Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marilyn Monroe did she really commit suicide? There are so many conspiracy theories on MM death?

Reactions: 9
I would love to know more about the two correys.

About all the stuff that went on behind the scenes of SNL during the belushi/ Farley times.

Why no one stood up to the sex abuse both minor and adult. Surely someone in power could have intervened.

Reactions: 12
Anyone keeping up with the Marilyn Manson accusations is it just me or does anyone else think Rose McGowan has how can I put it made some strange decisions especially spending three and a half years with Manson two of which she was engaged to him, odd. With regards to Harvey Weinstein am I being naive or did these women have sexual contact with him in order to get certain film roles or seen at the right parties etc.I haven’t read anywhere that they all had loaded guns to their heads but he got what he wanted and they got what they wanted, yes a horrific abuse of his status but in my opinion there was a choice even if it was a you’ll never work in films again.

Reactions: 16
Anyone keeping up with the Marilyn Manson accusations is it just me or does anyone else think Rose McGowan has how can I put it made some strange decisions especially spending three and a half years with Manson two of which she was engaged to him, odd. With regards to Harvey Weinstein am I being naive or did these women have sexual contact with him in order to get certain film roles or seen at the right parties etc.I haven’t read anywhere that they all had loaded guns to their heads but he got what he wanted and they got what they wanted, yes a horrific abuse of his status but in my opinion there was a choice even if it was a you’ll never work in films again.
I'd say the threat of having their chosen career ruined was a metaphorical loaded gun... The imbalance of power would have made it very difficult to say no, which in itself removes or at least really complicates the idea of 'choice'.

Edit: That said, I'm sure some of the women were affected by it less than others depending on personality type/upbringing/views on what's acceptable or expected as a woman in a male dominated world.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I'd say the threat of having their chosen career ruined was a metaphorical loaded gun... The imbalance of power would have made it very difficult to say no, which in itself removes or at least really complicates the idea of 'choice'.
I totally understand your point of view and as I said he abused his power and status in the most horrific way and yes it is seen as blackmail, you have sex with me and you get a lead role in whatever film, it is complicated I agree but I still think there was a choice but the outcome of refusing his offer would probably be to never have the lead in big money movies. What I would like to know is who actually told him to get fucked and are they still around now he can’t of blackmailed the whole of Hollywood I’m don’t think Miriam Margolyes would of stood for his cockfuckery she would of probably bit it off.

I totally understand your point of view and as I said he abused his power and status in the most horrific way and yes it is seen as blackmail, you have sex with me and you get a lead role in whatever film, it is complicated I agree but I still think there was a choice but the outcome of refusing his offer would probably be to never have the lead in big money movies. What I would like to know is who actually told him to get fucked and are they still around now he can’t of blackmailed the whole of Hollywood I’m don’t think Miriam Margolyes would of stood for his cockfuckery she would of probably bit it off.
I get the impression it was the same situation as many rapes, you find yourself alone with someone who physically dwarves you and intimidates you and you go along with it just to get it over and get out of that room. I really have never got really impression that it was a formal "oh ok Harvey, I'll have sex with you as long as you give me a starring role." It was much more "Harvey likes you, don't make waves, just go along with it, loads of other girls you really respect have had to go through with this".
Saying the women had a choice is a very old fashioned way to look at rape. Its much more complex than that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 119
Ok on the topic of Weinstein, I am so curious about ‘his girls’ so whenever I see a Weinstein film I try to work out if the actress has had a helping hand up the ladder. Even some budget British movies were distributed in the USA by the Weinstein company like East is East. Remember the scandal when he put the blonde girl on the USA poster instead of the the lead characters being Brits of Pakistani and Indian origin and the blonde girl having about 2 lines in the film?
How about Muriel’s Wedding, Toni Collete suddenly hit the big time a few years after the film, loved her in that though.
Also why has Cameron Diaz disappeared? Love her as a person so would be sad to think she was one of his girls. I doubt it though.
I think Cameron has retired from acting and had a baby.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Re. Naya: I went down a rabbit hole when she died ... there was apparently video footage of her meeting two men at the boat, one of whom pushed her but I just could not make that out in the clip (which has since been removed). The Crazy Days and Nights blogger was adamant that she was 'yachting' to make ends meet and was downright miserable (I didn't quite buy that as she was a child actor who made a great living and seemed to live within her means). But then others have said she basically agreed to do anything for fame (sold her soul) but refused do something in particular 'they' wanted her to do, so they killed her. Then there was a rumour that her ex got her sister pregnant (they were dating shortly after she died), but she lost the baby. Such a strange case.

Re. Jill: I'm sure I read somewhere that she was investigating a child prostitution ring or something and got a bit close to the truth; the man she was seeing at the time was elevated quite swiftly in his career to become the Queen's private gynaecologist.

Also, re Claudia Lawrence ... there were rumours that she had been seeing a Royal ... many thought it was Andrew ... and got a bit clingy and threatened to go public, so was disposed of.

Goopy (Gwyneth Paltrow) was definitely one of "Harvey's girls" (and she stole the script for Shakespeare in Love from Winona Ryder).
Wher can I find more about the Claudia/Royal connection?

