Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So if Russia is found guilty of war crimes what are the repercussions?
So it’s individuals rather than countries that would be tried for war crimes.

If guilty, jail. All very civilised.

But a lot of these leaders are narcissists and humiliated by the process of such trials. It is often the opposite of how law is seen in their countries where summary justice is dispensed and corruption is rife. Their crimes are laid out for the world to see, evidence is meticulously gathered etc.

Reactions: 14
That is Russia, my congratulations.

This moment caught on camera :(

Thanks for sharing this. His response is so genuine. Did it seem strange to anyone that he forgot when last he saw his family? First he said before the war. Then later to the middle. Maybe something lost in translation or a mistake due to fatigue. Just a bid odd to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Thanks for sharing this. His response is so genuine. Did it seem strange to anyone that he forgot when last he saw his family? First he said before the war. Then later to the middle. Maybe something lost in translation or a mistake due to fatigue. Just a bid odd to me.
I did pick up on that but just thought maybe with him not sleeping and everything that's going on he's got confused. I do that just now tbh and I'm not going through what he's going through. Since covid and lockdowns my days all roll in to one I forever forget what day I'm on

Reactions: 21
I also imagine all his days are just rolling into one now, even when he rests I doubt he's resting

• Sad
Reactions: 24

Yel

Good to see a report on sky about the young and economically active Russians trying to leave the country.

Not sure how much of an issue it is in reality but they've already got a huge problem with a falling population and this would really duck up the economy.

Apparently people are being questioned a lot when leaving Russia to ensure that they'll be back. Not good for social cohesion if people start to feel like they're stuck in an increasingly isolated country without iPhones and Spotify.

Reactions: 17
If the rumors are true about Fridays meeting they would want to get out quick

Reactions: 7
Good to see a report on sky about the young and economically active Russians trying to leave the country.

Not sure how much of an issue it is in reality but they've already got a huge problem with a falling population and this would really duck up the economy.

Apparently people are being questioned a lot when leaving Russia to ensure that they'll be back. Not good for social cohesion if people start to feel like they're stuck in an increasingly isolated country without iPhones and Spotify.
Saw that and it gave me hope

Reactions: 7
A veteran war correspondent on GB news was asked what if Putin pushed the nuclear button. He said we all die as its not like the atom bomb in WW2, it will spread everywhere. Scary

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
A veteran war correspondent on GB news was asked what if Putin pushed the nuclear button. He said we all die as its not like the atom bomb in WW2, it will spread everywhere. Scary
People like that are there to invoke fear and to keep you doomscrooling and watching the news in fear, there is no nuclear button, there is no chance of him throwing nuclear missiles towards anyone, stop watching and reading material like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Can you affiliate link a donation post then?

🤭
Not even kidding but one of them was showing off a bag she brought that had sunflowers on it. She got it before the war broke out but was only posting about it after and was saying how she only just learned about sunflowers and now the bag is extra special… it was the most embarrassing display of total ignorance and absolute lack of any awareness at all

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I noticed, and thought he may just be beyond exhausted and lost track, he is probably hidden underground and not seeing daylight. Then I also thought he probably doesn't want to commit to his family being nearby or far. War confusion.

Reactions: 15
Interesting video from Russell Brand

Can Charles Manson ever simply just duck off? He needs to take a bath and inject himself with an IV of penicillin to cure the plethora of venereal diseases coursing through his body.

Abhorrent man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not even kidding but one of them was showing off a bag she brought that had sunflowers on it. She got it before the war broke out but was only posting about it after and was saying how she only just learned about sunflowers and now the bag is extra special… it was the most embarrassing display of total ignorance and absolute lack of any awareness at all
Words fail me...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Apologies for the silly question but I don’t really understand everything, what does it mean when they say a city has fallen to the Russians? Have they killed everyone in the city? The world is a scary place but I find this thread helpful to have a better understanding.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.