Urine infection-UTI help

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Take a big dose of vitamin C supplements, UTIs are often caused by E-coli from faeces getting into the urinary tract. Vitamin C neutralises the toxins produced by E-coli.

(Get sodium or calcium ascorbate though, not ascorbic acid, unless you want gut problems too!)

Also - sorry if you already do this but I’ve heard of people getting UTIs by re-using towels - make sure you use a clean, washed towel every time you have a shower.

Reactions: 2
Take a big dose of vitamin C supplements, UTIs are often caused by E-coli from faeces getting into the urinary tract. Vitamin C neutralises the toxins produced by E-coli.

(Get sodium or calcium ascorbate though, not ascorbic acid, unless you want gut problems too!)

Also - sorry if you already do this but I’ve heard of people getting UTIs by re-using towels - make sure you use a clean, washed towel every time you have a shower.
That’s interesting as I take a vitamin c every morning! Thanks though zz

Reactions: 1
Currently been sat on the toilet.. where I have been for the past 2 hours on/off with the constant need to pee. Have had UTI in the past so pretty sure it’s one again but It’s not burning too much just can’t get off the toilet as I feel like il wet myself.. when I go not much comes out. Obviously it’s hard to get a drs app and antibiotics atm so does anyone have any advice other than cranberry juice?
tit loads of cranberry juice!!! If I drink a large carton of cranberry juice the day I feel it starting, it's gone by the next day usually. Obviously everyone is different, but it certainly works for me and I've never had antibiotics since. Hope you feel better soon!

My advice would be to drink as much water as you can to try and flush it out! And that way at least when you have to constant urge to wee you have fluid to wee out (I used to find it burned more when it was only a trickle)

Def get antibiotics though if it doesn’t clear up. Not sure what it’s like where you live but my local pharmacy will prescribe them if you have a consultation with UTI symptoms/if you suffer chronic UTIs which is an absolute life saver!

Oh and always wee after sex, it’ll flush out any bacteria that’s got in there

I feel all your pain with UTIs. Such good advice here already. My only offering would be as a short term stop-gap immediate measure if you are suffering and can't leave the loo is to cool down your privates. Sounds wierd but a while ago in the middle of the night I was suffering terribly with no access to chemist obviously. I sat on the edge of the bath with a hot water bottle so I didn't get cold, had some pain and bicarbonate of soda dissolved in water as it is so alkali (and kept drinking water as well) and directed the shower on cool down below for about 10 mins. There is sort of vague science involving pain receptors or something like that. Anyway it worked for me. Took away the pain and stinging.
I also use cranberry tablets rather than the juice as it usually has too much sugar.

Thanks guys all sorted now and relived! The only annoying thing is my period is late.. nearly by a week. I have the implant so not pregnant but we are due to go to the hot tub on Thursday and I can’t use tampons due to my cervix pain. I just know il come on and then won’t be able to use the tub 😖does anyone know if uti cause you to miss/ have a late period?

Thanks guys all sorted now and relived! The only annoying thing is my period is late.. nearly by a week. I have the implant so not pregnant but we are due to go to the hot tub on Thursday and I can’t use tampons due to my cervix pain. I just know il come on and then won’t be able to use the tub 😖does anyone know if uti cause you to miss/ have a late period?
I know several people who fell pregnant while on the implant so I’d do a pregnancy test just to double check...

D-Mannose is a great supplement to take if you have regular UTIs - it can help prevent AND treat them.

I had a few years where they were constant - had a cystoscopy. Ended up taking a low dosage of antibiotics for 6 months.

I know several people who fell pregnant while on the implant so I’d do a pregnancy test just to double check...
I really doubt I am pregnant as it took us 4 years to convince naturally with our last. I’m only 6 days late and only had sex on the 26th June for the first time in 8 weeks ( husband is in military so been away a lot) so if the implant had failed I doubt that very much?

Can I ask what age you are? I turned 40 last year and my periods are all over the shop. I’ve had 2 this year 🤯

Can I ask what age you are? I turned 40 last year and my periods are all over the shop. I’ve had 2 this year 🤯
345, mine were all over the place when I started puberty, could go 3 months without one. Then had my first son at 20 (Wasn’t planned and got pregnant on the pill but had D&V so that’s how I fell pregnant) But they were like clock work, so I knew I was pregnant when I didn’t come one.
I then met my current husband and i then went on the pill stopped to conceive my 2nd.. took about 3 months for us to conceive... went back on the pill but liked the idea of the implant, got that for 3 years had it removed and decided to try for our third and it took us nearly 4 years. Have had it in nearly the 3 years so due a new one in November

345, mine were all over the place when I started puberty, could go 3 months without one. Then had my first son at 20 (Wasn’t planned and got pregnant on the pill but had D&V so that’s how I fell pregnant) But they were like clock work, so I knew I was pregnant when I didn’t come one.
I then met my current husband and i then went on the pill stopped to conceive my 2nd.. took about 3 months for us to conceive... went back on the pill but liked the idea of the implant, got that for 3 years had it removed and decided to try for our third and it took us nearly 4 years. Have had it in nearly the 3 years so due a new one in November
I meant nearly 35 not 345😂sausage fingers🤦🏼‍♀️😂

