TTC #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
11DPO, fighting the urge to test but as another poster said I’d rather get my Period thAn another negative.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had a query for anyone who has been using OPKs and Clearblue. I have been using the Pre-Mom OPKs for 2 months now and got my peak today (on CD15 as per last month). I decided to use one of the Clearblue test sticks earlier today just to see if it would match up and it gave the static circle for low fertility so now I’m really confused.

I’ve attached a photograph of the OPK, I’ve been recording these in the Pre-Mom app too.

Has anyone else ever had a mismatch between the two? Should I have started using the Clearblue test earlier so it had something to build up to (like the app reading and then setting low, high and peak) or should I be worried?

Attachments

i only took a test because I feel a bit crampy & thought I’d a tiny trace of a period coming but OMG. I can’t believe it.
OMGEEEE I have been thinking about you a lot you know since your post about your friend and really hoped it would happen for you soon! This is also so funny as you said this morning you didn’t want to test 😂 ahhhhhhhh brilliant just watch that line get darker now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had a query for anyone who has been using OPKs and Clearblue. I have been using the Pre-Mom OPKs for 2 months now and got my peak today (on CD15 as per last month). I decided to use one of the Clearblue test sticks earlier today just to see if it would match up and it gave the static circle for low fertility so now I’m really confused.

I’ve attached a photograph of the OPK, I’ve been recording these in the Pre-Mom app too.

Has anyone else ever had a mismatch between the two? Should I have started using the Clearblue test earlier so it had something to build up to (like the app reading and then setting low, high and peak) or should I be worried?
this happened me. The first day you use a clearblue it’s always a low fertility marker. I’d go with your Premom strip.

OMGEEEE I have been thinking about you a lot you know since your post about your friend and really hoped it would happen for you soon! This is also so funny as you said this morning you didn’t want to test 😂 ahhhhhhhh brilliant just watch that line get darker now ❤
thank you so much. Todays been a rollercoaster. I only tested cus I legit thought my period was coming & was in a right mood over it so just thought il get it out of the way! 🙈

Trying hard not to get my hopes up and il test again in the morning.

Also I’m so sorry I should’ve put a trigger warning on my post but I didn’t know how to ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 2
this happened me. The first day you use a clearblue it’s always a low fertility marker. I’d go with your Premom strip.

thank you so much. Todays been a rollercoaster. I only tested cus I legit thought my period was coming & was in a right mood over it so just thought il get it out of the way! 🙈

Trying hard not to get my hopes up and il test again in the morning.

Also I’m so sorry I should’ve put a trigger warning on my post but I didn’t know how to ☹
Thank you so much for responding and congratulations to you x

If you saw my posts a couple of wks ago here i was tearing my hair out with the opks....i have the purple clear blue opks and the pink clear blue opks and from the VERY SAME urine sample one opk was empty circle the other was peak!!!! Then my premom were peak and the clear blue were empty circle!!! I don't trust any of them!
Got a BFN today so heading into another cycle with the opks and dunno what to believe.

The premom opks...

When you upload the strips you get a numerical figure down the side of the screen i.e 0.5, 0.8, etc what do they indicate?? Should your strip be above a certain level? My highest last month was 0.91?

Last edited:
If you saw my posts a couple of wks ago here i was tearing my hair out with the opks....i have the purple clear blue opks and the pink clear blue opks and from the VERY SAME urine sample one opk was empty circle the other was peak!!!! Then my premom were peak and the clear blue were empty circle!!! I don't trust any of them!
Got a BFN today so heading into another cycle with the opks and dunno what to believe.
It’s so frustrating isn’t it because you follow one thing believing it to be correct as you’re following the instructions and it’s giving you the right readings but then nothing is happening so you start doubting it and wanting a second opinion and that gives you a whole other result.

How has nothing been developed for use at home that can positively prove that ovulation is happening/has happened? Even these bloody tests don’t do that. It feels like we spend all this time and money and are none the wiser!

Sorry for your BFN. Hope you get to enjoy a drink over Christmas and that 2022 is more successful for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've been struggling with the pre-mom strips over the last month or so. Basically it says I haven't ovulated. Even though I can feel I have. Or my "peak" isn't high enough. Luckily we've decided to take a step back due to illness and Christmas just being generally crazy but it is starting to get me down that all of a sudden I'm not ovulating

I've been struggling with the pre-mom strips over the last month or so. Basically it says I haven't ovulated. Even though I can feel I have. Or my "peak" isn't high enough. Luckily we've decided to take a step back due to illness and Christmas just being generally crazy but it is starting to get me down that all of a sudden I'm not ovulating
How high does it have to be to get peak? I don't understand the numbers?

I found this article whilst searching about the results of the Pre-Mom OPK strips - https://premom.com/blogs/what-is-premom-and-why-premom/what-is-a-t-c-ratio - which basically says “It’s important to know that the exact ratio value is not important. Always look for the last, darkest test line. Aim for the standard peak ratio of 1.0, but know that some women do peak lower (between .8 and 1.0), and others may peak higher than 2.0!” So your peak not being high enough doesn’t seem right.

I found this article whilst searching about the results of the Pre-Mom OPK strips - https://premom.com/blogs/what-is-premom-and-why-premom/what-is-a-t-c-ratio - which basically says “It’s important to know that the exact ratio value is not important. Always look for the last, darkest test line. Aim for the standard peak ratio of 1.0, but know that some women do peak lower (between .8 and 1.0), and others may peak higher than 2.0!” So your peak not being high enough doesn’t seem right.
The first month was where you can clearly see a peak but then last month there was no peak and this month is going along the same way.

Attachments

The first month was where you can clearly see a peak but then last month there was no peak and this month is going along the same way.
It looks like you’re testing in the evening? Have you tried testing your first morning wee? Also, do you tend to keep quite hydrated? That can skew the reading too as it can dilute your urine too much. I like to drink 3-5 litres of water a day but cut right back for testing. That might help.

If this is the only time it’s happened, I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s fairly common for women to have the occasional anovulatory cycle, especially during times of illness or stress. If it keeps happening, request to see your doctor for the day 21 progesterone tests.

It looks like you’re testing in the evening? Have you tried testing your first morning wee? Also, do you tend to keep quite hydrated? That can skew the reading too as it can dilute your urine too much. I like to drink 3-5 litres of water a day but cut right back for testing. That might help.
It tells you test between 10am and 8pm twice a day and to NOT test with first wee.

Yeah I read in the instructions not to do it with the first wee of the day and to keep hydrated. I'm out of the house from 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday so don't get chance to do it any other time than when I get home from work unfortunately.
If this is the only time it’s happened, I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s fairly common for women to have the occasional anovulatory cycle, especially during times of illness or stress. If it keeps happening, request to see your doctor for the day 21 progesterone tests.
This month is looking like it is going the same way but then last month and this month I have been quite stressed due to work and being ill etc so maybe it's just that. I'll keep testing and see what happens next month and then contact my doctor.

Thank you everyone for your responses 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone track bbt and have low temps? All cycle it’s been around the 35.85 mark, dropped down to 35.39 for one day and now I’ve ovulated it’s at 35.97 :/ I’ve read online that it might mean I have a problem with my thyroid?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.