Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Why do we like any sport? Rugby is just big blokes tackling each other and trying to snatch an egg shaped ball and kick it really high, running is just people walking faster than normal, skateboarding is just standing on a wooden plank with wheels on. Etc etc. We all know sports is much more than that in reality. I find these kind of people who dismiss and belittle the things people enjoy in life to be really boring themselves tbh. Bet they’re fun to watch the Olympics with!

I cried a bit when England lost. Came from nowhere. 10 mins and I got it out of my system though😂
I've no idea. My favourite sports are MMA and boxing. There's arguably more respect in that sport than football, even among the fans tbh. These are sports where the competitors are trying to knock each other out and cause physical harm to one another too. Many people would call those sports barbaric, but fighting has been going on for thousands of years.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

HelloStereo

VIP Member
I can't chill out here. I'm going to have a heart attack or something.
My family are Spurs fans, we know that 1-0 at half time isn't a guarantee 🙈
I know 😏. Toon fan here we have shithoused our way to draws with you guys in the second half 😅

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Appalling. How can people reasonably blame Rashford? What about the 120 minutes that were played without him? If England were the far superior team it never would’ve gone as far as penalties in the first place, those three penalty takers are being made scapegoats. As for the racist shit on Twitter, not only is it vile but incredibly stupid, are the saying they would’ve scored if they were white? Dopes the lot of them, the real supporters support the team win, lose or draw.
Shows how fickle a game it is and players are only as good as their last goal you're only a commodity at the end of the day.

Wind Fish

I expect a fair bit of the racist abuse online was people from other countries (as twitter have said) like Scotland who have a deep routed hatred of the English and want to make them look bad. Outside of sport most english ppl don't have any bad will against Scottish ppl, but anti English sentiment is not uncommon outside of sport in Scotland with even their own government whipping it up and creativing division.

• Angry

Skyeball

Chatty Member
My mum says my dad is incoherent. I have assured her that her daughter and grandchildren are a matching set.
FFS..

• Haha

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I’d agree with that, maybe Saka put himself forward but I guess ultimately it would’ve been GS’s call. Poor guy was in tears afterwards, I felt really sorry for him. Was surprised that Sterling didn’t take one after the form he’s been in? Then again maybe he was carrying an injury from that dive against Denmark 🤪 (I’m joking 🙈😂)
Never let a city player take a penalty!

• Haha

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I think they should get rid of the runners up medals no one ever wants them, who was to be reminded they were so close to winning. Look at Mourinho who said he would throw his caraboa cup final losers medal away, didnt situation, less important but still the regarding a losers medal. Also what team after losing wants to climb a them steps to collect a losers medal (I assume they did this from watching other football at Wembley, I was working so didn’t see). Also for the guys who missed the penalties it’s just a reminder that if they had scored they would’ve won.

rlouisep9

VIP Member
If you look at the live tweets that were done seconds ago there really is next to none of it being posted now.
I think after someone found a poster's LinkedIn and everyone started tagging their employer, it's probably scared a few people into deleting what they've said or just keeping their vile thoughts in their head, especially now they will be sober.

I've seen quite a few screenshots of comments on Instagram and tweets, but I've also seen way more supportive posts that are flooding out anything negative.

Feeling quite deflated this morning, really because of the behaviour of some of the 'fans'. I felt we deserved to get as far as we did and it was SO close.

Lovelula

VIP Member
Bout time the Italians came alive tbh, let them both fight for it now with passion..

Damien Duff made a comment before the game about England fans being in Beer gardens all day and the crowd could turn if they conceded a goal.I thought it was an interesting thing to say....

Reactions: 1