Reactions: 15
I get the impression it was the same situation as many rapes, you find yourself alone with someone who physically dwarves you and intimidates you and you go along with it just to get it over and get out of that room. I really have never got really impression that it was a formal "oh ok Harvey, I'll have sex with you as long as you give me a starring role." It was much more "Harvey likes you, don't make waves, just go along with it, loads of other girls you really respect have had to go through with this".
Saying the women had a choice is a very old fashioned way to look at rape. Its much more complex than that.
Maybe i do have an old fashioned way of looking at rape I can only go by my experience in which I really didn’t have a choice, I was pinned down by 2 men and the 3rd one raped me I didn’t know them I was taken off the street walking home from work in the back of a van and dumped in the middle of nowhere.But I did put up one hell of a fight which probably made my injuries much worse maybe if I’d of just thoughtok I’ll just go along with this I’d of been better of

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Does anyone remember speculation that Bobby Brown’s baby was actually Bobbi Kristina’s and the baby was delivered while she was in the coma and passed off as BB’s?

I want to know the real stories behind ITV’s stars and shows and what has been hidden.

Also, why Richie Sambora left Bon Jovi - there are a few rumoured reasons but what really happened?

• Wow
Maybe i do have an old fashioned way of looking at rape I can only go by my experience in which I really didn’t have a choice, I was pinned down by 2 men and the 3rd one raped me I didn’t know them I was taken off the street walking home from work in the back of a van and dumped in the middle of nowhere.But I did put up one hell of a fight which probably made my injuries much worse maybe if I’d of just thoughtok I’ll just go along with this I’d of been better of
Well that was utterly vicious and obviously premeditated and you were lucky to escape with your life really. Did they ever bring any of them to justice?

The Harvey women didn't have a choice - it has been documented that his henchmen and women left the women with him with some knowledge of what might happen. Even though I don't remember that he was capable of penetrative intercourse I still believe these women were raped as their choice was removed from them. They probably felt a degree of culpability in so much as they were in a male-dominated industry and trying to get a part - any part. However, that doesn't mean they deserved or asked for that hideous experience.

I was sexually assaulted many moons ago and the 'what could I have done differently' question never really goes away. 🤗

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Re HW, one of my closest friends is in that world, and she doesnt believe a word of it. BUT that is because she is very very well connected since childhood. So when HW made a pass at another mutual friend she told him to back off, he was ridiculous, we were all early 20s, HW too old and ridiculous etc. So he did back off from this one young woman. Personally, I believe he's a complete wanker who takes what he can....

Reactions: 9
Marilyn Monroe did she really commit suicide? There are so many conspiracy theories on MM death?
I definitely think she did. Her mental health was in a terrible state. Plus drugs. Not to mention she was getting old by Hollywood standards (esp in that era). She was a tragic mess.

Reactions: 11
I thought Emma Thompson gave an interview re HW and basically said the casting couch is completely real.

Reactions: 8
Not really showbiz, but was Boris close to being ventilated when he was in hospital with Covid. There was a rumour that he was and it was touch and go.

Reactions: 19
Omg I love heartbeat, I’ve never heard this story though??
I remember she was posting on Facebook ages ago, randomly I am friends with her on there about splitting with her hubby and I think she was hinting at him being gay 🤷‍♀️ didn't know about her kids though.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Not really showbiz, but was Boris close to being ventilated when he was in hospital with Covid. There was a rumour that he was and it was touch and go.
I think so, he looked absolutely dreadful when he did the first video when he came out of hospital.
All be honest, that’s the first time I panicked with the pandemic. Whether you’re right or left, the thought of the actual Prime Minister dying scared me!

Reactions: 51

Edit: That said, I'm sure some of the women were affected by it less than others depending on personality type/upbringing/views on what's acceptable or expected as a woman in a male dominated world.
Absolutely. Why should they not be able to do something they wanted to do because some sleazy old guy with deformed genitals threatened to ruin you if you didnt sleep with him, and everyone in the industry basically said that that was how you got roles? Everyone was complicit- the publicists, the agents, the gossip sites etc. Maybe they did it because they thought that was the price you had to pay, but it shouldn't have been the price they had to pay to do a job they had worked hard and trained for. The fault lies entirely with the men who made these women ( and men, in some cases) sleep with them for roles, not the victims.

That's a terrible ordeal. I'm sorry you had to go through that. However, most rapes are not like that. They ae perpetrated by people you know. In the HW case, a lot of the actresses were sent up for 'interviews in hotel suites, which is quite common, as that's where crew are put up on film shoots and were greeted by him naked. They were then told by publicists just to get on with it. When faced with being alone with a half naked, very large man who has the power to destroy your life. There is also the situation where maybe when you are very young, you go along with something then you don't see that it was wrong until afterwards, or what an abuse of power it was. Its the same where you get older teachers or others in a position of power apparently 'consesnually' sleeping with much younger people they have influence over. The young person may have technically 'consented' but is it true consent or is it an abuse of power?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.