Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I met him when he was on the tour for his first book Kitchen Confidential. I was a book shop manager at the time & he did a reading & signing in my store. He was very kind to the staff (unlike some other authors) & very low maintenance. He also had that it factor which you can’t fake
damn that’s amazing. I know suicide is unexplained a lot of the time and there’s often no logic involved but I just couldn’t believe it. So amazing to hear he was nice. I did read somewhere he was quite shy. And lord was he attractive - at any age. Godspeed.

Reactions: 18
Interesting! I never would have put her with Becks. Apart from ASkars she always seems to go for skinny boys in bands. That said, I believe every cheating story I've ever heard about Becks and every other footballer out there.
That’s a really good point, he’s not her usual type, I hasn’t thought of that, but it’s so obvious now you point it out! Mind you, having a “type” isn’t the be-all-and-end-all.
If any of this is true, I really hope Victoria’s having her own fun. I know she‘s not perfect, but when you see her in interviews she seems pretty grounded and funny.

Reactions: 29
I remember watching an episode of Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles last year and the realtor (Tracy) was selling Rose's place as well as all her things as she needed the money for legal fees. I got a bit of an 'off' feeling about her on that episode.

I'm sure I read Brittany Murphy's, and Simon Monjack's subsequent, deaths might have resulted from the mould that had built up in their house (which is just down the road from Lisa Vanderpump's), not only due to its inferior construction but also because they lived like hoarders - the place was loaded with crap. This was just the bathroom:

View attachment 448347 View attachment 448351

This article shows the before and after (good thinking to level the original property and start afresh):

looks like a standard youtuber / influencer bathroom to me 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just being nosey I'd like to know the father of Mindy Kalings children. My vote is for B J Novak.

Reactions: 33
I suspect that was a bullshit story made up by Gwyneth Paltrow to protect her reputation as everyone was side eyeing her about her relationship with Harvey. Brad could use the brownie points at the moment too. It’s very strange if he threatened Harvey that Harvey apparently bore no grudge and was then perfectly ok with Brad being cast as the lead in ‘Inglorious bastards’.
Totally! It was widely known that Gwyneth was one of 'Harvey's girls'. Don't you remember the gushing tearful speech where she thanked Harvey at the end.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Totally! It was widely known that Gwyneth was one of 'Harvey's girls'. Don't you remember the gushing tearful speech where she thanked Harvey at the end.
I know right, and since when has Brad Pitt stood up for a woman? He’s normally at the side of the road flinging them under a bus.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So hang on, circling back to the Radfords. What are you insinuating that they make their money from, if not from pies? I have to say I have always found it e HIGHLY unlikely they could afford to live on one persons wage, and was suspicious. I guess I just thought he must be some sort of v well paid exec to afford such a massive family.

Reactions: 11
So hang on, circling back to the Radfords. What are you insinuating that they make their money from, if not from pies? I have to say I have always found it e HIGHLY unlikely they could afford to live on one persons wage, and was suspicious. I guess I just thought he must be some sort of v well paid exec to afford such a massive family.
They were raking in tax credits at one point. Sue was quite open about it as they weren’t seen as ‘real’ benefits because Noel was working and back in the days before the crack down, it will have been a substantial amount. Anyone with kids who earned under £50k could claim them.

I think they’ll still be getting some money from UC plus child benefit if they’ve switched over as any kids born before the cutoff date won’t apply to the two kids rule. They probably also get money from sponsorship deals, advertising and tv etc. But he’s definitely not making enough from the magic pie shop to support all those kids on that alone and they never did.

Reactions: 25
They were raking in tax credits at one point. Sue was quite open about it as they weren’t seen as ‘real’ benefits because Noel was working and back in the days before the crack down, it will have been a substantial amount. Anyone with kids who earned under £50k could claim them.

