Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Warpaint

VIP Member
If you can't see that a chronic illness is a disability then there's no point in discussing this.
It's just a lot of interchangeable terms. And a lot of degrees like I said. Everyone's situation is different and the word 'disability' has strong connotations. Not everyone would want to associate with that or see themselves as having some sort of a label. They are just living their life. You don't need to box everyone all the time.

mcfeez

VIP Member
The sexualisation of Pride is overstated, though. I've been to plenty of Pride events and not seen that much.

The right wing media (e.g. the Daily Mail) will always focus on the sexual aspect to shock their readers and reinforce their narrow minded opinions.
There is definitely some exagerration, totally agree. I havent seen a huge amount either at pride events, more so in bars and clubs geared towards LGBT community. Sometimes these are the only spaces explicitly labelled as such and the atomsphere can be off putting for people who just want the opportunity to meet people or hang out with their friends

Where I used to live during college in Ireland there was a “sober pub” aka a coffee shop right in the middle of where the pubs are in town that opened until midnight, that was extremely lgbtq+ friendly. Most of the people who went in during the weekend nights were of that community and it was lovely safe space for them to be. Found out it closed during the first wave of Covid, which is a shame.The world definitely needs more of them.
This sounds amazing, definitely something we need more of. Such a shame to hear it closed

BattleAxing

VIP Member
I don’t know how people cope without dummies either. I am also another one who can’t bare to see a toddler snot gobbling through one. 🤢

I guess you don’t understand the difference between disagreeing and moaning. But I can link you to an online dictionary if needs be 😁

No the person actually conplained that others had an opinion. And said, I’m paraphrasing here, nobody should have an opinion on it
OK get your dictionary out and read back. You will find you were moaning. No one’s saying you’re not entitled to.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
UO - Shakespeare's old language should not to be used to perform (or taught at school).
Just tell the play/story in understandable language!
It's odd they use the Elizabethan language yet have costumes from different time periods to that.

monga

VIP Member
Set up for the For the money, the go fund me and now the interview.

It was cringey. The interview they did recently was pretty cringe too. I think they should have left it and got on with their lives. The mum looked like she was really enjoying it.
Maybe there is substance to it then! I did think the parents behaviour was odd 🤢

monga

VIP Member
Been playing it since reading this. OMG I think of people that I think they won't guess and they always do. Marc Bolen, I thought no way will they get this, they did
I's mad isn't it 😂 I thought of lighening McQueen and she even got that

Cant-be-arsed

I believe a kitchen is gender-neutral. This is why so many men think the kitchen is where women belong 🤣
Hah! Neither of my sons will be allowed to form that opinion anyway! I suppose our main reason for not getting him one is that it’s no novelty when he goes to my sister’s house then. And I think he has too much I can’t fit all the stuff he has in the playroom and I can’t see half of it with the clutter I did a big clearout after Christmas and put half it up in the loft and it’s still a mess.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
UO: I hate the bestseller The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. It's Winnie the Pooh meets black beauty meets inspirational Instagram life quotes 🤢

(Nice drawings though).
I've said the exact same thing almost word for word. I don't get it either. It does have nice pictures but it's not even comparable to Winnie the pooh as there's an actual story.

For adults: "the words you can not say" is better (bought from urban outfitters).

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Where I used to live during college in Ireland there was a “sober pub” aka a coffee shop right in the middle of where the pubs are in town that opened until midnight, that was extremely lgbtq+ friendly. Most of the people who went in during the weekend nights were of that community and it was lovely safe space for them to be. Found out it closed during the first wave of Covid, which is a shame.The world definitely needs more of them.
were we in college together I wonder 😂

monga

VIP Member
No waaaaaay! Glad I missed that one. 😅

Either way my point still stands. It's a rude comment to make, as the majority of the time it's made its assumption and speculation with no information 😊

ETA Just to be clear I in no way shape or form think its OK to decide you want a baby without discussing it with your partner! 🙈 It's just the speculation on people's situations I hate!
I think the speculation arises from the fact he’s using out screwing around behind her back, She thinks it’s love but his actions tell a different story .. he’s there for the kid and nothing more .

Jane Tee

VIP Member
sadly often true but still a generalisation.. there are some absolute gentlemen and shining examples of players and fans out there that really astounds me because let's face it most humans are ermmm less than exemplary.. I'm a Fulham supporter and long term season ticket holder and match attendee and we have a long history of a significant amount of women supporters/ a family club. My flatmate attended the match last night against Millwall (whose fans are generally of the type you posted) where there were a series of tributes to a fan who had suffered a heart attack and passed away during the last home game.The crowd was absolutely impeccable during the minutes applause and after the game every single member of the playing and coaching staff lined over to hug and console their family members and make a respectful gesture of applause. Apparently some Millwall fans took part in the applause and I am reliably informed that when the incident happened at the match against Blackpool the opposition fans were extremely respectful and their medical team raced over to assist.. I am not sure how many other clubs players would have made such a heartfelt genuine gesture as the Fulham players did last night and I am proud to support a team of such gentlemen as showed love and support for this family last night.
My son was at this match as an away fan. Was very worried about what the final score was going to be😅

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Haha. I’m a man who drives a Polo. I made my decision based on cost, fuel efficiency and practicality rather than how manly it makes me look. :D There’s not much difference between a Golf and Polo now that VW has the Up. I could understand if you said men should drive a Passat.

I think I’m going to switch to an ID3 next though as I want to go electric. Are electric cars even girlier though? 👀
Ah I'm quite aware it's an illogical unpopular opinion and I'm almost certainly alone in it.
Actually I had a polo once which was a nightmare. It would suddenly cut out power. Once I just made it to the edge of a huge roundabout. So embarrassing. Would conk out, you'd call the AA and then it would start. No mechanic could find out why!
I just never like the shape of them. Hated the Ford Ka too.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
I've read a book this year called consent. The author tells her story from when she was a child and was groomed by this very famous French author that tripled her age. The guy would go on tv and defend p*do and everybody thought it was a normal conversation to have. There's a clip on YouTube. It's in French though.

I read this book and felt extremely uncomfortable throughout. The most shocking thign to me was the overpowering sense that she loved him felt about him fondly and with affection and nowhere did she say how disgusting it was or condemned his actions.. absolutely shook me even now to think about it while posting here

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Are you sure, that would be illegal so was it probably just 🖕. My eyes are bad so I think it's the right one. In my school it was more of this than the other with the 'popular' girls.

Warpaint

VIP Member
They're still classed as disabilities anything that restricts your movements,senses or activities falls under disabilty law ,it's an umbrella term for lots of conditions not just because you're missing a limb.
Well it's all sorts of degrees I guess. There's ones you can recover from and ones you can't