Ukraine Russia War #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
35 abstain from the UN vote, what!
Algeria
Angola
Armenia
Bangladesh
Bolivia
Burundi
Central Africa Republic
China
Conga
Cuba
Elsavador
India
Iran
Iraq
Kazakhstan
Kyrgystan
Lao PDR
Madasgar
Mali
Mongolia
Madagascar
Mozambique
Namibia
Nicaragua
Pakistan
Senegal
South Africa
South Sudan
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Tajikistann
Uganda
United Republic Tanzania
Viet Nam
Zimbabwe

We probably won't miss most of them. However, technically my home is in India. We moved there from Singapore (we are British but overseas expats for nearly 20 years) I came back to England from India at the end of 2020 with my children, in October 2021 my husband left India to be here with the children as I am in hospital we have left a home there with some of our belongings.
We loved our preCovid life in India. Life then became difficult.

And the 5 Abstainees :

Belarus
Korea, democratic people's republic
Eritrea
Russia
Syrian

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So how come the Russian nerve agent attack on Salisbury didn't trigger a NATO response? Seeing as it was a Russian attack in Nato territory

Reactions: 20
So it’s taken a whole day for the Russia troops to travel 2 miles?! Still 15 miles away?

the scenes are horrendous. I don’t see how any of this is going to end well and I hate sitting here being unable to do anything.

Reactions: 17

Yel

So how come the Russian nerve agent attack on Salisbury didn't trigger a NATO response? Seeing as it was a Russian attack in Nato territory
It wasn't in NATO territory but I think the sanctions and going after oligarchs should have started when they downed the jet and killed mostly NATO member citizens

NationNumber
Australia27
Belgium4
Canada[c]1
Germany[d]4
Indonesia12
Malaysia[e]43
Netherlands[f]193
New Zealand1
Philippines3
United Kingdom[g]10
Total298

• Sad
Reactions: 19
How is Dawn’s boyfriend now? He was lucky to escape with his life. Is he still in Salisbury?
He lives locally, yes. But since the initial attack he has gone blind (recovered his vision) has several strokes and meningitis, his immune system has been wrecked by the poison. But only time will tell just how bad he has been affected, for nearly 2 years he could only move half his body. I guess his life is as well as he can be. He will probably never forgive himself for picking up that perfume bottle.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
👆🏼Yay! 👏 well said anonymous!

Have they managed to get that message out within Russia do you know?
I don't know if it's been said previously as I've not been keeping up with the threads but I did see that Anonymous were asking Russians to leave factual *anti-propaganda* reviews on Trip Adviser and similar to spread the message where Social Media and communications are limited.
"Great food but please understand that Putun is not being truthful... etc, etc".

Reactions: 13
He lives locally, yes. But since the initial attack he has gone blind (recovered his vision) has several strokes and meningitis, his immune system has been wrecked by the poison. But only time will tell just how bad he has been affected, for nearly 2 years he could only move half hour body. I guess his life is as well as he can be. He will probably never forgive himself for picking up that perfume bottle.
That’s horrendous, poor man 😢

• Sad

Yel

I was wondering if Kyiv had looked at installing iron Dome Israeli defenses and apparently Israel blocked it last year to maintain their ties to Russia. Imagine if they had of installed it.

Not sure there's enough time to put anything in now before it's all flattened.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
A few days ago on a previous thread, a poster mentioned they knew a Russian man who lives in the UK, who had been contacted to return and fight in Russia. Does anyone else know of any Russian men living here who have also been asked/told to go and sign up in Russia - and what did they do? I'm sure there will be lots who simply don't want to return to join in a war, fight and kill others.

I've been Googling Pasha Kovalev, who married Rachel Riley and lives here, to establish whether he's stayed in the UK with his family, but he's keeping quiet. Good for him.

He lives locally, yes. But since the initial attack he has gone blind (recovered his vision) has several strokes and meningitis, his immune system has been wrecked by the poison. But only time will tell just how bad he has been affected, for nearly 2 years he could only move half hour body. I guess his life is as well as he can be. He will probably never forgive himself for picking up that perfume bottle.
Do you know how the police officer is who also suffered and had to retire? I read that they lost absolutely everything - all their belongings (clothes, childrens toys, photographs, etc) had to be destroyed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It is not officially recognised as an attack by Russia, Britain says they did it. Same as with Litvinenko.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I meant to ask this the other day, but when I was watching the Molotov cocktails being made, I noticed they were breaking up sheets of styrofoam and using that. Does anyone know the reason for this or what it does/adds?

Reactions: 7
Just a matter of time now before Russia enters Kyiv now. 15 miles away are the tanks. I don’t understand why they’ve been ‘slow’ - siege mentally?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I meant to ask this the other day, but when I was watching the Molotov cocktails being made, I noticed they were breaking up sheets of styrofoam and using that. Does anyone know the reason for this or what it does/adds?
The styrofoam works to make the Molotov sticky and helps it stick to vehicles and to other targets.

Reactions: 18
I believe it was said that it makes them more sticky, I don't know more than that though!

Reactions: 7

Yel

Pasted from Wikipedia, but the Russian public response to the Salisbury poisonings says it all. The Kremlin released a video with the two spys virtually laughing claiming they were there to visit Salisbury and the X number of steps in the spire.

Russian public opinion
The Moscow Times reported later in the year of the poisonings:

The results of the survey published by the independent Levada Center pollster [in October 2018] say that 28 percent of Russians believe that British intelligence services were behind Skripals' poisoning, with only 3 percent saying they believe their own intelligence officers carried out the attack. Another 56 percent said that "it could have been anyone".

Meanwhile, 37 percent of respondents said they knew about the case in detail and 33 percent said they had "heard something" about it, with another 20 percent saying they had heard nothing about the poisoning.

• Sad
Do you know how the police officer is who also suffered and had to retire? I read that they lost absolutely everything - all their belongings (clothes, childrens toys, photographs, etc) had to be destroyed.
I don't know, but he tried several times to return to work and was not able to do so. Yes their homes - Dawn's boyfriend also, was completely destroyed including all belongings inside. Devastating for them all.

Pasted from Wikipedia, but the Russian public response to the Salisbury poisonings says it all. The Kremlin released a video with the two spys virtually laughing claiming they were there to visit Salisbury and the X number of steps in the spire.

Russian public opinion
The Moscow Times reported later in the year of the poisonings:

The results of the survey published by the independent Levada Center pollster [in October 2018] say that 28 percent of Russians believe that British intelligence services were behind Skripals' poisoning, with only 3 percent saying they believe their own intelligence officers carried out the attack. Another 56 percent said that "it could have been anyone".

Meanwhile, 37 percent of respondents said they knew about the case in detail and 33 percent said they had "heard something" about it, with another 20 percent saying they had heard nothing about the poisoning.
Just hideous.

I wish people were more aware of the long term impact the attack had.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.