I think they’ll still be getting some money from UC plus child benefit if they’ve switched over as any kids born before the cutoff date won’t apply to the two kids rule. They probably also get money from sponsorship deals, advertising and tv etc. But he’s definitely not making enough from the magic pie shop to support all those kids on that alone and they never did.
It’s discussed a lot on their thread, pretty sure she was 13 when she got pregnant and 14 when she gave birth. Very odd family

Reactions: 3
We’re currently talking about that on the other thread, the fall out was between Pauline and Lesley Joseph and Linda appears to have been caught in the middle somewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm sorry but the Radford's are not right in the head and having that many children is selfish and irresponsible. He is the spit of Gerry McCann.

Reactions: 43
I'm sorry but the Radford's are not right in the head and having that many children is selfish and irresponsible. He is the spit of Gerry McCann.
I agree. I don’t know why anyone would want to have that many children? I think it’s attention seeking with them personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t understand how you could give that many children the love & attention that they deserve

Reactions: 34

Are there any theories around as to how they supported themselves before the TV show and everything else started?

Reactions: 5
Are there any theories around as to how they supported themselves before the TV show and everything else started?
Apparently Noel earned just under £50,000 a year from the shop, but probably less. And tax credits and child benefit could have been about £3-400 a week combined (maybe more, I’m not sure exactly). They possibly had an income of about £60,000 a year, give or take £10,000 (and probably an underestimation) which to the average family would be a decent wage but there’s so many of them. However, it’s still a lot of money for a family that claim they’re supporting themselves. And that’s without adding in the cost to the taxpayer of schooling all the kids, using the NHS etc (which isn’t something I’d normally care about but I think it’s hugely irresponsible for so many reasons to have that many kids). They never looked like they had much ‘stuff’, all the kids bedrooms looked like the most basic dormitory in a youth hostel and they probably had lots of hand me downs, re using clothes and cots and pushchairs or whatever.

Ofc, the eldest kids have now started having their own children. If they all have 21 kids of their own and their kids go on to do the same, by 2075 80% of the population will a Radford or related to one through marriage (I’m joking but the whole thing is ridiculous).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I want to know what has caused Linda Robson and Pauline Quirke to allegedly have a massive bust-up and end their lifelong friendship! Seems very sad if true.

It took Pauline that long to realise her mate was a total idiot. That’s loyalty for you. Pauline is the more talented of the two by far. But they grew up together in Islington and went to Anna Scher drama school as kids. We’ll probably never know. But I can imagine Linda is draining.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t understand how you could give that many children the love & attention that they deserve
Apparently Noel earned just under £50,000 a year from the shop, but probably less. And tax credits and child benefit could have been about £3-400 a week combined (maybe more, I’m not sure exactly). They possibly had an income of about £60,000 a year, give or take £10,000 (and probably an underestimation) which to the average family would be a decent wage but there’s so many of them. However, it’s still a lot of money for a family that claim they’re supporting themselves. And that’s without adding in the cost to the taxpayer of schooling all the kids, using the NHS etc (which isn’t something I’d normally care about but I think it’s hugely irresponsible for so many reasons to have that many kids). They never looked like they had much ‘stuff’, all the kids bedrooms looked like the most basic dormitory in a youth hostel and they probably had lots of hand me downs, re using clothes and cots and pushchairs or whatever.

Ofc, the eldest kids have now started having their own children. If they all have 21 kids of their own and their kids go on to do the same, by 2075 80% of the population will a Radford or related to one through marriage (I’m joking but the whole thing is ridiculous).
I remember watching one episode and Sue was ironing bloody mountains of stuff in the basement. It took her hours! It struck me that she was hiding away from the kids. They were either upstairs running riot or the older kids were looking after the younger. She strikes me as someone who has been stunted at 14 having baby after baby but not really being interested in toddlers or children or teenagers.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
"Unsolved mysteries of the celebrity world your desperate for answers to"

*how do the Radfords afford those kids?* 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 67
The celebrity that had her kids removed was in Heartbeat Tricia Penrose,I believe she admitted it was her.
New to thread so sorry if it’s been asked but why did she have her children removed?

Is it known which Corrie veteran? I've tried to work it out before but I can't, especially since lockdown most of the oldies have been absent!
I hope it’s Rita - like to think she’s a real sassypants and wouldn’t take any tit

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.