Do you like Valentines day?

• yes

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • don't give a damn

Votes: 33 50.8%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you and your partner celebrate it or are you a 'we don't need to show our love on valentines day, we show it all year round' kind of couple?

do you single people buy yourself a little gift?

do you buy your best friends/kids a gift?

Personally I'm not too bothered by Valentines I don't go all out etc just a card and a small gift is enough IMO and yes I do treat myself to a gift, why not! :ROFLMAO:

my feelings towards valentine’s day are summed up in these two images:

88BC9E97-AADC-4AB6-B00C-1EF6C40B6659.jpeg

8100B323-C3B9-44D1-85CE-0D36033B5D2F.jpeg

but i am also single so 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m a fan! 😂

I bought flowers for my friend, but sent them earlier and told him so. They are orange roses, not red as I thought it would be weird if he got a hand tied bunch as he’s already married.

For my single friend I bought him two items he wanted from his whist list.

Last time I wrote each of my old friends a message why I loved them. I’ve done stuff for my sisters too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me and my partner are very low key. We do a funny card and a small gift, cook a nice dinner indoors.

I'm pretty sure Valentine's day is meant to be for singles. However it seems cutesy couples have very much hijacked it.

Reactions: 6
My partner and I have plans to go to our favourite sushi restaurant (is it too early to call and book it?), and exchange a card and small gift. My partner has a strict clean-eating diet and goes to the gym (and neither of us really want or need anything small because Christmas wasn’t too long ago), so instead of chocolates I’ve got him a selection box of protein bars and a multipack of protein shakes. 😅💕

Reactions: 2
Been married (almost) 4 years and first time I’ve told my husband not to bother this year. Mostly for selfish reasons because his birthday is near the 14th and it’s already hard enough to buy him something for that and then Valentine’s Day too. I’d rather save money 😅

• Haha
I don’t mind it, it doesn’t bother me 😂 we usually get each other something, only something little like chocolates and a funny card from moonpig or thortful. My bf either usually cooks or we have a takeaway, this year i thought we’d spice it up a bit and go for a meal but he’s got a darts tournament that day so we’re not celebrating this year 🤣🫠

Reactions: 1
I don’t mind it, it doesn’t bother me 😂 we usually get each other something, only something little like chocolates and a funny card from moonpig or thortful. My bf either usually cooks or we have a takeaway, this year i thought we’d spice it up a bit and go for a meal but he’s got a darts tournament that day so we’re not celebrating this year 🤣🫠
How's he getting on with his darts?

I get my partner a card and I get flowers or chocolates but I’m really not that fussed. We are friends with a couple who go all out. They do their house up with flowers, balloons, rose petals, candles and cook a nice meal with champagne (that they have once the kids have gone to bed) I actually think it’s sweet as they have been together a long time now. I’m too lazy for all that though 😅

Reactions: 3
I've got a little tradition where I watch a horror film at some point on Valentine's day. That should tell you my feelings on the celebration. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't give a rats ass about this day, however it's a good time to buy a Kindle because Amazon will drop
the prices again.

• Haha
Yes to having a thread on this. Ok so this year It’s my first ever valentines not being single and first a relationship. I am not sure how to play it as my boyf has said he is organising something but he seems stressed. Is it a male led thing? Do people discuss what to do? our first anniversary is in March so I’d rather put money and effort towards that. I’ve bought him a card and some little bits but I don’t know how to play this at all.

This is my first valentine's day as a single for 22 years, my OH buggered off last June, came home one evening and said he was leaving, I had no idea this was coming.

So I am trying to avoid all things Valentine (apart from this thread).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
This is my first valentine's day as a single for 22 years, my OH buggered off last June, came home one evening and said he was leaving, I had no idea this was coming.

So I am trying to avoid all things Valentine (apart from this thread).
In the same boat almost identically 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh my, single women... I could be in with a chance here, mind you no one would want to
date a man who has been single for 32 years. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: