UK spider season (no pictures)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m always suspicious about those courses as I don’t remember having a phobia as a child until I held a tarantula at a museum and then it all went downhill from there 🙃

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My local zoo offers this too. My dad was trying to persuade me to do it but it costs £90 and all they'll probably do is get you to hold a tarantula and tell you that spiders won't hurt you. I know that! What do I do when there's a spider in my room and I can't go near it?!?! for £90 i'd want someone on hand I can call whenever i have a problem with one 😂
I don't really have an issue with tarantulas, so that wouldn't work for me. It's house spiders i'm phobic of. :confused:

I’m always suspicious about those courses as I don’t remember having a phobia as a child until I held a tarantula at a museum and then it all went downhill from there 🙃
My husband is trying to get me to go on one of these courses but I won’t cos they will try to make me hold a spider. I hate them all but it’s the massive house spiders that give me panic attacks.
I won’t go to Australia either, their house spiders are like ours on steroids! 😱

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The London Zoo one has good reviews, and i think there's hypnotherapy involved too x

• Wow
Reactions: 1
It's happened again. I get lulled into a false sense of security, thinking I haven't seen many spiders for a couple of weeks. Then last night an enormous house fucker dashed out from under the couch beside me towards the television. Nightmare! We got him caught and put out in the shed. My heart though! Just can't cope with a) the size of some of these house spiders, and b) how much of a shock I get at how quick they move... 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
It's happened again. I get lulled into a false sense of security, thinking I haven't seen many spiders for a couple of weeks. Then last night an enormous house fucker dashed out from under the couch beside me towards the television. Nightmare! We got him caught and put out in the shed. My heart though! Just can't cope with a) the size of some of these house spiders, and b) how much of a shock I get at how quick they move... 🙁
Same. I was thinking maybe the season’s coming to an end as this thread had been quiet also. Then I opened that same bloody kitchen drawer I mentioned in an earlier post and that giant spider was back in there. I mean, how the hell did that happen? I’d thrown the whole drawer outside and watched the spider crawl away from the house. And it was back in exactly the same place. Threw the drawer out the back this time and it definitely left but I’m gonna be on edge every time I open it now.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
I think some years the season comes in waves, maybe weather influenced? So while I've settled a lot more now, I'm not getting complacent and am still checking towels etc before I use them, in case another flurry is due 😬

Same. I was thinking maybe the season’s coming to an end as this thread had been quiet also. Then I opened that same bloody kitchen drawer I mentioned in an earlier post and that giant spider was back in there. I mean, how the hell did that happen? I’d thrown the whole drawer outside and watched the spider crawl away from the house. And it was back in exactly the same place. Threw the drawer out the back this time and it definitely left but I’m gonna be on edge every time I open it now.
There is something supernatural and evil about these ba&tards!🕷👿

Reactions: 3
Found a huge one on the kitchen floor a few days ago, and it was surrounded by a trail of its droppings :sick:

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Looks like things have been all quiet on here, so hoping no one else has had to deal with any bastard arachnids recently.

Today my son went into the downstairs cloakroom and said there was a spider in the mirror. I asked what he meant and he said, “you have to look in the mirror”. The mirror faces the door, but there are loads of coats on the back of the door, so to see what he meant I had to go in, shut the door behind me and look in the mirror. Reflected back, right next to the coats on the wall was a 2p sized thick spider. I called my other son to deal with it so he disappeared inside and came out later with an empty glass. When I asked where it was, he shrugged and said it was too fast and had run off…under the coats.😲

• Wow
  • Sad
I have a false widow living on my balcony. She doesn’t bother anyone but when I go out for a fag when it’s dark I slam the door really hard so she crawls back into her little cubby hole and I can’t see her. I think we kind of have an agreement but I don’t trust her 100%.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There was a massive one in my house yesterday - they're still here!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Eurgh there was one in the boys room the other day just sat on top of a sock.
I called my husband to get it and whilst I’m waiting the cat came and ate it. And now I’m wondering as we’ve seen zero this year except that one. Have the cats been eating them. They’ve given me the ick now.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Came back to the car in the Tesco carpark and a humongous monster spider was sitting on the roof where it meets the top of the windscreen 🤢 It was too dark to take a shoe off to knock it over so I splashed some water on it and it scurried across the carpark…my nerves driving home!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Is it stopping now for every one? Weirdly enough. We seem to get one on special occasions. There was one on the ceiling of Xmas Eve last year in kids room. And one in my sons room last year on my birthday. So creepy. Hopefully won’t be a repeat of it this year 😂