Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good that they finally addressed it, was obvious something had happened. Glad the team out there are safe.
Yes, it’s really bad there atm from what I’ve seen 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I meant to ask this the other day, but when I was watching the Molotov cocktails being made, I noticed they were breaking up sheets of styrofoam and using that. Does anyone know the reason for this or what it does/adds?
Turns it into a sort of homemade napalm. The styrofoam will stick and burn. Imagine getting it on skin 😬

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
A few days ago on a previous thread, a poster mentioned they knew a Russian man who lives in the UK, who had been contacted to return and fight in Russia. Does anyone else know of any Russian men living here who have also been asked/told to go and sign up in Russia - and what did they do? I'm sure there will be lots who simply don't want to return to join in a war, fight and kill others.

I've been Googling Pasha Kovalev, who married Rachel Riley and lives here, to establish whether he's stayed in the UK with his family, but he's keeping quiet. Good for him.
I know a Russian woman and her 18 year old son who live in Russia. Shes absolutely petrified that he'll be called up any day. She has said she won't allow them to take him and she doesn't care if she spends the rest of her life in prison. The fear is very real.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t think he will be very happy at Holocaust memorials being blown up or a Jewish man being targeted as a Nazi
He used to be close to Putin and if he’s to be believed he’s in Belarus to try to convince Putin to stop. I hope he actually does something to try and stop this. Even he must know deep down that this mission being called to ‘denazify’ Ukraine is extremely insulting to Jews and he has Jewish Ukrainian heritage.

Reactions: 19
This is a post from a Tattler on my usual thread (Lydia Millen). She is Russian and gives some insight into what it's like there now. I'm sure she won't mind me posting here.

Part 1

Appreciate you not forgetting me. Tapped on the link by mistake and saw the mentioning💙💙
(In answer to how are things)
I ahhhhh...Well, not well, to put it that way. For a plenty of reasons. What is happening in Ukraine is absolutely terrifying and outrageous and they're so brave, defending their home. I'm constantly writing to my friends in Ukraine, my best friend has a sister there and taking large amount of calming pills any time she can't contact her or we see that bombs are being dropped again. On top of this horror, we're hit with such a killer sanctions, that there will be no my Russia soon. Botoxed duck (Putin) will lose in Ukraine and then he'll return home and kill ones of us that are still alive by then and not dead of starvation and lack of medicine. Two days ago the World's Cancer Organisation dropped any relations with the country, meaning no chances of surviving for the patients, including little children. The West is blocking social media, because it should stop the duck somehow, while we're losing the legit sources of information of what's actually going on.
The propaganda here is absolutely crazy. I know you can't really understand, unless you live in it, because it's very historical. Look at the last 100 years in a history of Russia. It's a very short period in reality - 2 world wars, several revolutions, the rise and fall of USSR, Cold War, Stalin with his Gulags, that killed and tortured more people, than bleeping Hitler!!!! And all of it was against their own citizens. People were taught time and time again, that horizontal connections shouldn't exist, that you shouldn't trust anyone, because they will betray you and you'll end up in bloody Siberia or killed. So of course some people fall for the 24/7 propaganda about how the West hates us, because they're alive during the Cold War or great repressions. Especially when on tv they're saying that we're freeing our brother's from Nazi. And it's a very painful topic for older generation, so they're hitting all the right spots. All those people are being kept at level of being not just poor, but barely surviving - they haven't seen the world, they don't know any better. They only have horrible experiences from going from one crisis to the next.

As for the protests, you have no idea how scary and dangerous it is here. It's not even about your own life, because you can absolutely be jailed, fined for life or even killed. They will come for your families - your parents will be fired and their lives will be turned into hell. And people are still coming! People are coming with their children and then people are getting arrested with their kids!!!!!!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Just been reading this on Twitter, p.s thanks for all the great info on here, I have learned so much!!!
They violated Japanese airspace as well earlier. They have issues over the Kuril Islands so none of this is by accident.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Absolute bollocks going on from Roman Abramavich.

He's making it sound like the Ukraine will mostly benefit, but he's still not condemned Putin and we know that his relationship with Putin is brother like.

Net proceeds even when he's writing of his debt still isn't good enough in my book when he's a top Oligarch and will still pocket a bigger fortune than the Ukraine will receive, when some money could still go to Russia to help fight this war.

Our Government should have added him to the list ages ago, but I'm thinking they didn't as Chelsea is an English club so wanted to protect that.

If he really didn't care about money then he'd have issued a statement condemning Putin and saying England was his home and that he'd stay loyal by donating a huge percentage of profits to the Ukraine.