I really doubt I am pregnant as it took us 4 years to convince naturally with our last. I’m only 6 days late and only had sex on the 26th June for the first time in 8 weeks ( husband is in military so been away a lot) so if the implant had failed I doubt that very much?
fair enough, although I guess it wouldn’t hurt to do a test? Dunno, if I was late I’d want to do a test just to be able to rule it out yknow? 🤷🏼‍♀️

fair enough, although I guess it wouldn’t hurt to do a test? Dunno, if I was late I’d want to do a test just to be able to rule it out yknow? 🤷🏼‍♀️
God my husband would lose his tit if I was.. but least I can say “ told you to get the snip” 😂 I feel worried and paranoid now as another child was definitely not on the cards but it does seem strange 😭

God my husband would lose his tit if I was.. but least I can say “ told you to get the snip” 😂 I feel worried and paranoid now as another child was definitely not on the cards but it does seem strange 😭
Aw no I’m not trying to worry you - I just know a few folk who have fallen pregnant on it so, just do a test and it will put your mind at ease 🙂

I was wondering if I could get some advice.....

I've had a uti for around four months now and have tried amoxicillin trimepthoprim and nitrofurantoin all at different doses for a max of 7 days that the gp give me, and the infection is not budging. The gp surgery is useless as I had a kidney scan and all was clear and when they do the dipstick tests and lab tests the results don't always say -or pick up- that I have an infection so doctors shrug at me and say they cant do anything and when it does come back I have an infection they keep giving me the same antibiotics that I'm trying to say isn't helping..... It makes me want to scream quite honestly lol and I've asked to be referred to a urologist and they won't refer me, to be frank it's making me suicidal as the doctors just are useless and say take ibuprofen or paracetamol when the pain gets back. I'm considering going private even though I'm in no financial situation to and would have to take out health insurance but I've heard private can help you out alot more with conditions and alot faster, I heard they're not tied with protocols like nhs staff and I've read that the tests the nhs takes for urine infections are useless and don't pick up most of the bugs and infections so the results say negative but there 100% is an infection and quite honestly it's driving me mad.

I was wondering if there's any ladies on here who've been through similar or who are nurses/doctors or even trained in uti's as I would do absolutely anything to get out of this, it's been four months now and looks like christmas and new years gonna be crap lol. Thankyou.

I was wondering if I could get some advice.....

I've had a uti for around four months now and have tried amoxicillin trimepthoprim and nitrofurantoin all at different doses for a max of 7 days that the gp give me, and the infection is not budging. The gp surgery is useless as I had a kidney scan and all was clear and when they do the dipstick tests and lab tests the results don't always say -or pick up- that I have an infection so doctors shrug at me and say they cant do anything and when it does come back I have an infection they keep giving me the same antibiotics that I'm trying to say isn't helping..... It makes me want to scream quite honestly lol and I've asked to be referred to a urologist and they won't refer me, to be frank it's making me suicidal as the doctors just are useless and say take ibuprofen or paracetamol when the pain gets back. I'm considering going private even though I'm in no financial situation to and would have to take out health insurance but I've heard private can help you out alot more with conditions and alot faster, I heard they're not tied with protocols like nhs staff and I've read that the tests the nhs takes for urine infections are useless and don't pick up most of the bugs and infections so the results say negative but there 100% is an infection and quite honestly it's driving me mad.

I was wondering if there's any ladies on here who've been through similar or who are nurses/doctors or even trained in uti's as I would do absolutely anything to get out of this, it's been four months now and looks like christmas and new years gonna be crap lol. Thankyou.
I had similar they didn’t take it seriously when it wasn’t clearing and spread to a kidney infection which became and abscess. The only way I found this out was going to a&e being hospitalised on an drip for over a week. Genuinely my only bit of advice is if you’re being pushed around and ignored go straight to hospital and get them to run tests. Hope they sort you out x

I had similar they didn’t take it seriously when it wasn’t clearing and spread to a kidney infection which became and abscess. The only way I found this out was going to a&e being hospitalised on an drip for over a week. Genuinely my only bit of advice is if you’re being pushed around and ignored go straight to hospital and get them to run tests. Hope they sort you out x
Thanks alot, to be honest I'm quite tempted as gps are useless. The pain all day every day is making me fed up. Glad you got yours sorted x

You can get antibiotics via Superdrug doctors for around £20.
I was looking but it's the same as the ones the gp give you, the nitrofurantoin ones and they have done nothing for me 😔

You can get antibiotics via Superdrug doctors for around £20.
I discovered this at the weekend! £24 for 3 days of antibiotics from Asda, ordered online and picked up within 5 hours, honestly a life saver as I was panicking I was going to have to wait all weekend before speaking to a doctor! Also tried cystocalm (think it was £3 for 6 sachets from the pharmacy) for the first time and it almost instantly helped with the burning and constant urge to wee!

Does anyone else always get thrush following a UTI? Why is having a vagina so expensive?! 😂😭

I discovered this at the weekend! £24 for 3 days of antibiotics from Asda, ordered online and picked up within 5 hours, honestly a life saver as I was panicking I was going to have to wait all weekend before speaking to a doctor! Also tried cystocalm (think it was £3 for 6 sachets from the pharmacy) for the first time and it almost instantly helped with the burning and constant urge to wee!

Does anyone else always get thrush following a UTI? Why is having a vagina so expensive?! 😂😭
Yep thrush can happen from antibiotics that you take to get rid of uti's its an annoying cycle lol and a word of advice I read that thrush can be a huge cause of uti's as the itching infection and irritation can also spread to your urethra which then causes a uti so its an annoying cycle

• Sad