Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really? I'm a huge River Phoenix fan and I don't think I've ever heard anything about this before. Do you have any links/articles related to this? I'd be really interested to read. River was certainly chewed up and spat out by Hollywood - but his own loving parents - who used him as a cash cow - certainly didn't help his situation!
Everyone who dies young in Hollywood is 'about to expose a sex abuse ring'. The people who exposed Weinstein/ Spacey and Michael Jackson, as well as the more recent ones are still alive. I think sadly he just took too many drugs and drunk too much that night .
EDIT: He may well have been a victim of sex abuse but I dont think he was murdered.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Not quite Hollywood level but I’d like to know what went on with Katie and Peter. Not a fan of either but I want to know all the same. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
@Shutterbug99
I can only find this thread about it, the link to the article doesn't work anymore. The founder of the cult River and his family had escaped from died a year after River and a lot of stuff about the cult came out after that although there seems to have been a lot covered up. It's the same cult Rose McGowan and her family also escaped from. River made some comments about what happened to him as a child but Joaquin said after he died that he was joking but seems a strange thing to joke about.

Oh yeah. I remember what he said about that cult. I don't think he was joking. Like I said, his parents have a lot to answer for.

Reactions: 8
Not quite Hollywood level but I’d like to know what went on with Katie and Peter. Not a fan of either but I want to know all the same. 😂
I cant stand Peter Andre. He totally used KP and I think she genuinely loved him. She's not had a serious relationship since him . She doesn't help herself in the press but I think she's still messed up over Peter.

Reactions: 71
I think sadly he just took too many drugs and drunk too much that night .
Not that he didn't do drugs, but I do sometimes wonder if he 'knowingly' took those particular drugs that night. There's a popular theory that John Frusciante from RHCP handed him a drink spiked with a colossal amount of drugs and told him it would make him feel amazing.

That said, River portrayed himself as a clean-living vegan, and while he was for sure vegan, I really don't think he was all that clean living. He had a lot of pressures in his life; main earner in his family, really fucked up childhood. He seemed like a sweet boy. And so talented. I hate that he died. I hate the way he died.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Corey has also recently come out and said Marilyn Manson mentally and emotionally abused him for decades. Seems like these horrible abusers knew how to prey on the broken and vulnerable. There was definitely no protection for young actors in Hollywood in the 80s and 90s (doubt it's much better now). Both Coreys were very screwed up so I've no doubt they were both subjected to horrible abuse. River Phoenix' death is another one that still haunts me, it seems he was about to blow the lid on an elite ring of sickos shortly before he died.
Was he, though
Everyone who dies young in Hollywood is 'about to expose a sex abuse ring'. The people who exposed Weinstein/ Spacey and Michael Jackson, as well as the more recent ones are still alive. I think sadly he just took too many drugs and drunk too much that night .
EDIT: He may well have been a victim of sex abuse but I dont think he was murdered.
Absolutely couldn't agree more. Was going to say the exact same thing myself. So many fairytales get concocted around this subject, it's just people making assumptions. Phoenix necked a copious amount of drugs while partying and that's most likely all there was to it.

Reactions: 8
Not really showbiz, but was Boris close to being ventilated when he was in hospital with Covid. There was a rumour that he was and it was touch and go.
In the early celeb gossip forum, someone said that boris was very sick to the point where he was near death and was already in hospital then a few days later it was released to the press that he seriously unwell and had been admitted to hospital.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
In the early celeb gossip forum, someone said that boris was very sick to the point where he was near death and was already in hospital then a few days later it was released to the press that he seriously unwell and had been admitted to hospital.
Yeah I remember that well. They also said his underlying health condition was being an alcoholic.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Same, it was all very strange and then add her husband's death on top of it and his weird relationship with her mother and it just doesn't sit right. Do you have the name of the documentary, would be interested in watching it too
I watched one on the ID channel recently - Brittany Murphy: An ID Mystery

Reactions: 4
I mean, he did die. And Courtney lost a husband. Franny lost her father. I've never been much of a Courtney fan (huge Nirvana fan, though!) and I've always thought that if Courtney had any involvement in his death (don't believe she did) then she would have exploited his legacy to the hilt. As it is, she's been pretty protective of it, and of him, in my opinion. I don't know too much about CL and Nirvana's legacy, by the way -I've never read too much about it - I just know I haven't heard 'Drain You' used in a Marc Jacobs perfume ad yet (looking at you Sonic Youth).

As for the fingerprints...well, I'm not about to fall down a KC conspiracy rabbit hole today, but from that time I did, I seem to remember there were several fingerprints on the gun alright, but they were not legible. The gun wasn't tested for fingerprints for like a month after Kurt died. As for Courtney cancelling his credit card in the days before his death, I think this was to try and protect him from himself, and not because she had planned a hit.

Ah, I haven't thought about all this stuff in a while. I was obsessed with Nirvana as a teen.
I couldn’t edit my post and there was a typo - apologies. What I was trying to say was Courtney would have lost a lot prior to his death. He was planning on splitting up with her. There are many people in Seattle who still believe she had something to do with his death.
Soaked in Bleach lays a convincing argument that he was murdered.
I don’t know other than the world is a sadder place without Kurt and his music.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There are so many showbiz mysteries I would love to know the answer to I read this thread and see another one that makes me go 'Oh yeah, that too!' Shows how shady showbiz is!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There are so many showbiz mysteries I would love to know the answer to I read this thread and see another one that makes me go 'Oh yeah, that too!' Shows how shady showbiz is!
It's mad when you see so many in one place, and I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Reactions: 7
There is an article in the Daily Fail about her today. I'm wondering if there is more to her retirement from acting, than she is letting on.
Regarding Cameron ...

Crazy Days and Nights (gossip site) said that something happened on her last movie that put her off showbiz for life (paraphrasing here); they also said that she is scared that if she leaves Benji to shoot movies then it will sabotage her marriage.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Regarding Cameron ...

Crazy Days and Nights (gossip site) said that something happened on her last movie that put her off showbiz for life (paraphrasing here); they also said that she is scared that if she leaves Benji to shoot movies then it will sabotage her marriage.
Why would it sabotage their marriage? 😯

Where does Jason Orange always vanish to? When TT first broke up he vanished, then after the success of the relaunch he then bowed out again and vanished. Thoughts!

You guys should read up on Brad Renfro.
what about him? I remember he was Natalie Portman’s ex and then got into drugs into a big way. What else?

Reactions: 9
I honestly don’t understand how this hasn’t ‘leaked’ as they are both SO publicity hungry.

Reactions: 25
Where does Jason Orange always vanish to? When TT first broke up he vanished, then after the success of the relaunch he then bowed out again and vanished. Thoughts!
I think it’s because Jason Orange was the only one out of the remaining members of TT who wasn‘t part of the tax avoiding scheme that the others were involved in. I can’t blame him for nopeing the duck out when all that came out, he had nothing to do with it.
Robbie Williams had no part in it either, it was Gary, Mark and Howard.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.