Tv recommendations?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not exactly a recommendation but is anyone else watching Shipwrecked? Sadly I'm a bit addicted after I swore I wouldn't watch it after first episode as it was so different from 2000s series. Harry and Liv are just vile. Not even sure why Liv wasn't removed from the island after throwing a bottle of water over another islander.

Reactions: 1
I've totally loved watching SAS Who Dares Wins this year. Series 4 finished last week - best one yet and it doesn't really matter if you haven't seen it before. Much better than your average 'watch a group of people go on a journey and compete to see who makes it to the end' type of show and a bit of rugged soldier type eye candy thrown in for the more shallow (like me!)

Also love Line of Duty, Happy Valley and The Missing and second those recommendations. Looking forward to The Missing spin-off, Baptiste, which starts tonight.

Also recommend Killing Eve featuring the fantastic actress that plays the new wife in Dr Foster (but not connected to that show). Amazing drama - very slick and stylish and very gripping!

Reactions: 3
Looking forward to The Missing spin-off, Baptiste, which starts tonight.
Thanks for this. I enjoyed The Missing, didn't realise Baptists was a spin off.

A bit of a catch up
Shetland has returned and is in its second week but available on I player
And
The absolutely excellent and well crafted Waking The Dead with Trevor Eve is being shown on Channel 2o Freeview - Drama again
It really is worth a watch its around 11,20 for 2 and half hours

Devious Maids was so funny and well written.

Why Women Kill (the dramedy written by Marc Cherry [also did Desperate Housewives], not the crime show), is amaaaazing.

I loved Mistresses - both the UK and US versions; the US version was a copycat of the UK series but ran for longer so did more with the characters' storylines. It was great while it lasted, although the final episode wrapped up ridiculously fast.

True Detective (season 1)

Constructed as a nonlinear narrative, season one focuses on Louisiana State Policehomicide detectives Rustin "Rust" Cohle(McConaughey) and Martin "Marty" Hart (Harrelson), who investigated the murder of prostitute Dora Lange in 1995. Seventeen years later, they must revisit the investigation, along with several other unsolved crimes. During this time, Hart's infidelity threatens his marriage to Maggie (Monaghan), and Cohle struggles to cope with his troubled past.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
True Detective (season 1)

Constructed as a nonlinear narrative, season one focuses on Louisiana State Policehomicide detectives Rustin "Rust" Cohle(McConaughey) and Martin "Marty" Hart (Harrelson), who investigated the murder of prostitute Dora Lange in 1995. Seventeen years later, they must revisit the investigation, along with several other unsolved crimes. During this time, Hart's infidelity threatens his marriage to Maggie (Monaghan), and Cohle struggles to cope with his troubled past.
I loved the first season but not the second one as much, I think Woody Harrelson was brilliant in it.

Save me - second season coming soon
Liar - think second season has just started
Cheat
Flesh and Blood
Deadwater Fell
Traces
The Stranger
White House Farm

Bodyguard ( about two years old ) it’s a series and it was AMAZING! Or the stranger .. recent and available on Netflix, equally gripping

Oh so you never found out who killed Rosie? It was devastating, I actually cried. I can tell you, if you'd like! By pm, so I don't potencially ruin it for whoever might be interested in watching.

I'm an insomniac too. [emoji2962][emoji2957] So my fave ways to battle it are films, series and narrator channels on Youtube. There are some great ones which help me fall asleep! But it's heavy stories, paranormal, road trips, middle of nowhere, let's not meet, etc. My fave channel is Mortis Media, he's soooo good!

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk
Finally I’ve found a fellow insomniac that listens to true scary stories 😊 people think I’m weird saying I listen to them to try and sleep.

Love Mortis Media and Lets Read, they are my two favourites. So get comfortable and let the darkness take control...

Race Across the World is an incredible show to binge. Second series started last week on BBC2.

Five groups have to race across the world without flying, on a budget and without a phone. Great show you if you love to travel!

For those who have already watched... Any similar shows?

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I'm watching Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness on Netflix.
I can't stop watching, despite needing to go to bed!
Honestly, I didn't think I'd rate it at all, but it's pure drop-jaw insanity and highly addictive viewing.
Try one episode, you'll be hooked!

Reactions: 3
The Bridge - crime series with collaboration between Danish and Swedish companies. Set in Malmo and Copenhagen. The female lead is 😍. Amazing telly.

Dicte - Danish series featuring a female journalist who covers crime. It’s set in Aarhus.

Last edited:
The Bridge - crime series with collaboration between Danish and Swedish companies. Set in Malmo and Copenhagen. The female lead is 😍. Amazing telly.

Dicte - Danish series featuring a female journalist who covers crime. It’s set in Aarhus.
The Bridge as in Bron/Broen?? Not the remake?? If so I love the original, Saga Noren is such a fantastic character.

Seeing as you like Danish crime/drama series, did you see Forbrydelsen (The Killing) and Borgan ?? You’ve probably seen them but wow they are brilliant. They write their female leads so fantastically.

Last edited:
The Bridge as in Bron/Broen?? Not the remake?? If so I love the original, Saga Noren is such a fantastic character.

Seeing as you like Danish crime/drama series, did you see Forbrydelsen (The Killing) and Borgan ?? You’ve probably seen them but wow they are brilliant. They write their female leads so fantastically.
I didn’t know there was more than one. The one with Sofia Helin.

I haven’t seen the ones you recommended but will have a look. For reason I didn’t tune into The Killing. Didn’t it bring about the fashion for a certain type of jumper?

I didn’t know there was more than one. The one with Sofia Helin.

I haven’t seen the ones you recommended but will have a look.
yeah that’s the one! They’ve done a few remakes now a british and American one (haven’t seen those).
The Killing is crime series and Borgen is a drama series about Denmark’s first female prime minster it’s fab.