Valentines day

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love valentines! We don’t usually go all out but we make an effort for a yummy dinner and we get the kids cards and chocolate. This year we’ll be in Disneyland paris over valentines so I’m looking forward to seeing if they do anything cutesy out there! (We didn’t plan it for valentines btw just coincidence😂)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I go around shops muttering “duck off” at all the valentines crap shoved in my face. That should tell you how I feel about the day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My husband is just like Pingu in the pictures above - not into Valentine's day but will (grumpily) do something for me! This year we're having dinner at home and going to the theatre

I love valentines! We don’t usually go all out but we make an effort for a yummy dinner and we get the kids cards and chocolate. This year we’ll be in Disneyland paris over valentines so I’m looking forward to seeing if they do anything cutesy out there! (We didn’t plan it for valentines btw just coincidence😂)
Getting your children cards and chocolate on Valentine’s Day is absolutely adorable. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We don’t make a huge deal of it. Our wedding anniversary is on the 15th so we tend to celebrate that instead - nice meal out, small gift and cards.

I do like to give my young sons a card and something sweet on Valentines Day like a cupcake or chocolates.

Reactions: 3
My dad has got me a single rose every valentines since I was born. It means so much more than what my OH gets just because he feels he has to ( though I am grateful for them)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh to actually have a valentine 🤣
I was in Sainsbury’s and heard a mother call for her son Valentine. So cute 🥰

---

I go around shops muttering “duck off” at all the valentines crap shoved in my face. That should tell you how I feel about the day 😂
I’m also happy for the half price chocolates the minute it’s over!!! My father does the same thing with Easter. We only got eggs when they were on sale.

When me and my partner first started talking ages ago before getting together he said he didn't do valentines day

Then last valentines day he gave me a card and a small gift so I was totally unprepared and had to say I forgot his gift in a rush to his house as I hadn't gotten him anything, so when I went home I got him a card and Teddy the day after the actual day 😅.

So I'm not sure what to get him this year, I just want something small and inexpensive.

I've always just done valentines with my daughter haha and she's easy to please.

First one with my boyfriend so I feel like I should make at least a bit of an effort - and he’s a right soppy bugger so I know he will too

Side note though, when I was single I thought it was the biggest load of money-wasting bollocks going - duck sake, what have I become 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm single, so no valentines for me, to be honest I only want one so someone can buy me these
Screenshot_20230129-204802_Chrome~2.jpg

Though if I'm waiting too long 🎵I can buy myself flowers🎶

• Heart
Reactions: 7