Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so so terrified by this war. I am polish, living in Poland, I have a lot of ukrainian friends that live in Pl and in Ukraine.
Poland has already let in over 500 thousands refugees. Regular people like myself, my collegues, friends, and also famous people, celebrities etc are organizing transport, financial funds, help, inviting people into our homes.
I am scared about the losses and damages that are going to happen next days or weeks in Ukraine, I am waking up scared to check the news and messages from my friends. News is getting more violent everyday.
I am also scared that after Ukraine, Russia wil invade my country.
I keep asking myself how can this happen in 2022, in Europe...? This is madness, i really think Putin is insane.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
read somewhere - ages ago and I can't remember where (maybe the Haaretz) that he's claimed Sephardic heritage and used that for his Portuguese citizenship, because lots of Sephardic Jewish people whose families were expelled from Spain and Portugal can reclaim/claim citizenship
I’ve read that too but I think him having Sephardic heritage isn’t true - his family were from Ukraine and Belarus, the latter eventually settling in Lithuanian and the former in Russia. There is very little Sephardic roots in Eastern Europe/Russia from what I know.
It just sounds dodgy and he abused the system for his own gain.

Reactions: 8
Awful, that’s where the people are using as a safe space
So they are trying to kill the people sheltering in the train station now.
I guess they are blowing up buildings they think people are living and forcing them to either leave Kyiv or go underground.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I am so so terrified by this war. I am polish, living in Poland, I have a lot of ukrainian friends that live in Pl and in Ukraine.
Poland has already let in over 500 thousands refugees. Regular people like myself, my collegues, friends, and also famous people, celebrities etc are organizing transport, financial funds, help, inviting people into our homes.
I am scared about the losses and damages that are going to happen next days or weeks in Ukraine, I am waking up scared to check the news and messages from my friends. News is getting more violent everyday.
I keep asking myself how can this happen in 2022, in Europe...? This is madness, i really think Putin is insane.

I am so sorry. I wish we could say something that can help you feel better. I am just sorry that this is what you have to deal with.

We aren't Putin. This is utterly bonkers and I am so sorry for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Putin's getting twitchy. What security guarantees is he after? Finland and Sweden won't join NATO? They won't help Ukraine? They won't be annoyed when Russian planes trespass through their airspace?

1646278760873.png

1646278899265.png

Tsk tsk

1646279088577.png

Kyiv explosions caught on camera

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I keep asking myself how can this happen in 2022, in Europe...? ⁰ is madness, i really think Putin is insane.
I just woke up and thought of you straight away. I hope you managed some rest and are feeling as ok as you can this morning.

I just woke up and thought of you straight away. I hope you managed soke rest and are feeling as ok as you can this morning

---
I am sorry if my messages post multiple times. I have lost the vision in one of my eyes and struggle to see correctly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I hope you are OK. Try to take some comfort in what your country and people are doing ❤ This thread is always here to share your thoughts and ask any questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
you are right. I’m sorry - this must be awful for you. I can’t imagine….

• Heart
I’ve been bad about keeping up with the thread so please don’t yell at me if this has been discussed already: Rational thinking says the USA and NATO allies will be entering any day now. The nuclear threat is not going to go away after Putin takes Ukraine. May as well confront Putin now before his reach grows bigger.

1646289827949.png

Polling in Ukraine

1646290046363.png

Spotify disappearing indefinitely from Russia
1646290016333.png

Update from the Armed Forces:

1646289874310.png

I just had to share this video! Even in the midst of it all, they completely win on the psychological strength front :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Love seeing hot takes like this
View attachment 1099251
I guess we all deserve to die then because their is not one nation on this planet that has their hands clean.
It's this kind of insular, bitter thinking which will result in the end of the human race.
You cannot withhold help to only those you deem worthy. This whole concept of people needing to believe how you belive, behave how you want them to behave before you offer help is so cold, narcissistic and speaks of people who have God complexes.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The IPC have banned Russia and Belarus from the paralympics. They received lots of threats to boycott from other countries so made the move to ban them. A stronger message would have been an immediate ban, now they just look weak and greedy if you ask me!

Reactions: 18
I’ve been bad about keeping up with the thread so please don’t yell at me if this has been discussed already: Rational thinking says the USA and NATO allies will be entering any day now. The nuclear threat is not going to go away after Putin takes Ukraine. May as well confront Putin now before his reach grows bigger.
Just wondering what makes you think nato and the USA will be entering any day soon? From what I’ve seen they’ve said they will continue to support in terms of aid etc but won’t be sending troops in. Not having a go just want to know what makes you think this or if I’ve missed something?

Reactions: 9
Also, I just heard one of our Paralympians tell GMB that the Russian athletes have been passing messages to the Ukrainians telling them they'll be bombing their homes and their families. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
That is awful if true. Oh Putin, what the duck have you done?

I am watching BBC coverage with the map showing how if the RU forces join up in the south of Ukraine. It all seems so bleak. Those brave Ukrainians simple don't have the manpower or weaponry to keep going.

But for now, still they stand. 💙💛

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.