TTC’ers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daft question possibly but google doesnt really help and i think the abundance of knowledge we all have on here combined would be much more useful : you know the tablets and supplements you can get to ‘improve female fertility’ are these worth taking if all ur fertility tests are normal ie no blockages, ovulating on time, ultrasounds found nothing abnormal. periods regular, blood tests fine? I miscarried in december after trying for 2.5 years. So back on the baby train again however because i know i can get pregnant now and all tests are ok is it worth taking more supplements or are these more for those who have had fertility issues identified? I am grateful i can concieve and have no obvious issues identified however it will be three years of trying soon and its more the unknown thats getting me down when i am doing everything i can?

And when i say supplements i dont mean folic acid/vitamin D as i am already taking them. Another point to make is i took them religiously and we also used the lubrication suitable for fertility and the second month i thought you know what i cant be arsed with this, and stopped taking anything i fell pregnant! So i do know its possible i can do it without but you spend time thinking what if dont you.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Xx
Who recommended you to take these fertility supplements ? If it was a doctor then I would suggest asking them.
If it was on your own accord from your research I would find out is it safe to use them over a certain period ? I would email the company and await their response. Check out reviews online. If you have not been recommended these supplements by a doctor maybe visit your doctor to enquire.

Reactions: 2
AF just arrived, the witch 😂 Oh well, maybe next time! Good luck everyone x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Sorry to hear about your loss. Xx
Who recommended you to take these fertility supplements ? If it was a doctor then I would suggest asking them.
If it was on your own accord from your research I would find out is it safe to use them over a certain period ? I would email the company and await their response. Check out reviews online. If you have not been recommended these supplements by a doctor maybe visit your doctor to enquire.
Doctor hasnt suggested them just online i have read about them, just wondered if anyone else has tried other methods. i will ask the doc! Thank you ☺

Reactions: 1
Sorry I can’t help but fingers crossed for you. Sounds promising but our minds can play tricks on us.
I get the whole addiction with pregnancy tests. I think I’m being clever by not storing any in the house but 5-6 days before expected AF I go to the nearest shop to get pregnancy tests.
When is your AF due ? Xx
Due tomorrow or Monday. Might nip to the shops today to get a FRER. I’ve actually never tried one before so we shall see 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
I said earlier in the thread that Amazon had FR tests for cheap - mine were fake!
Amazon have refunded me but on my test there was no branding or indicator on it. Not trusting the faint positive I got in this case but thought I’d make you all aware ❤

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Due tomorrow or Monday. Might nip to the shops today to get a FRER. I’ve actually never tried one before so we shall see 🤷‍♀️
What is FRER ? ☺ Ignore . I googled it 😆

Doctor hasnt suggested them just online i have read about them, just wondered if anyone else has tried other methods. i will ask the doc! Thank you ☺
I’m just eating clean and healthy as much as possible. Higher fat intake in my diet. Eating foods with higher folate in it. Eating oysters regularly. Having one vegetarian meal a day which includes lentils or beans. Instead of folic acid I take folate tablets due to one of my blood conditions. No doctor recommended I just thought it makes sense. Even though once I’m pregnant my doctor will subscribe me a higher dose of folic acid.
I have not been drinking alcohol since January but I had a glass the other day during my fertile window. I’m just trying not to drink as my doctor mentioned I have higher chances of conceiving if both myself and m partner do not consume alcohol .

Walking outside more in the sunlight.
Most importantly having sex at least 3-4 times during fertile window. Which is the hardest as I’m always horny outside of the fertile window. 😂
Fertile window dictates when to have sex so slightly off putting.

I think supplements only do so much. It’s our mental well-being, food which is more important then supplements. Plus having lots of sex. No sex no baby.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I said earlier in the thread that Amazon had FR tests for cheap - mine were fake!
Amazon have refunded me but on my test there was no branding or indicator on it. Not trusting the faint positive I got in this case but thought I’d make you all aware ❤
I was going to buy some from Amazon but saw lots of the reviews saying there were fake! That’s shocking!

What is FRER ? ☺ Ignore . I googled it 😆

I’m just eating clean and healthy as much as possible. Higher fat intake in my diet. Eating foods with higher folate in it. Eating oysters regularly. Having one vegetarian meal a day which includes lentils or beans. Instead of folic acid I take folate tablets due to one of my blood conditions. No doctor recommended I just thought it makes sense. Even though once I’m pregnant my doctor will subscribe me a higher dose of folic acid.
I have not been drinking alcohol since January but I had a glass the other day during my fertile window. I’m just trying not to drink as my doctor mentioned I have higher chances of conceiving if both myself and m partner do not consume alcohol .

