Ukraine Russia War #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I like mark Austin, he really does need a day or two off. He's said Iranian rather than Ukraine a couple of times (although did correct himself) and keeps crashing the titles. He must know this sigh would be broadcast?

View attachment 1104745

He's all over the place.
I really like Mark, he does look exhausted doesn't he

Reactions: 11
I like the cut of Foreign Minister Kuleba's jib: "Ukraine will win this war anyway, because this is the people's war for their land... The question is the price."

Reactions: 16
I can’t see the sense in attacking a nuclear power plant, it would effect Russia too so literally nothing to gain. I am on the side of they are just tit shots and it was an accident.

Reactions: 11
I like the cut of Foreign Minister Kuleba's jib: "Ukraine will win this war anyway, because this is the people's war for their land... The question is the price."
Unfortunately it seems the Ukrainian peoples suffering get worse 10x by the day. Plus they're bombing the cities to rubble. They clearly need the no fly zone but with it not happening it's not looking good again.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Why though ? they do know they're finished if that happens or is that the plan .
Because you’re looking at a clearly insane dictator who doesn’t give a monkeys about his country at the end of the day. I think he doesn’t care if the world ends at this stage. He’s evil and psychotic and needs to be committed asap. This isn’t going to play out well for anybody at this rate.

Reactions: 13

It’s like they’re goading NATO into action by targeting these plants .
Or, the Ukraines as it's very unclear who has control.
It could be the Ukraines are ramping up the nuclear threat level in hope NATO get involved....

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I found this an interesting watch: "Putin Will Lose, Here's Why". It also has a good rundown on why Putin is invading in the first place:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It could be the Ukraines are ramping up the nuclear threat level in hope NATO get involved....
Don’t know ? but the Russians are keen on nuclear power plants

Reactions: 7
Given that even Ukranian civilians are desperately attempting to protect nuclear power plants against the invaders I doubt it, somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
From what I have listened to, the Russians want the plants so they can cut power from the locals and grind them down, rather than threaten nuclear warfare.
Zelensky has used this to get NATO help, which is quite rightly being ignored based on facts of the fallout of getting involved and risk to the power plants.

I'm not slagging the Ukrainians, but at this point we need to be careful what we believe.
I have no doubt that if anything was really that dangerous and the threat was really going to affect NATO countries that something would be done.

Sadly I feel at this point it's pure propaganda from the Ukrainian side.

Just for balance, Putin has been full on willy waving today with his pointless threats to the countries that have assisted the Ukraine

• Angry
Reactions: 16
From what I have listened to, the Russians want the plants so they can cut power from the locals and grind them down, rather than threaten nuclear warfare.
Zelensky has used this to get NATO help, which is quite rightly being ignored based on facts of the fallout of getting involved and risk to the power plants.

I'm not slagging the Ukrainians, but at this point we need to be careful what we believe.
I have no doubt that if anything was really that dangerous and the threat was really going to affect NATO countries that something would be done.

Sadly I feel at this point it's pure propaganda from the Ukrainian side.

Just for balance, Putin has been full on willy waving today with his pointless threats to the countries that have assisted the Ukraine
I am finding I agree with you on all points above. Not that I blame the Ukrainians in the slightest, the poor buggers are absolutely desperate :(

Reactions: 17
Given that even Ukranian civilians are desperately attempting to protect nuclear power plants against the invaders I doubt it, somehow.
Protecting them because they quite rightly need power. The Russians are being absolute bastards cutting them completely off and leaving them with a huge humanitarian crisis.
As much as I detest the Russians, I don't think they're about to blow a power plant when their men are there trying to claim it for their own and jeopardise their own side

Reactions: 6
To add, I’m sure all other nuclear power plants would have been put into a safe shutdown state for now, to not do so wouldnt be in the least helpful to anyone! Not ideal but what’s the alternative??

Reactions: 9
The footage of Putin sitting next to the Aeroflot girls is a green screen (or similar)!! You can see it glitching!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
When I was young I was engaged to a Bulgarian chap (going back to me being 17 here, so this is 1996ish) and I spent a lot of time there. His boss was high up in the Bulgarian mafia and so I was 'treated' to an insight of Eastern bloc life on many occasions. Luckily, his boss really liked me so I never had an issue but they had a long running feud going on with the Russian mafia and I was jostled out of places a few times 'before the shooting started', it was a grim existence they all had back then. The Russians controlled the prostitutes in the ski resorts and I saw and heard far too much about Russians like the Kremlin gremlin (still chuckling at that phrase!). They were nasty bastards to put it mildly and I don't think they've changed much. I'm not talking about your every day Russian person here, these are the politicians and mafioso, they are genuinely awful people with zero regard for human life. Nowt much has changed it seems, they still don't give a crap about life, no matter who it belongs to.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Sky news have announced next talks with Russia will be Monday. Wonder what damage they will do by then and also why do these talks keep happening when nothing is getting resolved

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.