The fact that he's not spoken out against Russia and Putin speaks volumes to me and just confirms that it's all about money and loyalty

Reactions: 24
Part 2 to my previous post from a Russian Tattler. (Again my notes in itals)

Plus I know, that it's not entirely true, but it feels like absolutely everyone hates us right now. Not the duck specifically, but all of us, because we're not doing enough to stop it. And honestly, a lot of politicians can go duck themselves. They're currently all about "We're putting all those horrific sanctions on you, for you to realise that your president is a monster and rise against him".
Guys, and where were you, when Russian people were brutally treated during all the protests starting in 2014? When Nemtsov was killed? Navalny was poisoned? Politicians and journalists killed even if they were outside of Russia? Plane bombing in 2014? Horrific protests of Belarus with so many killed and brutally tortured/raped by the police? When Lukashenko sat down a civilian air craft to get a journalist from it, by threatening fo blow up your bleeping European jet? Where exactly were you, when we're screaming, that all of is because of putin and his personal army of 500000 brutal police forces, that are trained and brainwashed against their own citizens, and the money he's giving to Lukashenko? Where were you, when we cried and begged to do SOMETHING? To sanction his oligarchs, who are all in your countries? Oh, we remember all too well, where you were. You're smiling and flirting with him, inviting him to all the events, buying his oil and gas, giving him the Olympics, FIFA and all the other stuff, while welcoming all the corrupt governments and their families with their billions in your countries. Not hearing us screaming that he won't stop on us, because it was all convenient for you and you've looooooooved those dirty blood money.
And now you not giving us visas to leave this nightmare, trapping us with this insane madmad, who hates us and will shoot us all, saying "Do something about it". Thanks for the moral support, guys - great job👏👏🖕

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, at parts. My friends are being bombed, I have no more feature, as is my country, I'm crying about the deaths in Ukraine, crying about my little sisters and all the other kids, who doesn't deserve it, crying about Tom and Will (husband and son, i think) returning to London for safety reasons, begging me to go with them and me refusing. About the fact that I gave the ring back to them, because I'm afraid that soon I'd have to sell it to buy any food. Crying about how banks are blocking the cards of anyone who's sending the last money they have to Ukraine, about how the government is taking the law about the state treason, that will send us to jail for 20 years if we'll protest or even call the war war, not "special operation". Crying about all the tens of millions people here, that are not supporting this in the slightest and who has families and friends that are currently being bombed. It's all just way too much.

Later today I'll be going around my district, putting on the posters against war and to the protests after that. Wish me luck💙💛

P.S. And thank you, guys, for you to my last message. I've read it and it means a lot. You're all wonderful people

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This is a post from a Tattler on my usual thread (Lydia Millen). She is Russian and gives some insight into what it's like there now. I'm sure she won't mind me posting here.

Part 1

Appreciate you not forgetting me. Tapped on the link by mistake and saw the mentioning💙💙
(In answer to how are things)
I ahhhhh...Well, not well, to put it that way. For a plenty of reasons. What is happening in Ukraine is absolutely terrifying and outrageous and they're so brave, defending their home. I'm constantly writing to my friends in Ukraine, my best friend has a sister there and taking large amount of calming pills any time she can't contact her or we see that bombs are being dropped again. On top of this horror, we're hit with such a killer sanctions, that there will be no my Russia soon. Botoxed duck (Putin) will lose in Ukraine and then he'll return home and kill ones of us that are still alive by then and not dead of starvation and lack of medicine. Two days ago the World's Cancer Organisation dropped any relations with the country, meaning no chances of surviving for the patients, including little children. The West is blocking social media, because it should stop the duck somehow, while we're losing the legit sources of information of what's actually going on.
The propaganda here is absolutely crazy. I know you can't really understand, unless you live in it, because it's very historical. Look at the last 100 years in a history of Russia. It's a very short period in reality - 2 world wars, several revolutions, the rise and fall of USSR, Cold War, Stalin with his Gulags, that killed and tortured more people, than bleeping Hitler!!!! And all of it was against their own citizens. People were taught time and time again, that horizontal connections shouldn't exist, that you shouldn't trust anyone, because they will betray you and you'll end up in bloody Siberia or killed. So of course some people fall for the 24/7 propaganda about how the West hates us, because they're alive during the Cold War or great repressions. Especially when on tv they're saying that we're freeing our brother's from Nazi. And it's a very painful topic for older generation, so they're hitting all the right spots. All those people are being kept at level of being not just poor, but barely surviving - they haven't seen the world, they don't know any better. They only have horrible experiences from going from one crisis to the next.

