Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Does anyone remember a story in the press not long ago about a footballer who had an affair and was texting her on his honeymoon and wedding day etc? I'd forgotten about it but I'm still really intrigued as to who it was!!
We spoke about it in the Wag thread. There is a court case taking place in Sept/ Oct which is likely to name him. The woman at the centre of it said that Ronald has been appalled by his actions which made us wonder if he is Portuguese.

atrendingtopic

…and hadn’t he just won a television award? I’ve heard it was something to do with the actress who plays Brooke.
Apparently he was racist towards the person that plays Brooke but given that the person who plays Brooke has identified as Non-binary for a wee while now, I wonder if it was to do with that.
(The MSM picked up on their "coming out" months after it happened)

ouroboros

VIP Member
What are you bracing yourself for? I think the parents are both stupid and greedy, however I reserve contempt and disbelief for any parent claiming that there was no safeguarding issue with letting their child sleep in a bad with a grown man.
The bed sharing didn’t come out until years after.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
Her husband Robert, worked his way up from a chef and is involved with Michelin, and a number of hospitality organisations. Obviously has a lot of very wealthy contacts from working within that industry, however the amount of money they have seems to be obscene! He's got to have come from wealth surely? She doesn't seem to
I agree! There does seem a lot of wealth and disposable income!

childofthe70s

VIP Member
I read Gerry had connections with Gordon but I didn't know it was on that night she 'disappeared'.
At the time of Madeleine's disappearance and in addition to being a cardiologist, Gerry McCann was a medical advisor to COMARE, a government committee which monitors radiation in the environment. He was listed as a member of the Medical Practices Sub Committee. His brother Andrew worked for EDF energy, so maybe knew Gordon through him.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I think they moved later on when his dad got more successful. Plus he went to private school and spent his summers in the States with his dad's family.

Edit: I just went and checked the book - it was Catford and they then moved to Wandsworth.
I went the other way- Wandsworth to near Catford. Sadly, we left Wandsworth when it was being gentrified, but Catford was still not posh :LOL: I dont know what its like now!