Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blue Rose

VIP Member
This kind of reminds me of the cricket World Cup where it came down to a super over. England won by the skin of their teeth!

Reactions: 2

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I think it's pretty evident from a lot of comments and reactions (not only on here, and not singling anyone out) that a huge number of 'fans' only watch tournament football, and even then only when their team is playing so don't really appreciate the ins and outs of getting results and colouring as close to the lines as possible.

Some of the greatest players and teams in the world, not only in football, know how to push and play the rules to their advantage. It's part of sport.
Would agree with this 100%. Football is a physical game. Ive seen a lot of people use the word 'dirty' this tournament to describe game play from several teams, not just Italy and I have to be honest. I really havent seen it. 6 red cards the whole tournament isnt too bad.

If I was a manager and at 20 seconds to go until ET and a draw Id be ok with my player doing a bit of shirt pulling 🙈

Sterling dived in the Denmark game which resulted in a penalty which wasnt a penalty and he knew it. Its cheating also 🤷‍♀️

Chilleni was not a red, Jorghino is a potential red but it depends what the ref sees. I feel the angle of the photo being used makes it look worse but when I watched it real time I felt the yellow was fair.

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
the bitterness of so many irish and scottish people is ridiculous. sad gits.
It's normal in football to have rivalries and given the rest of history between our fair isles I think it's pretty understandable. Also, most of those comments on here are clearly meant to be a laugh. Obviously anything obnoxious or abusive is ridiculous. But normal football slagging is grand and something fans from everywhere do.

As for taking off the medals, any team from any country would see players doing the same. It's way too raw at that point to be paraded up for runners up medals.

Last edited:
Can I make a points here? First up, this is a genuine question, I'm not trolling and generally want a real debate and to hear what people think....

I think it's hypocritical that people are talking about racism towards the BAME community here, but in the next breath are sharing memes and making jokes about Italy and boycotting pizza and pasta and Italian restaurants, and the 🤌🏼 movements the players did with their hands and how typically Italian it was? Imagine if we made assumptions and stereotypes about the BAME community, there would be an outroar. Or if I said all asians like noodles and rice, that's a little offensive, no?
That's why I feel that many of the people who seem to shout loudest about black lives mattering are pure hypocrites and generally people I've experienced being racist about for example, asians, polish and eastern europeans, the middle east and more. For me, a lot (not all, of course) of the people spouting off about BLM and racism on social media are looking for likes and band wagonry. It makes me angry though to see big pages on social media and a lot of people make jokes about Italy and that's by the by but heaven forbid anything bad is said about the black community. Just to clarify - I'm not defending the racist comments either that the footballers got on Sunday, it's absolutely disgraceful. Especially when Saka was so young and under pressure as it was.

Clairer86

VIP Member
Buzzing for Italy. They dominated the second half and were by far the better team tonight, creating more chances and constantly pressing. Their goal was coming for a long time.

Roll on next month and the PL to start and people for back to hating each other again rather than an england love in 😃
Yes! I find it so strange cheering for players i actually dislike. Its not as bad now as it was during the 2000's Sven/Fabio years. But at least now its going back to normal and back to club football (which is my first love i must admit).

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Regarding Chiellini's foul. It wasnt a red as per the actual rules of football, it would only have been a red had Saka being going at goal. It was a yellow.

Italy would not be the first team at 20 seconds to go are willing to take one for the team to get that push through to ET or the final whistle to prevent a defeat.

Ive seen many a yellow or even red card dished out where the player has gone in hard to prevent a goal. Right or wrongly it happens.

Shit to lose, shit to lose a final on penalties. World Cup is a year away, they need to go again.