As for the protests, you have no idea how scary and dangerous it is here. It's not even about your own life, because you can absolutely be jailed, fined for life or even killed. They will come for your families - your parents will be fired and their lives will be turned into hell. And people are still coming! People are coming with their children and then people are getting arrested with their kids!!!!!!!!
My friend who lives in Murmansk has said exactly the same. People who protest are losing their jobs. Mothers with children laying flowers outside the Ukrainian embassy were all arrested and put in cells the children too. Teachers are being pressured into brainwashing the children with lies. Propaganda on TV is unbelievable.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Reactions: 16
Absolute bollocks going on from Roman Abramavich.

He's making it sound like the Ukraine will mostly benefit, but he's still not condemned Putin and we know that his relationship with Putin is brother like.

Net proceeds even when he's writing of his debt still isn't good enough in my book when he's a top Oligarch and will still pocket a bigger fortune than the Ukraine will receive, when some money could still go to Russia to help fight this war.

Our Government should have added him to the list ages ago, but I'm thinking they didn't as Chelsea is an English club so wanted to protect that.

If he really didn't care about money then he'd have issued a statement condemning Putin and saying England was his home and that he'd stay loyal by donating a huge percentage of profits to the Ukraine.

The fact that he's not spoken out against Russia and Putin speaks volumes to me and just confirms that it's all about money and loyalty

Background on Putin & Abramovich’s relationship:

When Putin formed his first cabinet as Prime Minister in 1999, Abramovich interviewed each of the candidates for cabinet positions before they were approved. Subsequently, Abramovich would remain one of Putin's closest confidants. In 2007, Putin consulted in meetings with Abramovich on the question of who should be his successor as president; Medvedev was personally recommended by Abramovich.

Chris Hutchins, a biographer of Putin, described the relationship between the Russian president and Abramovich as like that between a father and a favourite son. Abramovich has said that when he addresses Putin he uses the Russian language's formal "вы" (like Spanish "usted", German "Sie", Italian "voi" or French "vous"), as opposed to the informal "ты" (Spanish "tú", German "du", Italian "tu" or French "tu"). Abramovich says that the reason is 'he is more senior than me'. Within the Kremlin, Abramovich is referred to as "Mr A".

U.S. media reports that the U.S. intelligence community believes Abramovich is a "bag carrier", a financial middleman for Putin.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Ditto. I think this actually very brave.
I'm really not convinced. He's protecting his money and arse.
If he's got Ukrainian family then he could speak up against Russia, but he hasn't. Which as I say speaks volumes

Reactions: 21
Sorry if this is a silly question but why knowing the convoy have hardly been moving and knowing exactly where it is. Why haven’t Ukraine bombed the lot or at least a huge amount?

Reactions: 11
He is incredibly brave. I really hope he comes through this.
It is unthinkable to think that the RU may find and capture him. I just have to believe that 'the world' wouldn't allow that. Imagine him at the hands of RU operative?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The next town over from where I live has a big lorry park, for the last couple of days a few Ukrainian hgv drivers have been stranded there, they had no fuel no food and couldn't contact their families or employers, The town rallied round and fed them they have now got fuel and been able to move on and are heading home not knowing if they have family or homes left to go to truly heartbreaking. 💙💛

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

When Putin formed his first cabinet as Prime Minister in 1999, Abramovich interviewed each of the candidates for cabinet positions before they were approved. Subsequently, Abramovich would remain one of Putin's closest confidants. In 2007, Putin consulted in meetings with Abramovich on the question of who should be his successor as president; Medvedev was personally recommended by Abramovich.

Chris Hutchins, a biographer of Putin, described the relationship between the Russian president and Abramovich as like that between a father and a favourite son. Abramovich has said that when he addresses Putin he uses the Russian language's formal "вы" (like Spanish "usted", German "Sie", Italian "voi" or French "vous"), as opposed to the informal "ты" (Spanish "tú", German "du", Italian "tu" or French "tu"). Abramovich says that the reason is 'he is more senior than me'. Within the Kremlin, Abramovich is referred to as "Mr A".

U.S. media reports that the U.S. intelligence community believes Abramovich is a "bag carrier", a financial middleman for Putin.
Stupid question. This being common knowledge why or how does he own Chelsea? How stupid of Chelsea to get theirselves in a position of owing a corrupt Russian all that money. The OH reckons that if he did call the loan in it would be the end of Chelsea. I said to him good. They deserve to go down the pan for being so greedy and so stupid. He just laughed at me.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15

Exactly!

I'm glad I'm not a Chelsea supporter because morally that support with what he's doing needs to be questioned.
Unfortunately because club comes before anything over here, all any supporter will see is... awww isn't he lovely supporting the Ukraine 🙄 and completely overlooking where the majority of the money is going

Never mind WW3, football fans with any sense (although that's maybe few and far inbetween 😂) will kick off over this and cause more ructions than Putin ever could

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.