She talks about it like she was dependent on that job and had to struggle for a way out of it, etc etc.

Reactions: 17
I’ve had it with her. As a PhD student myself (one who is all but starting to give some little conferences here and there when I get the chance, and one who knows I’m just starting to dip my toes into my subject - JUST AS ANY PHD STUDENT OUT THERE), I’m disgusted at her getting an honorary PhD. She has hardly done anything remarkable besides gloating online 24/7 and telling the same sob stories over and over again. She hasn’t done anything nor does she have the knowledge needed to be called a Doctor.

Reactions: 13
And now it is her birthday and she is posting captions like "happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeee"

Get over yourself, love!

Doubt she'll be shouting about the University of Bradford once she gets the Honorary Degree

Honestly that honorary degree is such a disrespect to all the people who invest tons of money and time to actually study there. I would be legit pissed off.

Reactions: 11