UK spider season (no pictures)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just had a massive one in my bathroom jump out at me when i turned the light on i’d have thought this weather would have killed the nasty bastards off

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Last night I went to the bathroom. My boyfriend goes in straight after. He tells me while he was in there, a huge black bodied one ran across the floor 🤢 It sent me into such a panic because I was literally in there a minute before. (Thankfully he got rid of it though).

Has anyone actually improved their spider phobia? Because mine is getting out of control 😩 Literally woke up in a cold sweat shaking because I had a dream about it being in our bedroom.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Has anyone actually improved their spider phobia? Because mine is getting out of control 😩 Literally woke up in a cold sweat shaking because I had a dream about it being in our bedroom.
Mine has got worse as I've got older and this is with hypnosis a year ago to try and help. I do recognise that the size of the bastards makes a big difference to my reaction - up to a certain size I can leave the room and get someone to remove it, past a certain size my reaction is now in the form of a panic attack (shaking, sweating, difficulty breathing, can't speak, crying). It's ridiculous and so embarrassing but I don't know what I can do to try and control my reaction. I guess that's what a proper phobia is.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mine has got worse as I've got older and this is with hypnosis a year ago to try and help. I do recognise that the size of the bastards makes a big difference to my reaction - up to a certain size I can leave the room and get someone to remove it, past a certain size my reaction is now in the form of a panic attack (shaking, sweating, difficulty breathing, can't speak, crying). It's ridiculous and so embarrassing but I don't know what I can do to try and control my reaction. I guess that's what a proper phobia is.
This is me. It’s the bigger ones that properly freak me out, I can usually cope with small ones. I feel bad because now my 6yo has a phobia of them and I think it’s through seeing my reaction. I do try to explain to him that mum is just being silly to be afraid of them and that they really won’t hurt him.

Reactions: 3
This is me. It’s the bigger ones that properly freak me out, I can usually cope with small ones. I feel bad because now my 6yo has a phobia of them and I think it’s through seeing my reaction. I do try to explain to him that mum is just being silly to be afraid of them and that they really won’t hurt him.
Yep exactly the same here. And I think that's all you can do. Thankfully my kids are old enough now to know that I am a total freak when it come to spiders and that my reaction isn't normal. My eldest is quite good at removing them up to a certain size, my youngest is very much "duck that"!

• Haha
Yep exactly the same here. And I think that's all you can do. Thankfully my kids are old enough now to know that I am a total freak when it come to spiders and that my reaction isn't normal. My eldest is quite good at removing them up to a certain size, my youngest is very much "duck that"!
My eldest used to pick them up when he was a toddler 😰 used to freak me out so much 😅

I have to call on my husband to remove them or if he’s not home it’s a job for the hoover. My cats are useless they just play with them now 😂

My eldest used to pick them up when he was a toddler 😰 used to freak me out so much 😅

I have to call on my husband to remove them or if he’s not home it’s a job for the hoover. My cats are useless they just play with them now 😂
My cat is bloody useless too, just looks at them gormlessly and then back at me as if to say "mummy what's that?" I can't do the vacuum thing because WHAT IF I MISS IT AND IT RUNS UP THE VACUUM PIPE TOWARDS ME INSTEAD?!!!

• Haha
A few years ago I left my jacket on the spare bed for a few days, then put it on without the (now) customary good shake.

200 yards down the road and I felt a tickle on my wrist and saw 2 big legs emerging from my sleeve. How I pulled the car up safely before getting out and hurling my jacket across the road I will never know. Never did see what happened to the spider 😱

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
A few years ago I left my jacket on the spare bed for a few days, then put it on without the (now) customary good shake.

200 yards down the road and I felt a tickle on my wrist and saw 2 big legs emerging from my sleeve. How I pulled the car up safely before getting out and hurling my jacket across the road I will never know. Never did see what happened to the spider 😱
Yep the jacket is his now 😰

I would have probably crashed so you did good to get parked up first, proud of you 😂 👏🏻

• Haha
Yep the jacket is his now 😰

I would have probably crashed so you did good to get parked up first, proud of you 😂 👏🏻
My car would've been written off!

Just seen a HUGE bugger in my downstairs loo😭 I thought we were supposed to be out of spider season now?! Is it the up and down in temperature that's doing it?

Reactions: 1
I may have said this before here, but do any of you have the red can Raid spray for crawling insects, I know spiders aren’t insects but I promise you it works a treat. I have a can up and downstairs and it has gone some way to help me manage my spider anxiety. Justbecause it takes them down fast, so you can either hit them with a shoe or, even if they do run under somtmething, they’re unlikely to emerge unexpectedly later.

Apologies to all those who want them dealt with humanely. But you aren’t in my tribe. I wish I was in yours, but experience has taught me I’m really not 😂

I spray lemon pledge furniture polish around my bed. Keeps them away. I would die if I saw one coming down over my head....DIE!!!
The lemon works great...I know I need to spray again when they show up....eeeee. I now have oily stuff on my walls but I don't care.

I’ve been in a tizz with the thought of them, I get like this living alone. I have those air bricks and I know last summer there was a fat one who lived in the one in the living room because I seen it crawl outside. I’ve recently discovered behind it on the inside is the gas cupboard which has a huge hole 😩 there’s all web in there so rather than hoover I’ve taped all the doors up and sprayed for now.

I also bought vac bags and sealed all the stuff under my bed. I’m going to buy more and declutter everywhere over the week, limiting soft furnishings around the house, as well as winter coats hanging up. I hoover daily and spray the circumference of rooms/doors/windows with a spray every week or few. I also bought these things to go at the bottom of the doors but my floors are uneven 🙃

I want to buy fresh seals for around the doors and a caulk for little holes around skirting. I feel a lot better when I do things like that.

I may have said this before here, but do any of you have the red can Raid spray for crawling insects, I know spiders aren’t insects but I promise you it works a treat. I have a can up and downstairs and it has gone some way to help me manage my spider anxiety. Justbecause it takes them down fast, so you can either hit them with a shoe or, even if they do run under somtmething, they’re unlikely to emerge unexpectedly later.

Apologies to all those who want them dealt with humanely. But you aren’t in my tribe. I wish I was in yours, but experience has taught me I’m really not 😂
I use RAID on spiders and thank the Lord for it, it keeps me sane. I usually have to open a lot of windows afterwards but it gets rid of them quickly I need to start restocking now!!

Spider season has officially begun! I had a huge fucker leg it across my living room floor this morning! 😭

Back to living on edge, shaking towels and checking all 4 corners of every room I enter 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
It was a beautiful day yesterday and I just couldn't bring myself to open the windows just encase any of the leggy beasts got in I hate them so much 😪

• Sad
It’s getting to that stage of the year now where my children want to go play out in the back garden again after school and I just know that several spiders have probably strolled on in this week without a care in the world. Dreading the thoughts of seeing one, but it feels inevitable!

• Sad
The season has definitely begun - there was just a massive ugly one next to my head in the shower 🫣

• Sad
Reactions: 1