Walking outside more in the sunlight.
Most importantly having sex at least 3-4 times during fertile window. Which is the hardest as I’m always horny outside of the fertile window. 😂
Fertile window dictates when to have sex so slightly off putting.

I think supplements only do so much. It’s our mental well-being, food which is more important then supplements. Plus having lots of sex. No sex no baby.
You are an inspiration. You are doing so so much, it really does show how unfair it is, when others are able to concieve during a one night stand, or overweight alcoholic, drug users! We will all get there in the end ⭐⭐⭐

You are an inspiration. You are doing so so much, it really does show how unfair it is, when others are able to concieve during a one night stand, or overweight alcoholic, drug users! We will all get there in the end ⭐⭐⭐
How many times are we all having sex during fertile window? Once a day? Every other day? More than once a day? I’ve seen several times a day could be too much for sperm count to replenish in time.

• Heart
Exactly. What can we do I’m blessed in many other ways. I do want children I thought by now I would be pregnant with my 2nd.
Life is full of surprises and soon ladies we will all have good news to share with one another.
Wishing everyone baby dust.
It’s hard I won’t lie. I am desperate in one way but I don’t allow that to take over. I know my time will come soon. Plus even if I do get pregnant the first 12 weeks will be very hard. I won’t believe I’m fully pregnant till the 13th week.
I am now going to make a hot chocolate
Xx

Reactions: 3
Exactly. What can we do I’m blessed in many other ways. I do want children I thought by now I would be pregnant with my 2nd.
Life is full of surprises and soon ladies we will all have good news to share with one another.
Wishing everyone baby dust.
It’s hard I won’t lie. I am desperate in one way but I don’t allow that to take over. I know my time will come soon. Plus even if I do get pregnant the first 12 weeks will be very hard. I won’t believe I’m fully pregnant till the 13th week.
I am now going to make a hot chocolate
Xx
Completely agree darling, small steps and keeping occupied is key i think. Embrace happiness in other aspects of life and miracles start to happen ⭐✨

I was going to buy some from Amazon but saw lots of the reviews saying there were fake! That’s shocking!
me too - and it wasn’t until I was having a google I realised there was no branding at all and no indicator at all! Amazon refunded me straight away but so frustrating. All the packing is legit it’s just non branded tests, which I assume that would still show but you can’t trust it can you! For the sake of an extra £4 I’ll always go to a shop now.

for the fertile window - we did every day but in future we would do every other if not. I think It still needs to be enjoyable and not a chore!

Just received confirmation from my doctor that I’ve got PCOS. I’ve been off contraception for a year now. Haven’t been trying every month due to husbands job but also had months of no bleeding.. which I now have an answer for - after many negative tests and crushed hopes. I wish I didn’t wait so long to get checked, I put lack of periods down to stress etc.

I’m just a bit lost really... where do I go from here? TTC for my first child and I don’t really know what this means now, I feel a bit clueless.

My doctor explained that it can happen naturally but I also might need some help so just to keep trying... should I have asked any questions?

I don’t really know what I’m after from posting this.. does anyone have any advise of where to go from here?
Maybe have a look at Berberine as a supplement. That’s meant to help if you have PCOS. But maybe your GP to see if they can maybe help? X

How many times are we all having sex during fertile window? Once a day? Every other day? More than once a day? I’ve seen several times a day could be too much for sperm count to replenish in time.
Every other day. But once i think it’s ovulation I have sex on that day and the next.

So I did a HPT, I couldn’t find FRER in any shops today. I think I have a very faint positive. Trying not to freak out yet as it is very faint and I’m still 1/2 days before AF🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Going to go to the £1 shop tomorrow and buy a whole load of cheapies 😅😅😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So I did a HPT, I couldn’t find FRER in any shops today. I think I have a very faint positive. Trying not to freak out yet as it is very faint and I’m still 1/2 days before AF🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻. Going to go to the £1 shop tomorrow and buy a whole load of cheapies 😅😅😅
Hahaha. Good luck. Can you not go to a superstore ?

Ok. I don’t know how your keeping calm. I hope Sunday brings you a lot of joy.
Thank you 🤞🏻🤞🏻 OH said he could see the line but has now changed his mind 🤷‍♀️. Time for pizza and trashy tv to keep my mind occupied ..

🤞 Good luck! 🤞

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.